USA vs Russia...Because Ukraine can't defend itself.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Russia's ambassador to the US says no one will speak to him

• Russia's ambassador to the US Anatoly Antonov told Politico he has been iced out by officials in DC.
  • Antonov also said that he has not spoken to Russian President Vladimir Putin in years.
  • The two have not had a conversation since before Antonov left for Washington in 2017, Antonov said.

Click Here For Full Story

Oerdin

Mariupol will likely fall in the next 72 hours and that will free up around 70k Russian forces to go on the defensive. If the Russians can carry out a war of maneuver in flat and treeless eastern Ukraine then the UF might loos 40% of its Qrmy to enci4clement. It is going to be a lot harder to ambush armed vehicles with ATGMs without cover.

If Russia fails then it is pretty much game over for them though. We will see. I will say Ukraine doesn't seem to have much offensive ability yet.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Mariupol will likely fall in the next 72 hours and that will free up around 70k Russian forces to go on the defensive. If the Russians can carry out a war of maneuver in flat and treeless eastern Ukraine then the UF might loos 40% of its Qrmy to enci4clement. It is going to be a lot harder to ambush armed vehicles with ATGMs without cover.

If Russia fails then it is pretty much game over for them though. We will see. I will say Ukraine doesn't seem to have much offensive ability yet.
What's left of Mariupol you mean? As in there's nothing left since all Russia wants is a land bridge. Sinking that battleship went pretty well though, don't you think?

Don't you hate posting with your phone?

Oerdin

Yeah, the phone pretty much sucks. I have a tablet and two laptops but the kids always are using the laptops and my desktop is no more as the youngest spilled his can of coke into the tower. I have been holding off on buying g a replacement desktop due to the chip shortage but maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a new one.

jack

I have like 2 phones, two laptops, a desktop and a firecube between my wife and I. it was even worse when the kids were still home. Trying to coordinate processes from one device to another is like tring to herd cats. Trying to print my boarding passes for todays flight off the phone was ridiculous. Had to wait til I could hookup the laptop to do that and then it took like just a minute.

Nothing like tech to speed things up slow things down.

Oerdin

Exactly. Then I point out that they have a Nintendo Switch, a Meta whatever 2, and Sony Playstation 5. Not to mention a bunch of on demand streaming services, bikes that they just had to have but hardly use, their own tablets, etc... Yet they want to spend most of the time on the two laptops for my wife wife I after spilling coke on my desktop.

Kids. What are you going to do? Oh, and not the youngest has I formed me he wants his own cellphone.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Western officials say Russia can still win in Ukraine despite setbacks

Russian President Vladimir Putin could still win in Ukraine despite failing in his pre-war objectives, Western officials said on Thursday, adding that Russia had
addressed some of the issues that had hindered it earlier on in the invasion. Russia invaded Ukraine two months ago, and in recent weeks has refocused on the east of the country after failing to capture the capital Kyiv. "Putin has clearly failed in meeting his initial pre-war objectives, but is still in a position to win," one official said, on condition of anonymity. Another official said that Russia had started to address some of the issues that had hindered its army at the start of the invasion, but the way in which forces were manoeuvring, often in long columns, was still causing them problems.

jack

Exactly. Then I point out that they have a Nintendo Switch, a Meta whatever 2, and Sony Playstation 5. Not to mention a bunch of on demand streaming services, bikes that they just had to have but hardly use, their own tablets, etc... Yet they want to spend most of the time on the two laptops for my wife wife I after spilling coke on my desktop.

Kids. What are you going to do? Oh, and not the youngest has I formed me he wants his own cellphone.

My 13 year old granddaughter has a cell, an I pad, and pmuch every gadget currently out. She is a Beatles fan though, and has collected a nice catalog of their vinyl, which she's learning to play on her electric guitar.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Wimbledon bars players from Russia, Belarus due to war in Ukraine

Tennis players from Russia and Belarus will not be allowed to compete at Wimbledon this year due to Russia's "unjustified" invasion of Ukraine, the All England Club announced Wednesday. "Given the profile of The Championships in the United Kingdom and around the world, it is our responsibility to play our part in the widespread efforts of Government, industry, sporting and creative institutions to limit Russia's global influence through the strongest means possible," the All England Club said in a statement. "In the circumstances of such unjustified and unprecedented military aggression, it would be unacceptable for the Russian regime to derive any benefits from the involvement of Russian or Belarusian players with The Championships.

jack

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Trump Brags He Threatened to Not Defend NATO Allies From Russia

Former President Donald Trump said Thursday that he threatened to not defend NATO allies from Russian aggression while he was commander in chief. NATO allies' spending on defense did increase during Trump's tenure as president. Some critics have pointed out, however, that this uptick came as the result of 2014 commitments. In 2014, three years before Trump took office and following Russia's annexation of Crimea, NATO members agreed they would meet by 2024 the 2 percent commitment to fund their own defense. But Trump did focus significant pressure on NATO allies to rapidly work to achieve that goal.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Live Updates: Russia-Ukraine war: Zelenskyy calls for more weapons ahead of expected visit by U.S. officials
“Tomorrow we will communicate exactly in terms of the list of weapons we need and the pace of its supply,” Zelenskyy told a news conference.

Click Here For Live Updates

jack

I hope he remembers to say “please” and “thank you”.
or at least "будь ласка і дякую"

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Ukrainian prime minister says Russia committing "terrible war crimes"

As the death toll mounts in Mariupol, the key port city in eastern Ukraine, where Russia has focused its efforts since failing to capture the capital of Kyiv — Ukraine Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal accused the invading forces of committing "terrible war crimes" in the city. In an exclusive interview on "Face the Nation," Shmyhal said "small children and babies" have died of dehydration in Mariupol since the war began two months ago. More than 100,000 people are believed to remain in the city with little access to water, food or heat. About 430,000 people lived in the city before the war. "So there are terrible atrocities, terrible war crimes on the Mariupol territory," Shmyhal said at the end of his trip last week to Washington, where he met with President Biden and top lawmakers.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Russian troops in Ukraine have suffered as many deaths as the entire 9-year Afghan war that contributed to the USSR's collapse

In nearly nine weeks, Russia lost as many troops during its invasion of Ukraine as it did in the nine years of the Soviet War in Afghanistan. "It is our assessment that approximately 15,000 Russian personnel have been killed during their offensive," Ben Wallace, UK's Secretary of State for Defense said in a statement released by the British embassy in Washington on Monday. He also estimated that approximately a quarter of the battalion tactical groups were "not combat effective." The Soviet War in Afghanistan lasted from 1979 to 1989. Many scholars partially attributed the Soviet Union's 1991 collapse to the military failure in the war. About 14,500 Soviet soldiers died then — along with 90,000 Mujahideen soldiers, 18,000 Afghan soldiers, and approximately one million civilians, The Atlantic reported in 2014.

• About 15,000 Russian troops have died in the invasion of Ukraine, per UK's defense secretary.
  • Roughly the same number of Soviet soldiers died during the nine-year war in Afghanistan.
  • At least 2,665 civilians have been killed in Ukraine to date, according to the UN's OHCHR.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Russia threatens to cut gas supplies to other nations as EU accuses Kremlin of ‘blackmail’

Russia has warned it could cut off gas supplies to other nations after turning the taps off for Nato members Poland and Bulgaria. In a sign of even further tensions between the Kremlin and the west over Ukraine, Russia threatened to target nations if they did not comply with President Putin’s demands to pay for fuel in roubles. The threat came after an announcement earlier on Wednesday that gas bound for Poland and Bulgaria would be halted. That move led to leaders across Europe accusing Moscow of “blackmail” over gas provision.Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission called the move to cut gas supplies to Poland and Bulgaria, also two European Union members states, “unacceptable and unjustified.”
“The announcement by Gazprom that it is unilaterally stopping delivery of gas to customers in Europe is yet another attempt by Russia to use gas as an instrument of blackmail,” Ms von der Leyen said.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Ukraine round-up: Russia ramping up attacks in east, officials warn

"Russian troops are gradually increasing the intensity of their offensive in eastern Ukraine," Ukrainian defence ministry spokesman Oleksandr Motuzyanyk warned.
"There are signs that the aggressor is preparing for an even bigger activation of military actions." The warning comes as Western officials painted a picture of the invading forces facing serious problems.The UK Ministry of Defence said on Saturday that Russia has been forced to merge and redeploy "depleted and disparate units" from its failed attempt to seize territory in Ukraine' north-east, combining them into its renewed focus on the east of the country.

Click Here For Complete Story