Why do I feel the need to tell my mother stuff I know I shouldn't?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
No filter because I'm utterly exhausted and let something slip about my love life and of course, had to get lectured.

DAMN MY MOUTH

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
S#@T MY DAUGHTER SAYS?

Tisiphone

SHIT MY DAUGHTER SHOULDN'T SAY AND DO

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Get one of Dr Dave's forgetting pillzlol and spike your mom's drink with it.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
No filter because I'm utterly exhausted and let something slip about my love life and of course, had to get lectured.

DAMN MY MOUTH

I do that too occaisonally too, except its usually about a sinful TV show I watch that my mom doesn't approve of.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't even tell my mum my friends names, nevermind anything whatsoever love-life related. It's not as though she could give me any useful advice, considering what her marriage is like.

Tisiphone

I have a very close relationship with my parents, and we've always been that way. But when a daughter is doing something (or someone in this case) that she has a problem with, that's where I'm not filtering enough.

Hell, my mom's on of my FB friends, so she knows when I'm out partying and getting my freak on, and she never says anything at all, LoL.

Yub

Anachrophobic
DR DAVE TO LURE TISI INTO SORDID MOTHER DAUGHTER THREE WAY IN THIS VERY THREAD?

Probably not.

Tisiphone

Um....EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

That's gross.

Tisiphone

How about we don't? ;)

Tisiphone

You do what you gotta do then.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
giving them details is never a good idea. When the other day I told my dad I'd rather attend a blues concert alone since "when flirting with a handsome musician, the last thing I need is my dad hovering around inm the background" I swear I could hear him blush over the phone.
No matter how old you are, parents will always regard you a kid. And the idea of you having sex is beyond their horizon. (Not to mention certain techniques or positions that weren't common a generation ago). One has to live with that fact. Besides, it works just as well the other way round: who would dare to imagine the actual details of their own conception? Disturbing image, isn't it?