The Gul's Psychotic Break/WF Implosion Banpool...

gturner

I thought there might be a problem when I saw Tech and Media Central threads in the Red Room....

An exception occurred: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/wordforg/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333

1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 684
  3. XenForo_Application->loadDb()
Someone there suggested that I was the greatest troll in WF history because my posts drove the mods so insane they blew the whole place up.

Answer: True, apparently.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Cross-posted from the Facebook WF United group:

So to recap: GTurner was a threat to the board and was disrupting everything so he needed to be excised. In the week he's been gone, there have been multiple bans, secret rooms, posters that have been on the board since Day One leaving, constant controversy, no substantive threads to speak of, and the board, resignations and staff changes, and repeated crashes to the board.

Sounds like maybe GTurner was really the only thing holding the board together. :marathon:

gturner

I'm guessing the post that killed it was something like:

Gul: If you think what HRC, DWS, and the DNC did to Bernie ended badly, wait till you see what I do to gturner!​

:p

El Chupacabra

I'm not wearing any pants!!
Yes, the board software is crashing because gturner is banned. Perfect logic...:gagh:

More likely that the "tech" admins aren't as proficient as they like us to think.

gturner

Yes, the board software is crashing because gturner is banned. Perfect logic...:gagh:

More likely that the "tech" admins aren't as proficient as they like us to think.

My guess is that you can't have the same thread sitting in multiple rooms, which was certainly what existed last night after they moved the VR threads (and Tech threads, and Media Central Threads) back to the RR. It probably blew up when someone commented on a thread that had multiple parent forums.

But that's just a guess because I've never looked under the hood.

The bad news is that if that's it, there are a whole lot of screwed up threads that will have to be straightened out. And the RR was showing its threads ordered by date of the last comment. I went down to page 9 or 10 and the cross-overs were still showing up, so it's possible ALL threads in all other forums got merged into the Red Room.

There might not be an easy way to fix that without going in by hand.

I was reading the help desk thread that O2C posted then suddenly I got this.
Screen%20Shot%202016-12-01%20at%203.07.24%20PM_zpsd78x5uwa.png

gturner

Or had used LeFora instead of managing the forum themselves.

Of course causing tech support to jump ship right after the Thanksgiving Day massacre and a week before having a belated forumectomy was probably another bad decision.

gturner

Look on the bright side. At least we're not a Brazilian soccer team.

I was reading a Daily Mail article about the tragedy and saw this picture:

3AE87BE400000578-0-image-a-29_1480581280222.jpg

Brazil's Foreign Minister Jose Serra (left) thanks the people of Colombia during an event commemorating the victims of a plane crash in Medellin

And I wondered why they didn't identify Colombia's prime minister on the right. ;)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Here's the thing: It's a pretty safe bet that they had to jury-rig a whole bunch of things to cobble together a ghetto to lock GTurner into. Tapatalk just happens to get discontinued the same week they decide to do this? What are the odds of that being completely unrelated? "Hey guys, I've been busy figuring out a bunch of administrative stuff for Operation Kristallnacht but I decided that while I was working on that, I'd also turn of an app we've been using for years."

And given how horribly they bungled railroading GTurner on his metaphorical Jew train, it's really not that much of a stretch to say that this whole mess is what broke the board. They went to a bunch of effort to create a special secret room that wouldn't show up on the Web and manually moved a bunch of threads to it. Then they deleted it and tried to move things back out. It's kind of like the mess that Trump's going to have to deal with as he dismantles Obamacare.

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!

Everybody cried for Johns head, and they got it. Now look what happened.

El Chupacabra

So, John is busy hawking Starscape BBS over on FB, which he has just restarted, presumably as a sulk reaction to his treatment on WF. Anna is crying that I helped drive her off because apparently I want to WF to be an alt-rght forum (and telling me things with directly contradict things I actually told her in the lead up to the resignation). I'm scratching my head on this. I mean, seriously, can these people be any more delicate and thin skinned? The whole clusterfuck was a mistake, and they admitted as much. Now they're doing an about face and sitting in the corner like pouting toddlers, sulking about (supposedly) being unreasonably treated? Why? If they hate the idea of and alt-right controlled WF, why just throw the towel in and wimp out? Sad. Worse still, they (and Anc) have the gall to pretend that WF has gone down because of John supposedly being driven off. Um, he quit of his own accord did he not?

This was never about WF becoming a alt-right zone. It was about fairness and the rules - at least for me anyhow. That now we're seeing a "look how you all destroyed WF" narrative is astonishingly pathetic.

El Chupacabra

Everybody cried for Johns head, and they got it. Now look what happened.
Oh please. John walked of his own accord. He wimped out - and I, for one, did not cry for his head. You're honestly making the case that one day of him away from the board made the thing go down the shitter? I'm not buying that at all.

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!
So, John is busy hawking Starscape BBS over on FB, which he has just restarted, presumably as a sulk reaction to his treatment on WF. Anna is crying that I helped drive her off because apparently I want to WF to be an alt-rght forum (and telling me things with directly contradict things I actually told her in the lead up to the resignation). I'm scratching my head on this. I mean, seriously, can these people be any more delicate and thin skinned? The whole clusterfuck was a mistake, and they admitted as much. Now they're doing an about face and sitting in the corner like pouting toddlers, sulking about (supposedly) being unreasonably treated? Why? If they hate the idea of and alt-right controlled WF, why just throw the towel in and wimp out? Sad. Worse still, they (and Anc) have the gall to pretend that WF has gone down because of John supposedly being driven off. Um, he quit of his own accord did he not?

This was never about WF becoming a alt-right zone. It was about fairness and the rules - at least for me anyhow. That now we're seeing a "look how you all destroyed WF" narrative is astonishingly pathetic.

It's not really about fairness at all. It seems to be more about a dislike of gul combined with an excuse to have some drama that has really motivated you, IMO.

You talk about fairness. To whom and to what end? To the end of the board, like all of the other spinoff boards that have bit the dust? Fairness for a bunch of shitheels who's overriding concern is to so poison the atmosphere that the board collapses regardless?

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!
Oh please. John walked of his own accord. He wimped out - and I, for one, did not cry for his head. You're honestly making the case that one day of him away from the board made the thing go down the shitter? I'm not buying that at all.

Technical expertise, or lack there of is the cause. Not because John the poster left. But because John the boffin stepped down.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Here's an idea for you to ponder: Why do you suppose people dislike gul?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter

You're not going to like or agree with this, but I would argue that this is just a symptom of a problem I'll call You Made Your Bed And Now You've Got To Lie In It Syndrome.

You know how Trump got elected President? Lefties became increasingly thin-skinned, intolerant, and overbearing at forcing their views on everyone. A number of states and indeed the federal government came up with "Defense of Marriage" laws, defining a marriage as between a man and a woman. Liberals overturned those. A number of states came up with voter ID laws. Liberals overturned those. In Oregon a couple was financially ruined and driven out of business for refusing to make a gay wedding cake. For years liberals have accused anyone who disagrees with them of being stupid, a liar, a racist, a homophobe, and a KKK Nazi. Cops are getting assassinated. The news media spent close to two years telling everyone President-Elect Trump was a stupid, arrogant sideshow joke that didn't have a chance. People tend to get sick of being talked down to. And people tend to do something about it. That's how Trump got elected President.

And what did the Left do? Did they go "Huh. Maybe we do have a problem." No. They rioted. They attacked people. They told us how stupid and racist we were. They decided to bully anyone they had power over to silence any views they disagreed with.

But what do I know? I'm a stupid liar racist homophobe KKK Nazi that shoots defenseless black people while wearing a Confederate flag as a cape.