Welcome Wordforge posters

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
:shrug: To me it's kind of like slamming your hand in a car door to test if it will hurt. I just take for granted the response I know is going to happen and save myself the effort at this point.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
0rNhi4O.png

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The irony is, days later, it looks like a radical Muslim just caused a big hostage situation. That's almost worth logging on to bump Lanz's thread. I mean, I know the reaction I'll get. But that's the point. Watch them fester with resentment at being wrong. Yet again.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
That shit was fucked up. Did bring the attention to his intent though thanks to the bloodthirsty media.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I think you should do it too, Volpone.

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
The irony is, days later, it looks like a radical Muslim just caused a big hostage situation. That's almost worth logging on to bump Lanz's thread. I mean, I know the reaction I'll get. But that's the point. Watch them fester with resentment at being wrong. Yet again.
Eh. It provided me with some amusement as the kids all circled the wagons to defend their hypocrisy.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This is just me, digging up bones. Maybe 4 people in the world know this story and for all I know, I'm the only person who remembers it. And I'm sure I'm forgetting chunks of it. They used to have The Arcade. And for awhile they had this turn-based space strategy game, "Black Nova Traders." A group of us were playing and Elwood had managed to become the dominant force in the game so the rest of us banded together to try to beat him. Bailey was in Australia, I was in Hawaii, and...Kyle?...was in Oregon (Kyle was in Oregon. I just can't remember if it was Kyle or someone else. Nick? Don't remember.) The point is, we had a good spread of time zones, so we could execute a strategy over a lot wider timeframe than 1 person in 1 time zone could. Well Bailey found some world of Elwood's that had insane production numbers. If he kept it, he would be unstoppable. So The Plan was for everyone to attack immediately from wherever they were with whatever they had.

Now at that point I'd been involved with the military for around a decade. I'd read extensively on strategy and tactics. I'd studied doctrine on attacking and defending. I'd been in an actual war. Doctrine is that an attacker needs to outnumber a defender at 3-1 odds. I don't think we even had 2-1 odds. Furthermore, the game wasn't set up so you could mass a fleet in an alliance of multiple players against another. And The Plan wasn't even to pause long enough for us to each build a massed fleet to attack with. It was "fuck it, send whatever you have from wherever it is and we'll hope it will be enough."

I tried to explain why that plan wouldn't work. Of course the response was "shut up, I know what I'm talking about." I considered holding back and then seeing how long I could hold out against Elwood, but the numbers just didn't work, so I went along. Astonishingly, I was right, and a piecemeal attack wound up being easily crushed. I guess that's a long way to go to say that I posted at Wordforge for close to 20 years. Posted even longer if you add in TBBS. And in all that time I have NEVER had someone from that clique tell me "You know what? You were right." Never.

This is just me, digging up bones. Maybe 4 people in the world know this story and for all I know, I'm the only person who remembers it. And I'm sure I'm forgetting chunks of it. They used to have The Arcade. And for awhile they had this turn-based space strategy game, "Black Nova Traders." A group of us were playing and Elwood had managed to become the dominant force in the game so the rest of us banded together to try to beat him. Bailey was in Australia, I was in Hawaii, and...Kyle?...was in Oregon (Kyle was in Oregon. I just can't remember if it was Kyle or someone else. Nick? Don't remember.) The point is, we had a good spread of time zones, so we could execute a strategy over a lot wider timeframe than 1 person in 1 time zone could. Well Bailey found some world of Elwood's that had insane production numbers. If he kept it, he would be unstoppable. So The Plan was for everyone to attack immediately from wherever they were with whatever they had.

Now at that point I'd been involved with the military for around a decade. I'd read extensively on strategy and tactics. I'd studied doctrine on attacking and defending. I'd been in an actual war. Doctrine is that an attacker needs to outnumber a defender at 3-1 odds. I don't think we even had 2-1 odds. Furthermore, the game wasn't set up so you could mass a fleet in an alliance of multiple players against another. And The Plan wasn't even to pause long enough for us to each build a massed fleet to attack with. It was "fuck it, send whatever you have from wherever it is and we'll hope it will be enough."

I tried to explain why that plan wouldn't work. Of course the response was "shut up, I know what I'm talking about." I considered holding back and then seeing how long I could hold out against Elwood, but the numbers just didn't work, so I went along. Astonishingly, I was right, and a piecemeal attack wound up being easily crushed. I guess that's a long way to go to say that I posted at Wordforge for close to 20 years. Posted even longer if you add in TBBS. And in all that time I have NEVER had someone from that clique tell me "You know what? You were right." Never.
Yet they expect you to say that they were right in all things no matter how lefty looney it is.

The Question

Eternal
I should look in on them and see how they're taking Neil Young's first-class self-own.

To cut through NBC's spin: Young didn't ask Spotify to remove his material. He tried to apply an ultimatum to get Spotify to deplatform Joe Rogan. Spotify showed Young the door instead.

Neil, Neil, Neil... you should'a kept on rockin' in the free world. Bitch. :sarek:

I should look in on them and see how they're taking Neil Young's first-class self-own.

To cut through NBC's spin: Young didn't ask Spotify to remove his material. He tried to apply an ultimatum to get Spotify to deplatform Joe Rogan. Spotify showed Young the door instead.

Neil, Neil, Neil... you should'a kept on rockin' in the free world. Bitch. :sarek:
Southern man don’t need him around anyhow