The YOUNG APPRENTICE starts TOMORROW

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Smoochies was ok, but it's a bit of a niche market. How many couples go to each screening of a movie AND buy popcorn, versus how many groups of friends go to each screening and would not be remotely interested in a romantically themed popcorn? I think an American theme is a bit weak and bland, but it does fit pretty well into a trip with friends to watch a movie which is undoubtedly going to be American. Shame about the bad pitch.

For me Lizzie hasn't stood out that much until maybe last week and then she was very strong this week. Would've made a decent finalist.

Haya going when her team won was unfair, but let's not forget last week's ramshackle attempt at leadership when she tried to find items off the list by randomly wandering around, and failed to communicate with Nice Harry when she found a Bieber sized suit. Comparing that with Captain Vanilla and ARTY Zara she was the best pick to, wiv regret, leave the process.

It took me a while, but I did come around to your PoV about James. I still think he's a bit of a misery, if a slightly self deprecating one, but he does have his head screwed on when it comes to business, so I'd probably pick him as my winner.

Zara's good, but I find her a bit too big for her boots at times. Her pitches were excellent and she is very good with words, and this seems to go to her head and make her come out with eloquently prosed bullshit about inventing other people's thoughts and being literally the most eager. Also, she keeps going on about being creative and this always annoys me in people. She'd be a worthy winner, but I'd much prefer it was James.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The thing about Zara's ego is that she keeps getting proven right about how good she is by winning tasks and now getting to the final. So she's not really going to learn a lesson in humility, even if she loses. And really I bet if she had been on the design team they would have come up with much better packaging (that's the second time Haya's wanted to be on the design team because she's "creative" and it's turned out crap.)

I wonder what James and Zara do in the house by themselves?

CaptainWacky

So, Zara won. No surprise really, even if James had clearly won the final task (he didn't really) I still think she would have been picked. Overall she was the safest choice for investment. I hope she becomes a big film producer and stuff. Mohammed's "dead parents come back as zombies" game would have been awesome.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
He confirms my theory that all Somalians have been turned completely unhinged by the constant warring over there.

The pig game was a pretty good idea, while James's one turned out reasonably, but just seemed like the kind of stuffy, unimaginative thing an economics student would come up with. He didn't really have much use for the money, either. At least not in the short term anyway.

Best bit was Nick and Karen sitting in the design studio holding those stuffed toys.

CaptainWacky

Nick was quite funny on HIGNFY tonight.

CaptainWacky

Zara was hot.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They've cancelled this now even though it's sometimes much better than the normal version. :( Sure, it's embarrassing seeing kids act like they know loads of stuff they don't, but the adults to that too, and it's far more annoying in their case.

CaptainWacky

And at least none of them will sue Lord Sugar.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Little Arjun probably replaced Lord Sugar with a robot years ago anyway.

CaptainWacky

I fucking love the Reese The Bosser twitter.