Why I will NEVER defect from the Mine Field to FACEBOOK

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
SPORTY NESS IS A BLAH BLAH BALH

CaptainWacky

FUCK FACEBOOK UP ITS HOMOGENISED, FORUM-KILLING, CREATIVITY-SUCKING, PRIVACY-INVADING FUCKHOLE.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
So I was googling earlier and randomly found this picture of Menty and Facebook having a moment.

4239.imgcache.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
4240.imgcache.gif

whisky

Boobie inspector
Facebook, like all the music channels on Sky is just full of Whitney Houston today.

CaptainWacky

Do Vulcans really turn green when they're aroused?

This bump wasn't actually about Menty (for once!) I was just looking back through some old threads where more people posted here and we'd all go back and forth and say things and reply to each other and stuff and really it's not THAT much different now but I still decided to blame Facebook for any perceived drop in quality (I believe Facebook is killing message boards.) Of course it's probaby my fault for repelling all our most beloved members.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Facebook is having a bad effect (AFFECT? WTF I GET THEM MIXED UP OK?) on the entire internet. You see commenters on blogs saying stupid shit like "you're not using your real name so blah blah blah what you have to say isn't real" or "only trolls use fake names" and OTHER DUMB SHIT. Facebook and Google are to blame for that kind of asshole propaganda.

CaptainWacky

They wouldn't even let Sporty Ness have a Facebook account because they said it wasn't her real name.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I was thinking to myself the other day that Facebook does seem to serve a similar purpose to message boards, and that TBBS and the like probably wouldn't have taken off if social networks had existed ten years ago. However, I think message boards have a certain, distinct "atmosphere" that can't be replicated on those clinical blue and white sites; Facebook and Twitter. And message boards can be dedicated to narrow subjects. Facebook has groups, but they're a bit clunky to get involved in.

CaptainWacky

I've never seen an actual really good discussion on Facebook lasting more than, say, ten comments. WE SOMETIMES GET UP TO ELEVEN HERE.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Well the Like/Subscribe pages have their own built-in discussion boards but nobody knows about them.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
ALSO, you can't talk about duck peni on Facebook if you don't want your entire family to KNOW.

CaptainWacky

So basically I don't like Facebook much but don't have a problem with other people using it but would rather it didn't KILL MESSAGE BOARDS.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I've kinda cut back on my mad FB posting here lately. Maybe I'm over it.

CaptainWacky

Maybe you should do some MAD MINE FIELD POSTING to be sure!

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I'd just like to add that you can't like a brand of antihistamines here on TK. The Russian spam bots are pretty funny though.

+1 TK