TOP 25 SCI-FI SHOWS (according to Wizard)

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Well, there's a point. Should mini series count? It was like a tv event for a month, not a long-running television show.

Tisiphone

I've never even heard of that.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
WHAT ABOUT FUTURAMA?

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I know wacky already did this, but it deserves a second look.

25. Dark Shadows (1966-71) - eh!? Wha...?

24. Smallville (2001-now) - Are you kidding me? I know there aren't a lot of shows to choose from, but really? Why not pick the original Superman TV show? THAT WAS FUCKING ORIGINAL!

23. Red Dwarf (1988-99, 2009) - Hold on... A comedy show where they barely show any real sci-fi stuff? How is this on the list and SG1 (which actually developed a far greater plot and sci-fi material) isn't?

22. Incredible Hulk (1978-82) - Yeah, I can see that.

21. Night Gallery (1970-73) - Where do they come up with this shit?

20. Supernatural (2005-now) - Don't watch it. I have a great feeling that it's totally ghey.

19. Highlander: The Series (1992-98) - Needs a higher ranking.

18. Babylon 5 (1994-99) - Needs a MUCH higher ranking.

17. The Outer Limits (1963-65) - Needs a higher ranking.

16. Quantum Leap (1989-93) - Needs a higher ranking.

15. The Dead Zone (2002-07) - OMG REALLY!?!?!?

14. Angel (1999-04) - The first signs that the people who made this list are totally incompetent. How does this beat out B5, Highlander, Quantum Leap, DS9, AND Sg1!? It was a fucking spinoff of a mediocre-at-best TV show. AND WHERE THE FUCK IS CHARMED!?!?!?

13. The Prisoner (1967-68) - Again with the obscure short-lived crap...

12. The 4400 (2004-07) - OK, no. This show didn't deserve to even be on this list at all and they put it at 12!? Fags...

11. Firefly (2002-03) - Yes. A fantastic show.

10. V (miniseries-1983) - See comment for 13.

9. Jeckyll (2007) - Who?

8. The X-Files (1993-02) - Totally deserves a top 10 spot.

7. Star Trek (1966-69) - Again, a show that needs to be in the top ten.

6. Lost (2004-now) - What wacky said. though, it doesn't beat TOS imho.

5. Battlestar Galactica (2004-09) - Never watched it, but the feel around here tells me that it's somewhat deserving.

4. Buffy The Vampire Slayer (1997-03) - [CAPSLOCK]HOLY BALLSACKS!!! HOW THE MOTHER FUCK DID THIS SHOW BEAT A DOZEN OTHER SHOWS THAT ARE MORE DESERVING OF BEING ON THIS LIST!?!?!? NOT TO DIS TISIPHONE OR ANYTHING, BUT THIS SHOW WASN'T ALL THAT WONDERFUL. AND AS TIS SAID IT'S ONLY A FANTASY SHOW, NOT SCI-FI!!!!![/CAPSLOCK]

3. Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-94) - It's not number 1?

2. The Twighlight Zone (1959-64) - Yes. Deserves it's post.

1. Doctor Who (1963-89, 2005-now) - You're kidding, right? right? please tell me you're kidding.

Shows that were left off the list that should have been there if the creators of this weren't teenaged fangirls: DS9, sg1, Charmed, Xena, and Hercules.

Tisiphone

^I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Buffy. What was so revolutionary about the show? Even Joss Whedon doesn't give Buffy half the credit that others do, instead giving it to earlier genre shows that paved the way for Buffy. Buffy didn't pave the road for shit, except an Angel spinoff.

Like I said, I enjoyed the first three seasons, but it went downhill from there.

And it's Autolycus, lover. :)

Tisiphone

Did I just contradict myself? I DON'T FUCKING CARE BLAME THE DRUGZ DRUGZ DRUGZ DRUGZ ADHD DRUGZ ADHD DRUGZ ADHD

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Oh, and one more thing. Black Scorpion was the fucking BOMB.

It had a hot chick in a black pleather outfit, a cool car that did some really sick shit, and it was produced by Roger Corman himself. How is that not fucking awesome?

Tisiphone

If they're gonna include mini-series, where's Witchblade? That had potential.

I thought Witchblade was a series. It just got canceled...so maybe it seemed mini?

CaptainWacky

I think people underestimate Buffy and the way it weaved pop culture references and stylised dialogue in with story arcs and somewhat risky content (lesbains and musicals!)

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
After the big scandal over the Ali McBeal on-TV lezbo kiss, and the advent of Queer As Folk (a really good show that went underrated due to it's content) the lesbianism thing didn't seem so big. Besides, Law & Order had a lesbian character on for a long time. What was probably more risky for Buffy was that its target audience consisted of a lot of teenagers vs. the more adult crowds of the shows I mentioned.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Buffy is the best show ever on television, Bar none. I SAID BAR NONE, BITCHES!!!!!! If you don't agree, you make me so mad I lakhssdf;lhnkjsadbnfkjabsdjb!!

CaptainWacky

Not according to Wizard!

Tisiphone

Holy shit, yeah! Where is Farscape??

Tisiphone

Conchaga, I was trying to write "word" in your karma box, but it disappears on me. WTF??

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Apparently Jim Henson is full of so much win that they might've thought it was unfair to list it among the others.

CaptainWacky

THat mUST BE IT