Women, in general, are insane

Consumer

Elder Statesman
At least Tisi has a chemically valid excuse. I'm not sure what the issue is with the rest of them.

I think we men drive them insane. We kiss their asses and chase them when they are young/cute until they buy the bullshit that every woman is going to be wanted for sex forever. Eventually, when things like technique, skills, intelligence, the ability to be around without trashing a man's dwelling come into play because you can't crack wallnuts on their ass anymore, THEN they really go batshit crazy. Note: they WERE batshit crazy, but we were too busy fucking them to notice and we put up with it, encouraged it in fact.

I am older (debatable if I am wiser) now. I wouldn't mind some batshit crazy hot chick in my bed...for a night. However, I'd like someone I could actually talk to, go on trips with, explore the more deep and subtle layers of D/s with, etc. In short, another wife. Really. Yeah, surprise to me too. I'm in no rush, however.

As is usual, I took myself OFF of the market in the last few weeks. Now I've got potential dates coming out of the wood-work all of the sudden. Telling them "no, I'm not dating right now" only seems to dip me in pheromones and make them think that my dick might just taste like cake. This isn't a power game.
It might die down in the next week, the big "kink" event out here in SF is over with, maybe they wanted a date to go with? Hell, I don't know. I had my son and the dog this weekend, and besides I've done the FSF a dozen or more times, I don't need to go again. It's become a mosh pit after 11 in the morning anyway.

So, since I'm not looking to get laid just now, I'm left with the energy to observe, hence the title of this thread. For the record: If I were gay, I'm sure I'd be saying that "twink" type gay men were batshit crazy too. It seems like "Top" energy in any form drives the "bottoms" nuts.

Maybe long-distance makes sense. Make 'em talk to you, write to you, take care of the "friction needs" yourself (it's cheaper). You can always turn off the cell phone if they go nuts on you.

Meh.

I hate being un-partnered. This too is one of the gripes with my "ex". I thought I was done with this bullshit. At least I can watch her do worse than I am (the best revenge is living well). After all, Men are batshit crazy...or so I am told.
-SB

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
It's simple really - You're a bottom in need of a top and you're fighting it because you don't want to let go of who you're comfortable thinking you are.

Maybe simple is the wrong word.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
(chuckle)

'Gear, you've got to do better than that.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
No SB, I don't. Assuming you're implying I'm baiting you.

The problem is you're so accustomed to people modifying what they say, sometimes to the point of contradicting themselves, that you're unable or unwilling to recognize it when someone is being frank.

I'd have thought you might have come to rely on me to be straight forward with you. Or at the very least expect it.

I have little to gain from calling you a pussy or being derisive for sport. Not at this age.

If you don't want people to examine and interpret what you post, you shouldn't post it.

But hey, knock yourself out. I stand by my assessment.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
a friend once told me.... All women are nuts... you might as well find a hot one.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I have little to gain from calling you a pussy or being derisive for sport. Not at this age..

Only if you are bored.

You crave attention as much as I, only you come at it sideways. It's ok. I see you. I will validate that you are a decent writer, an interesting Troll, and an asset to this board. However, you are a pretty poor psychologist, even if you are trying to be an honest one.

This thread was really an observation on how desire for youth drives people insane, and as a consequence of that we have to deal with that in our middle age (when the desire is still there, but the aesthetic has changed somewhat for most of us). It's not so much about me, it's about my observations of others. Don't worry, I'm fine. Possibly insane, but fine.

I figured it'd be more interesting than discussing TV shows, posting photos of pretty women, or commenting on the same 10 or so people who post elsewhere most of the time.

Damn I miss "Skin". He could post nonsense but at least he and MM kept it interesting.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
ok, ramblings...

first of all, all women are as crazy as all men, of course. But that's a non-sequitur (hey, I am entitled to write those once in a while)

If that:
I think we men drive them insane. We kiss their asses and chase them when they are young/cute until they buy the bullshit that every woman is going to be wanted for sex forever. Eventually, when things like technique, skills, intelligence, the ability to be around without trashing a man's dwelling come into play because you can't crack wallnuts on their ass anymore, THEN they really go batshit crazy. Note: they WERE batshit crazy, but we were too busy fucking them to notice and we put up with it, encouraged it in fact.
is the mindset you've dealt/deal with the women around you, then it's no wonder you haven't met that many women who you want to have more than sex with.

Very few women I know let themselves be "driven insane". The notion that you can do that to us already contains the mindset that there is some imbalance of power where all women are subject to a more powerful male and his treatment. If you really believe that this is how it works, then I guarantee you will always be stuck w/ the "batshit crazy ones". They are the ones who have given away their freedom and power in order to get their lazy asses wiped by some man who can't deal with independant women. There are a lot of them, but there are a lot of others, as well.

Yeah, there are some behavioral mechanisms that seem to be pretty much ingrained into our collective psyches. The withdrawal/chase pattern is one of them. The thing is - you are playing that game by postulating that you "don't date atm". That is the exact thing that will make all batshit crazy women assess you as some kind of challenge... AND YOU KNOW THAT, you are way too observant not to. So, despite really being "off the market", you play hard-to-get while at the same time searching for a woman who meets your standards. That's powerplay, pure and simple.

Read this again:
I'd like someone I could actually talk to, go on trips with, explore the more deep and subtle layers of D/s with, etc
You are looking for a companion you don't have to play games with, but it seems like your method of choice for finding her - is playing games.

Just my 2 cents

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
OK, cross-posting - I apparently misconstrued your initial post to be about yourself as much as Gear did, so.. nvm?

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I didn't misconstrue anything. Here's some unsolicited (sort of) advice -

Don't spend one more day conflicted.

It will give you cancer.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
I am older (debatable if I am wiser) now. I wouldn't mind some batshit crazy hot chick in my bed...for a night. However, I'd like someone I could actually talk to, go on trips with, explore the more deep and subtle layers of D/s with, etc. In short, another wife. Really. Yeah, surprise to me too. I'm in no rush, however.

Frankly, it sounds like you're in the midst of a mid-life crisis. You have not yet come to grips with your mortality and it scares the hell out of you.

You want some ". . .hot chick in my bed...for a night." (hot chick being code for young, nubile female). And then you go on to say you want more from a woman than just the tight body and wild sexual escapade: ". . .I'd like someone I could actually talk to, go on trips with, explore the more deep and subtle layers of D/s with, etc." (meaning adult woman).

I'd say that you are conflicted about what you wanted in youth and what the older man yearns for: a more satisfying deeper emotional connection with shared life experiences and understanding.

Midlife crisis is a very common stage as you age. It happens to some people younger than 40 and sometimes it will hit sometimes in mid to late 50s. Very rarely does it not affect the aging male or female in some manner. Questioning your former belief systems and lifestyle choices, career paths, feelings of disconnection with everyone around you, feelings of being alone and not able to connect and yearning for things you cannot express: ennui.

Anyway, that's my take for what it's worth.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Somehow despite what a fucking whackjob I truly am, I've managed to stay faithfully, monogamously attached to one woman in real life.

We're best friends, lovers, companions, competitors, muses, conspirators, great gossips, great cooks, adventurers. She's the first person I talk to when I want to share something. If I'm away from her for more than a couple hours, I miss her terribly. We sleep together every night. I couldn't live without her.

Everything I ever wanted from a woman, I get from her. This is not to say I'm a slave to being a complete pussy hound. Women charge my stuff, the look of the girl distracts me from out of nowhere. Women are the most beautiful, delightful beings on earth. If I had my way, I would just always be in a room filled with women.

I don't know about the mechanics of dating, because I haven't dated in almost 35 years, and that was a different courtship ritual. I've spent a long time getting exactly what I want from this relationship, and giving exactly what she wants in return.

Your pain and grief is still evident SB (imo), that's natural. In previous descriptions I got that the ex was a Keeper. Sometimes you don't get to stay with your true love, for whatever reasons. I don't know how that works, because I would never give my wife up for anything.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
Women are insane?

2 words. No u!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Wait, there's results from sex? Just kidding.

Look, I'm not gonna say there aren't some batshit insane psycho bitch women out there, and like Consumer said, I've got a valid excuse. But, aren't guys just as crazy thinking that their little mindgames will work on us? Telling us we're beautiful and sexy and smart. We know why you're telling us this...so we'll drop our panties and let you fuck us. The reason we let you fuck us is because we like you, because for some reason even though we know the game you're playing, you're just too darn cute to turn down.

And you've got a great tongue. :)

Or is that just me and my relationships?