What game are you playing on a Nintendo console at the moment?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
3q2qmTJ.png

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
oh dear god no NOT MINECRAFT MARIO :scared:although lol big peenis

CaptainWacky

The Minecraft guy is in Smash and has a cock for some reason.

CaptainWacky

Paper Mario: The Origami King is very good in a lot of ways. First of all it's hilarious. The exploration is great, and one area where I'd say it even improves on the much loved Thousand Year Door. Olivia is cute and adorable companion, the partners you pick up seem fun too (I'm still on Bobby.) Finding Toads is surprisingly fun and each of them (and there's hundreds) has a unique line of dialogue after which are all very funny. The boss battle are good. BUT...the fucking ring system. Before EVERY fight having to arrange the enemies into lines. It just makes you want to avoid combat completely (there's not much reward from it.) I wish they'd just done straight (quicker) standard RPG fights or even just made it a total action game. But yeah I'll keep playing it, it might just take longer to finish than it would have without "LINE THEM UP".

CaptainWacky

^The combat gets easier to avoid as you go on and I did get better at the ring system. It's still the biggest problem with what is the third best Paper Mario game, but overall I enjoyed the game and am glad I played it.

Currently playing Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. It's fun.

CaptainWacky

Should I play this Hades thing then.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Completed it. It's really great if you enjoy roguelikes. Tons of flavour, tight gameplay and top-notch art. It basically nails everything.

CaptainWacky

I own FF9, that's the first step.

CaptainWacky

I love how Nintendo just said "make everything cats! EVERYTHING."

CaptainWacky

Donkey Kong Country 3 - Absolutely not on the level of the first two. I remembered that being the case but thought I'd give it a try. Gave up at the first tedious boss battle when I kept dying. I'm sure there's good levels in there but I can't be bothered going through the bad parts.

A Short Hike - Lovely stuff. Beautiful matching of gameplay and aesthetics. It's short, yeah, but for within its sandbox there's a satisfyingly high number of things to do. Reommended TO EVERYONE.

Hades - I'm still pretty early on; on my last run I beat Meg for the first time and died on the hydra boss, but yes it's very very good. Highly addictive and every run feels genuinely different. A triumph!

CaptainWacky

Hades - I'm still pretty early on; on my last run I beat Meg for the first time and died on the hydra boss, but yes it's very very good. Highly addictive and every run feels genuinely different. A triumph!

I love this game, I do. But I've done 35 escape attempts now and I still haven't gotten by the Elysium bosses. They're just impossible (to me!) So should I give up and turn on God Mode? I really thought I'd get to the final area wihout it as I could feel myself getting better with every run, but I've just hit a wall.

CaptainWacky

^I beat the champions on my 37th run! Then died to Hades. But still! No God Mode yet.

SAUSAGEMAN

I think the champions typically give people a lot of trouble? I've always found them weirdly easy, my big stumbling block were the rest of elysium and hades himself, but people cite them as a block a lot!

I think it took me like 50 runs or so to kill hades, and then i just murdered him over and over again..... it gets better

CaptainWacky

I just beat them again by hitting them with hangover then basically running around (leaving rifts behind me which helped weaken the bull) trying to avoid them until they snuffed it.

CaptainWacky

But now I need to do it nine more times to get the proper ending!?

SAUSAGEMAN

there's a whole bunch of post-game content, too. i did the "kill hades 10 times" thing, then did the "complete the olympian gods/persephone plot" thing, and then called the game over when i finished the "make thanatos your boyfriend" plot.

it's not just repetitive, too, being able to really use the escalation system means that you get to upgrade your weapons in really cool ways that makes run feel very different from each other!