Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do we think about Stanley "Tookie" Williams?

Then don't learn anything. But you've decided for some reason to make this forum your home at TK. Why? The forum stands for everything you stand against. Why do you keep coming in here and posting left-wing crap? What is it you want?

I want nothing except to challenge my own ideals, and perhaps explore different viewpoints.

That does not mean I offer up my personal experiences for a debate "win".

Well, that's what you're getting. I can't help that you don't like what I have to say. Challenging your ideals means challenging your life--the two exist hand-in-hand, and you are generally the first person to bring up your life experiences as "justification" for your ideals and your beliefs.

Friday said:
You make sense, L_G. Alcoholism is a disease, but one that can be controlled with personal diligence and support.

And see, whether you admit it or not, this is one of your ways of passive/agressive trolling.

How the hell is that trolling?!

And I'm beginning to think we should freakin' change our usernames to "Dave and Maddie"...

The Question said:
Not at all -- it does take work and commitment to turn a life around, but that can only be done by the individual whose life needs turning around, or it just won't take. Their peers can help with that, but they can't motivate it and they can't see it through. It comes down to the man every time -- and if the will is there, everyone else is only secondary. If it isn't, well... all the kings horses and all the kings men. The fact is that this man only saw a need to turn his life around when faced with the knowledge that it would be taken from him in exchange for his taking of four others'. That's what it took, and I'm sure others saw it coming and tried to point it out. That obviously didn't work.
Trying to get this thread back on topic, with apologies to L_G.

You are right. As many years of counseling and intervention my nephew had, it was ultimately his decision to get his act together. I was around mainly to guide the pieces being put together.

Friday said:
Trying to get this thread back on topic, with apologies to L_G.

You are right. As many years of counseling and intervention my nephew had, it was ultimately his decision to get his act together. I was around mainly to guide the pieces being put together.

The topic of this thread is Tookie Williams, not your nephew.

No, just pointing out that this isn't the Blue Room.

This thread is about Tookie Williams, not your life. If you want to bring the thread back on topic (something we don't worry so much about at TK), then you need to bring it back to Tookie Williams and his crimes, and not some emotional analogy with your experiences with your nephew.

Number_6 said:
Your Blue Room threads are full of reported missteps and subsequent rationalization, as well as a desire for others to understand your feelings and take your side. You've basically told your whole life story over there, and it doesn't take much to start making connections between the life events you've chosen to divulge and your politics. They go hand-in-hand. You repeatedly cast yourself in the role of victim in the Blue Room (and elsewhere on Wordforge), and you've expanded your attitude towards your own perceived victimization to include others who've bought into the cult of victimization, like the poor Tookie Williams.
A slight correction...

I've never made myself out to be a victim. Quite the contrary. My upbringing was an extremely difficult one, and I pride myself on the successes I've had, in spite of my circumstances. Through these hardships, I've developed wisdom and inner strength. I admit to having made mistakes. But so have we all. That is just a part of life.

I am not blindly navigating thru life right now, either. The choices I make (job, where to live, etc) are exhaustively thought out and planned. You make it sound as if my life is hopelessly fucked up, and I don't take responsibility for that. That is an intentional distortion. Though I might not be in my perfect situation (who is, after all?), I am in a good place. I also take full responsibility for whatever "missteps" I might have taken in the past.

Why am I defending myself to you? Simple. There are people in this thread that might look to me one day for advice and/or guidance, and I don't want them thinking that it would be foolish to do that.

Friday if I had some i'd give you karma........

But on the subject, kill him and get it over with.

Friday said:
A slight correction...

I've never made myself out to be a victim. Quite the contrary. My upbringing was an extremely difficult one, and I pride myself on the successes I've had, in spite of my circumstances. Through these hardships, I've developed wisdom and inner strength. I admit to having made mistakes. But so have we all. That is just a part of life.

I am not blindly navigating thru life right now, either. The choices I make (job, where to live, etc) are exhaustively thought out and planned. You make it sound as if my life is hopelessly fucked up, and I don't take responsibility for that. That is an intentional distortion. Though I might not be in my perfect situation (who is, after all?), I am in a good place. I also take full responsibility for whatever "missteps" I might have taken in the past.

Why am I defending myself to you? Simple. There are people in this thread that might look to me one day for advice and/or guidance, and I don't want them thinking that it would be foolish to do that.

Wordforgers would disagree.

Eventually, you'll dry up the well here, the same way you did over there.

Loyalty is not one of your strong suits.

I was told that once, but failed to listen.

Now that was a misstep.

No, embarking on a campaign to deliberately alienate the few people who were willing to stick by you was the misstep.

Also, deliberately twisting the truth regarding your many threads at Wordforge and their content. It's all over there for people to read, should they care to bother.

Most won't.