Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Oh nvm we're back to the Star Wars franchise being a joke. Whew that was quick.
Man of Steel director Zack Snyder is developing a Star Wars film that will take place outside of the planned new trilogy of movies.

Vulture reports that the helmer, who has also made 300, Watchmen and Sucker Punch, is "developing a Star Wars project for Lucasfilm that is set within the series’ galaxy, though parallel to the next trilogy. It will be an as-yet-untitled Jedi epic loosely based on Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 classic Seven Samurai, with the ronin and katana being replaced by the Force-wielding knights and their iconic lightsabers."

BTW, a film based on a story where most, if not all of the heroes die, from a director who has made many films where most if not all of the heroes die, a film that is part of the star wars universe, but doesn't feature any of the heroes we already know (who lets face it, probably won't die), if that is seen as a bad thing, then count me in for bad things.

But still, its not like most people hold the only star wars film not to have a happy ending in any great regard is it?

Well he's a good director and everything but it feels a bit greedy that he gets Star Trek and Star Wars...

And really why not just get Spielberg instead of Spielberg Lite (he probably didn't want to do it.)

It was probably unlikely he'd direct Star Trek 13 anyway, so it shouldn't really cause any disruption to the more important franchise. But it'll very interesting to compare JJ Trek and JJ Wars if this actually comes about.

Maybe JJ Wars will be a quiet contemplation on the human experience and our relationship to the universe and each other.

New Spinoff Films Set to Expand the Star Wars Galaxy
February 05, 2013

The Star Wars cinematic galaxy is about to experience a Big Bang. Lucasfilm is officially announcing new spinoff films that will expand the mythos and depths of the Star Wars universe in previously unexplored ways.

One of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The movies will be separate from the upcoming Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, on which Kasdan and Kinberg are also consulting, and are expected to be released sometime after Episode VII. Each standalone film will focus on a specific character, and two spinoff films are currently confirmed.

In a call to investors, Bob Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, revealed while the original focus was on the highly-anticipated sequel trilogy, the idea of spinoff films was bandied about early and the additional films are now becoming a reality. "We are in development of a few standalone films," he said, "that are not part of the Star Wars saga...there are now creative entities working on developing scripts for what would be those standalone films."

Stay tuned to StarWars.com as more exciting developments unfold.

I know we already knew there were going to be spin-off movies but I thought they'd wait until after the new trilogy. STAR WARS SATURATION COMING.

Looks like once 2015 comes, you will never be more than a year away from a new star wars film.

I would quite like to see the Yoda Back story (First individual story told)

However, the requirement for the main character to be entirely CGI and with a speech impediment may be limiting.

I tend to think he will talk normally until near the end, then get hit on the head, leading to his "condition"

He talked normally for the most part in Empire Strikes Back after he stopped pretending to be crazy swamp Yoda, they just kind of forgot that in the other movies.

So apparently it's not Yoda but...a Young Han Solo movie and a Boba Fett movie.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-offs-young-han-solo-movie-boba-fett/

Will Boba be played by the kid from Episode 2? He does a good job as the voice on Clone Wars. Will it have the supporting bounty hunters from Clone Wars? WILL IT HAVE BOSSK? So many questions.

Just one question about the young Han Solo moive idea: is this the worst idea in the history of the world or is it just me?