Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
"My cat's breath smells like catfood."

USUC

Trollzilla
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that isn't ready for such shit.

I hope you have a good time tho.
Yeah, not feeling it but going to try to make the best of things.
We have a big event one night and the dress code is listed as “California Chic”. WTF is that? Is there a North Dakota chic? Oklahoma chic?
Besides…California is a rather large, diverse fucking state. Compton? Bakersfield, Chico, San Francisco…
How do black, gay, stoned, illegal immigrants dress exactly?
Pompous nonsense.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
"We have a big event one night and the dress code is listed as “California Chic”."

From what I gather this is what dressy is (in your style of course)

main-qimg-d4e2d37f7a1c390feb08f1abad9e5640-pjlq

USUC

Trollzilla
"We have a big event one night and the dress code is listed as “California Chic”."

From what I gather this is what dressy is (in your style of course)

main-qimg-d4e2d37f7a1c390feb08f1abad9e5640-pjlq
Oh my!!! I think I did well then, lol.
I ended up with a similar dress although it’s a floral pattern.
I’m a product of frugal parents so I actually started my search on Amazon until I got to a point where I realized I needed to up my game….if for no other reason than my husband’s getting honored and we can afford it and I’ll probably kick from a freaking heart attack soon so WHY NOT? So I went to a sheeshy boutique store and dropped too much money IMO on a dress I’ll likely only wear once.
But yeah, it’s kinda like that. :\

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yeah, not feeling it but going to try to make the best of things.
We have a big event one night and the dress code is listed as “California Chic”. WTF is that? Is there a North Dakota chic? Oklahoma chic?
Besides…California is a rather large, diverse fucking state. Compton? Bakersfield, Chico, San Francisco…
How do black, gay, stoned, illegal immigrants dress exactly?
Pompous nonsense.
Ye gods. Trying to remember my etiquette. White tie is virtually extinct. Think Bela Lugosi Dracula though. Black tie is a tux. ...and now we gotta go down a rabbit hole. In Olden Dayes, "Formal" meant white tie. "Semiformal" meant black tie. OK. That wasn't such a deep rabbit hole. We're back on track. "Casual" meant a suit. "California casual" meant less than a suit but not a polo and Dockers--at least a polo and Dockers with a smart blazer.

Of course none of this addresses "California Chic," or what a woman would wear. But basically I'm guessing it's what would look appropriate next to a man in a smart blazer, collared shirt, slacks, and some kind of leather loafers that may or may not have socks.

Mirah

I love you
I just watched a bird swallow a moth.
But first it had to bang it up a bit to get it to stop flapping its wings. I didn't think there would be much left after that.