Dark Pickle

Fucked Off
I have a solution…

000strangelove.jpg

http://www.trollkingdom.net/forum/favorite-television-character-t116796.html

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
WE CAN REBUILD THE MF JUST LIKE THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN, ONLY WITH TITS AND A BIONIC DICK!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Or a bionic duck.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
A Top 200 List would kill us?

Dark Pickle

Fucked Off
BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I had a point to prove with my involvement in this sad fiasco, other than fake drama!

In a QSF threrad, the possibility od axeing the Media Forum was discussed, since everyone talks about TV in the MF, anyway.

IF NOTHING ELSE, I hope we learned why that's a mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I love the MF and wouldn't change it if I could, but there's a lot of diverse opinions out there, and they deserve to be heard in an enviriorment that won't drive certain members batchit insane.

I hope that sounded diplomatic enough...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I was against axing the media forum and the sports forum all along.

They have a purpose. They get used. There's no good reason to get rid of them. Period.

CaptainWacky

I think 200 would be too much and we'd end up including undeserving characters to make up the numbers.

I STILL WANT TO MAKE IT 108 THOUGH.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Yeah, even I'm having a hard time coming up with 100 more people that could be included in the list, even taking into consideration those we missed, such as Odo and Angel. There's 102. 98 MORE TO GO BITCHES

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Because it would completely cheapen the quality of the characters when any old idiot is being thrown on the list.

It's meant to be a list of the very best cream of the crop characters.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Then lets make a list of who should be on, and start taking people from the list we have already to make room for them.

CaptainWacky

Uhura
Tom Baker's Doctor
Angel
maybe Odo
I was going to add Gaeta from BSG if there was room but he's not essential (just really well written and acted.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Uhura, really?

I know she was groundbreaking at the time, but were 40 years on from that now, and colour aside, she did just stand around a lot saying "hailing frequencies open"

whisky

Boobie inspector
Really?, I wasn't aware of that, thanks for that bombshell.

And here I was thinking it was the black guy in Sergent Bilko, who later went on to become the original Colonel Tigh.

Uhura might have had the first interacial kiss on tv, but she was hardly the first person of colour on a show.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I believe it's the fact that she was a black woman on 1960's television who wasn't just a maid or some other form of servant, she actually was equal to the other characters and even in a prominent position of power.

Dark Pickle

Fucked Off
Uhura, played by Nichelle Nichols, is a character in Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Animated Series, and the first six Star Trek films. She is significant as one of the first major black characters on an American television series

From Wiki, so it's admittedly suspect info, and yeah I meant ONE OF THE FIRST. Still important tho.

CaptainWacky

I guess it all depends on how much we care about blacks.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I definitely think Uhura belongs on the list.

WHO ARE WE KIDDING, THE LIST WILL NEVER CHANGE WE'LL JUST ARGUE ABOUT IT FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN FORGET.