Why are we going after Iran, again?

SSgt_Sniper said:
You know how the gym showers at your school looked? Thats how he decribed it, except all concrete. And truthfully, that's about all he would say about them, he'd just stop and stare off a bit, And then change the subject.

Um... Sniper, you know that room was deliberately shown to American GIs, who were then told it was a gas chamber by senior officers? That would be like me marching you into a basement after you'd been shot at, shelled at, bombed at and sniped at, sleep deprived and stressed way the hell out for months on end, and telling you little children had been eaten alive there by the people who had been shooting, shelling, bombing and sniping at you. Your response wouldn't exactly amount to, "Prove it."

The Question, I remember you from a thread not too long ago.

Are you advocating that the Holocaust never occurred, sir?

Ketman said:
The Question, I remember you from a thread not too long ago.

Are you advocating that the Holocaust never occurred, sir?

I'm not "advocating" it, no. But I can see how it's possible that real events were exaggerated, misframed and propagandized all to shit in order to look like something they weren't.

^^Well, what is it they've got now? Their very own country, carved in blood out of their neighbors and sustained by neverending semi-suicidal support from the most powerful government on the planet.

Ketman said:
What would be the reasoning behind this? What would there be to gain?
Billions of $'s? Complete immunity from every imaginable crime? Justification for the destruction of Germany?

One minor note -- Zyklon B (the gas supposedly used to kill folks in the gas chambers) wouldn't work with shower heads. It's cyanide-saturated dirt.

Astral said:
Lol... Also this is a forgone conclusion. God placed the US here to defend Israel. It is all over prophecy, for those who have a brain and the wisdom to understand it. You nor I can or will ever change that! If you think you can beat God at this game, get to cracking, because your in for a long hard loss!

:gagh: Complete utter bullshit. It's a scientific fact that there is no God.

Messenger,

That may be, we were watching it in English, not History. I've always thought of it as a play and a 'based on what things were kinda like' than an actual true story.

Well, I appreciate that you (unlike some) take my critical stance on it with objectivity. A lot of people would be like, "ARR YOO CALLIN' MUH GRAMPAW A LIARRRRR?!" Of course I'm not. Doesn't mean I'm not calling his C.O. one, though. :P

Very interesting take on the whole thing, The Question.

I don't think the Jewish people would manufacture the genocide of six million of their own people, even to gain a country.

Anything can be spun to to the speaker's intent. This seems to be what you have accomplished, albeit expertly.

The Question's intent is to A) Troll (that much is obvious) and 2) Use a very carefully crafted well thought out argument to produce a slightly anti-semitic sentiment.

Only he can answer why he wishes to be perceived as anti-semitic.

And what if one were to deny the Ukrainian holocaust? It would be inherently of an anti-Ukrainian sentiment, and not a search for truth?

Ketman said:
Very interesting take on the whole thing, The Question.

I don't think the Jewish people would manufacture the genocide of six million of their own people, even to gain a country.

No, the Jewish people didn't manufacture it. The Soviets did, in order to hide their own democide. The Jewish people only benefit from it, which is why Jewish political entities seized on the Soviets' propaganda and applied it to their own ends. The Jewish layperson has nothing to do with that, and should never ever be blamed for it.

Messenger said:
And what if one were to deny the Ukrainian holocaust? It would be inherently of an anti-Ukrainian sentiment, and not a search for truth?

No, because the Ukrainians aren't "God's chosen people". What this means pragmatically is that their cause will never carry the same weight of religious fervor and fundamentalist ignorance that the Holocaust does.

The Question said:
Well, I appreciate that you (unlike some) take my critical stance on it with objectivity. A lot of people would be like, "ARR YOO CALLIN' MUH GRAMPAW A LIARRRRR?!" Of course I'm not. Doesn't mean I'm not calling his C.O. one, though. :P

I look at it like this: I have my belief, you have yours, we can discuss it, but once it comes down to one of us forcing his opinion on the other, there's a line that's been crossed.:slap:

We are entitled to have our own opinions, no matter how strange they may seem to others. So I believe you are mistaken, but I also believe you are entitled to believe that whether you are mistaken or not.

And my Grandfather was one of the CO's. A platoon CO anyway. (First Louie as they call it) :shock:

Back