Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why won't garamet post here?

Peter Octavian said:

10. TK has no forum which is beholden to her in some way.

9. Her skin's not thick enough to take the heat in "Speak Freely"

8. Has secret crush on Hambil, and knows Morrighan would kick her sorry ass.

7. Has a hot daughter and knows she wouldn't be safe from CoyoteUgly.

6. Intimidated by Cait. (There's nothing worse for a babbling liberal idealogue with a loose grip on reality than a true liberal thinker)

5. Fearful that Number_6 will go Jack Bauer on her ass if she wanders in here, and no one here will scold him for it.

4. No simpering administrator ready to pucker-up every time she presents her ass to be kissed cough.........borgs.....cough cough.....

3. Unlike TBBS, T'Bonz can call her a fucking twat here, if she wants to.

2. Tk'ers know she's written books, but haven't ever been so desperate for entertainment that they've sunk to actually reading one.

....and the number one reason why garamet will not post at Troll Kingdom:

Drum roll......

wait for it........

1. She already posts here under the nick Jillian Bacardi (like you had any doubt?)

groovy.jpg
Peter! where have you been hiding?

Friday said:
I am, in fact, 42.

And it has nothing to do with anything, except a predilection towards hyperbole for some...

Good Christ, you're barely perimenopausal.

Let alone "old". Fucking ageists.

Phantom said:
Well, the Lord of the Rings is not only the most widely read novel of the 20th century...

Hmm...seems quite a few novels make that claim...

Quo Vadis is another Christ-centered film, but from another era. Cinematically it is a third-rate B- movie. However it is based on the novel, Quo Vadis, written by the Nobel Laureate in Literature, Henryk Sienkiewicz. The author James Michener says of the book: "Sienkiewicz wrote Quo Vadis for the entire world and the world took it to its heart." It is the most read novel of the Twentieth Century, having been translated into 40 languages.
Link

The community of Sel is the setting for the main work of Nobel prize winner Sigrid Undset, the nove

The trilogy, now translated to more than 70 languages, is the most read novel from the 20th century.
Link

And that's just with 5 minutes of searching.

I'm not questioning your veracity, Phantom. I'd really like to know how the claim of "most read novel of the twentieth century" is determined. Can you help here?

Crosis said:
Oh, he's talking to me, Phantom.
Gagh is upset because I keep mentioning what an old woman PBM is.
Even though it's the truth.

I couldn't give a stuff about PBM. However, I'm not keen on fuckwits like you badmouthing the board whilst you're posting on it. If you don't like it - fuck off.

If you don't want to fuck off - face the flames like a man, not like a pussy.

WordInterrupted said:
You have it backwards, my dear. Catching your Beloved Leader in a blatant flip-flop is what we call "kicking ass."

I can understand why you don't like me. The Wordforge clique isn't accustomed to being challenged. Most of the time, when dealing with someone who isn't a member of your little club, you swarm over them like a colony of fire ants. No matter how intelligent or articulate their arguments, they are overwhelmed by a hoard of angry little insects. Unfortunately for you, those days are over. The exterminator has arrived.

You know - many of us don't like Wordin'. I'm pretty sure we can't stand each other, but when it comes to choosing between him and any of the WFers in this thread, I'm certain I'd rather ask Wordin' out to a tea party than hang about online with any of you sad fuckers.

Wordforge is a steaming heap of shite, with barely any redeeming features. It's members are shambling husks of human beings who deserve rejection in everything they do.

Friday said:

Link

Link

I'm not questioning your veracity, Phantom. I'd really like to know how the claim of "most read novel of the twentieth century" is determined. Can you help here?
And the fact that Orlando Bloom played one of the Elves has absolutely nothing to do with it?

Peter Octavian said:

3. Unlike TBBS, T'Bonz can call her a fucking twat here, if she wants to.

I've never felt the need to call her a fucking twat or another name (although once in a while I've muttered under my breath when she has attacked someone), but if I did, I'd go over to the Gray room and do it directly. Flaming there is not warnable in the Gray room.

Welcome back, btw.

Well, the Lord of the Rings is not only the most widely read novel of the 20th century, but also is among the highest-grossing films in history.

And he seemed to get the Jedi reference, so if he obviously goes for the Lucas pap and doesn't get the LOTR references, that should tell you something about his alleged well-readedness...in short, yours truly is more well-read than he is.

I did get the LOTR reference. That's why I thought it was so funny. Whenever hardcore geeks get caught up in a message board war, they always start pulling out the sci fi/fantasy analogies. People on TBBS way back when used Babylon 5 analogies, the EIers use Andromeda analogies, and you use LOTR analogies. Geeks like you can't help but see their entire lives through the lens of a fantasy world.

Laughs from my inbox

garamet.jpg

Maggie, maggie, maggie......I'm so disappointed.

With you being an apparent authority on passive/aggressive, I'd have assumed you'd have recognized this, not as a p/a attempt to drag you in here but, for what it was supposed to be: A few laughs at your expense among friends. I may not have achieved too many laughs, but it certainly wasn't a backhanded invitation or bait.

If I really wanted to read posts from someone whose talent lies in taking the erroneous, the irrelevant and the insignificant and spinning it to attempt to pass it off as lofty and important, I'd click into a thread authored by Wordin.

Quite frankly, he puts you to shame in that regard.

wink-.gif

PO

:po:

Friday said:

Link

Link

Phantom never answered this, even tho he's posted here since.

Interesting. I guess he's not comfortable with someone calling out bullshit, and having to back up his assertion without an army of mods behind him.

Huh....

UPDATE: garamet and I exchanged emails. The last email I sent her, over a week ago, has yet to be answered.

So much for wanting a sincere dialogue.

It seems an audience of one isn't big enough.

UPDATE: garamet and I exchanged emails. The last email I sent her, over a week ago, has yet to be answered.

So much for wanting a sincere dialogue.

It seems an audience of one isn't big enough.

You should engage her on WF. I'd be your wingman.

Wordin, you know I am very fond of you.

But it still wouldn't be evenly matched. Especially since I've been inciting the natives.

But it still wouldn't be evenly matched.

Not in terms of numbers, but clever posters can turn numerical inferiority to their advantage. Of course, if you're worried about being shouted down, we could get together a TK posse.