THE APPRENTICE starts on Wednesday

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Candidates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidates.shtml

Of course SOME PEOPLE already know who they are from INSIDE SOURCES.

Seems to be a worrying lack of hotties. Maybe Kate. I'll support Lorraine Tighe because she'll remind me of Saul Tigh in the post BSG world and Rocky Andrews because he has the best name ever.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
You mean me? I'll have to ask that friend what he knows. But doesn't actually watch the show, so I always have to play Guess Who to figure out which contestant he's talking about. He never remembers their names.

I saw Kate's pic in the Radio Times and was instantly rooting for her. Hope she goes all the way!

CaptainWacky

YES, YOU. SOURCE BOY.

There was a story in some paper about Kate having an affair with one of the guys and Sir Alan being "furious". I'm sure this exact same story comes out every year...

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
He can't be as furious as when his chosen apprentice (Badger was robbed!) got pregnant by Syed.

Oh and last year it was Katie Hopkins and that military bloke with the useless fire lighting technique. That was last year, wasn't it? Time goes by so fast and yet so slow.

CaptainWacky

Noooo, Katie was two years ago. Last year was Raef (GOD BLESS YOU SIR), Lee McQueen (who somehow won) and, umm...some other people.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh of course. They had the big army guy instead, who Sralan thought was a really decent bloke, but with regret, had to fire. And that twat. I think he was called Alex.

CaptainWacky

I liked the army guy too, yeah. And hated twat. I was trying to remember the finalists and must have blocked him out. And there was crazy Lucinda and a Badger type woman who should have won (Claire?)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh yeah, Claire was a bit of a Badger clone. The producers must've been over the moon when she turned up for auditions. Lucinda was nuts and had a weird acthent, but I remember her really surprising everyone when she was team leader.

And there was good Jewish boy whatshisface (Anthony?) and Sara, who claimed to be ruthless and scare people or something but everyone was a bit racist towards her.

I lost on the betting pool my friends have going each year. I must've picked Raef. Didn't even get as close as Grimey.

CaptainWacky

Aha, I remember the jewish boy (Michael, I THINK was his name.) Sir Alan kept saving him despite him being useless, even keeping him over Raef after the commercial task. And was't he having an affair with one of the female contestants or something? And Grimey revealed it in the boardroom (I know, that was the year before, but something similar happened here.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Celebrity Apprentice has been on for three weeks in the US. Not many people care.

Ironically, Joan Rivers is getting the best edit of all of them. But then she's a take-charge kind of gal.

CaptainWacky

Celebrity Apprentice only lasts one day here (but it's a charity thing).

CaptainWacky

He always fires the lawyer first.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm sure it's always like this, but it didn't seem like there were any standout "personalities" in the bunch, did there?

Kate thankfully lived up to expectations, but I hope her mouthyness doesn't get her fired straight away. Didn't like the one with the black hair who ended up in the boardroom. Possible hate figure? None of the blokes seemed that interesting, although I had my eye on Rocky to see if he was as interesting as his name suggests. Well, I suppose the school teacher was a character, but we'll see if he actually knows anything about business.

CaptainWacky

I didn't even know which one was Rocky. I did notice that all the men had really small mouths.

Yeah, it usually seems like there's a lack of good characters at first then gets better. SO LET'S HOPE SO. It was a decent enough episode.

The red haired woman seemed quite good looking and nice but she's probably the type who will hardly be seen.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, I thought she looked nice too. Unfortunately, she's probably too nice personality wise to end up being the centre of attention.

CaptainWacky

She reminded me a bit of Mad Jo from a few years ago during the brief moments she was on screen.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
He fired the Oompah Loompah.
11deep.jpg
the-apprentice-image-3-870054816.jpg

CaptainWacky

Somone on DS said "why did he fire the best looking one first?"

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I've never been so annoyed by the size of someone's mouth before.