Wheeze

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I like that it pisses you off that YOU KNOW I'm really ignoring you. Otherwise it would be HOURS in the response. What's it you think is hip to say? Oh yeah. Pwnt. Spelling never was your forte'

I love this op. It really works :bigass:

jack

In before transference.

jack

whatever it was you said................perfect.

Don't you find it unusual how out of character I am? When was the last time you remember me posting when your pretty blonde wife has gone to sleep? :bigass:

This is fun.

jack

:bigass:

jack

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I'm missing whatever convo you two are having. Makes me smile.

Tell me about your most awesome day. I've told you to ignore him. You know why. Give it a whirl. Feeding the troll just feeds the troll.

Are ye there lassie?

Hey - glad you're still up!

Went house hunting with the real estate agent today. Looked at 7 houses. Four were definite no-nos. One would be a contender but someone already put an AOC on it. The one with wood floors throughout, a fireplace, all new kitchen, everything recently updated, 2 car garage with remote control doors, laundry room, and the pool - I love. My second choice is a few blocks away from my first choice - similar to my first choice but doesn't have a pool. Both are a lot of house and my house payment would double from what it is now, but I'm otherwise debt free so could afford the jump. My standard of living would double too. Done with living in my old house in the mini-forest

Took my real estate agent to lunch at my favorite Italian restaurant. It is one of the classy ones that has wonderful and inexpensive lunches.

After finished house hunting, had some phone conversations with my long distance boyfriend and my best friend about life in general and the houses.

Then, went for frozen yogurt and visited with one of the people that works there. She graduated from college this year and is about to move back home to East Texas. She just found out she was accepted into the master's program so we had to plan how to celebrate that some. So happy she has a bright future ahead. She is a very nice person and cute as a button too.

After that saw "Pixels" in 3D. Funny movie and very enjoyable.

Came home and did some paperwork the title company sent me about the sale of my current house.

The service agreement on my new/used car came in the mail today. Going to take it in tomorrow to have it looked at. The thing seems to chug, hung up in first gear when I first give it gas and start rolling. Once it goes into automatic 2nd gear it is fine. The new license plates and window sticker came in today too.

Got some good news about work. Makes me feel confident in my career and willing to go into big debt for that new house with the pool.

The real estate agent is running comps on the house and then we'll make an offer. I'm excited. Hope I win the bid. In my mind I've already planted a hosta garden in the south corner of the backyard in the shade of the only tree back there. I've picked outdoor furniture for the covered deck. Been thinking on window treatments for the arched windows in the front of the house. Mentally furnishing the place with all new furniture. Thinking about closing and move in on the house would be just in time for an end of summer pool party for my friends. I love this kind of stuff.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
The house is also near one of my favorite parks for bike riding and hiking. It has a trailhead for a 30 mile track riverside too.

How was your day?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Don't be mad that all you'd have to say about your day is you kept close watch on a message board for posts from two people you don't know personally but wish to make mean posts to. Maybe you'd be happier if you changed your choices.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Gear, I'm going to stop communicating with you. You are devolving at a rapid rate.

I wish you peace and joy

Goodbye.

jack

The house is also near one of my favorite parks for bike riding and hiking. It has a trailhead for a 30 mile track riverside too.

How was your day?

Very interesting. Sorry I went to sleep after that post, but got caught up this morning. Sounded like a great day. We had a gym and breakfast date yesterday morning. My new workout is a lot of fun....got my weight down to 158 over the last three weeks with it, and am getting stronger. It's an interval workout that's very effective and takes about an hour and a half to complete. Interval training with cardio and weights. Then we swam in the pool for a quarter mile and went to the local breakfast spot for a nice meal. She had the breakfast burrito and me the quesadilla :D Instantly undid the workout lol.

We took the dogs out after that to the Weissner woods, which is part of the Stowe Land Trust. We have over 2000 protected acres in the town area that will never be developed. Back in the day this very wealthy man got into the habit of buying up huge tracts of undeveloped land and tithing it to the town in exchange for the promise not to develop it for the next 200 years, as a result we have some of the nicest hiking and biking trails in the woods you can imagine. The Weissner property is about 2 square miles of beautiful hiking in the deep woods up on Edson Hill. The dogs love it and it's quiet, green and very beautiful.

Then I took a nap and went to work. Evening shift that ended at 11, which was why I was up so late LOL.

The Bitter LaCrosse festival is taking place this weekend, so the town is full, 6000 kids and their families come to this national jamboree, and we're just a town of 4,000 so it's pretty jammed here this morning.

I hit a curb with the car last night so they're coming to fix it this morning, then I have to get a new tire for the car. Popped it like a balloon lol. Glad I have the day off so I can take care of it.

R&R day.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
You do live in a tiny town. We'll have 50,000 and up crammed into one little city block for the July 4th festivities here. God only knows what the remaining 330,000 are doing.

Sounds like a beautiful park. What kind of wildlife do you have there?

You'd like our little Texas town of Palestine. The beautiful Davey Dogwood Forest is their biggest draw. It is wonderful for hiking as well as a nice drive through when the dogwoods are in bloom. They hold an azalea festival and a mountain dulcimer festival every year. A developer bought about 250 Victorian houses there a few years back and restored them. So many of them were close to needing demolition. Was glad someone had the time, money, and interest in saving them.

There is a Tiger Rescue close by near Tyler. Last time I was out there they had rescued one of Michael Jackson's big cats. They were also building new enclosures with big rock and water features. Need to get back out there and see what it looks like now.

You'd love East Texas period. Lots of pretty little towns, events like Bluebird Festivals, haunted towns like Jefferson, swamps, lakes, a huge forest I bet Sasquatch could hide in undetected forever.

jack

We have all wildlife up here. Moose, deer, beaver, hedgehogs, wolves rabbit, foxes, quail, bald eagles, raptors of all kinds rabbits, mice all birds, etc. You name it we have it.

Yes it's a tiny town, but it's so beautiful here, just love it. Palestine sounds like a destination for us. Who would have thunk deep in the heart of Texas? Thanks for sharing.

Didn't do much today. Napped, shopped, had some subway and now am cooking dinner. Just popped those chips in the oven and now am making fried coconut scallops when they're almost done. Wife's been working all afternoon, so I cleaned the house and now am cooking up a storm. The scallops are interesting...1 cup of apricot preserves, a pinch of cayenne pepper, 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut, 2 teaspoons of finely grated lime peel, 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 2 large eggs, 8 large sea scallops, side tendons removed and peanut oil.

You make the sauce first: Take a small mixing bowl and place in your apricot preserves, cayenne and Dijon mustard into it and whisk them together. To get a nice smooth sauce take an immersion hand blender and puree your ingredients together. You can also do this in a food processor but it works so much faster and with less mess if you use a hand blender.

Then you take a shallow bowl and add in your panko breadcrumbs, coconut, grated lime peel, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder and then whisk your ingredients together. Now take a second shallow bowl and add in your eggs and whisk them together. You take your scallops and dip them into the eggs and then dredge them into the bowl with your dry ingredients. Do your scallops one by one until they have all been coated.

Now you fry the scallops. To do this pour peanut oil into large skillet so that it reaches a depth of 1/4 of an inch. Now place the skillet over a medium high heat. When the oil is hot add the scallops and fry them until golden brown. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes per side. You will have to do this in batches and will want to make sure that you do not overcrowd the skillet while frying. Make certain you do not over cook the scallops. Now simply place your coconut scallops on a platter and serve them with your sauce on the side along with the chips.

YUM. She'll be so happy after working hard all day :D