WWE Raw results, recap, grades: Kevin Owens and Drew McIntyre clash on the mic and in the ring
WWE has seen some big changes in recent weeks, with previously-released talent returning, a renewed focus on secondary titles and a shift in focus of weekly television, all in the wake of Vince McMahon's departure from the company. That forward momentum continued on Monday night's edition of Raw, with a host of intriguing matches and segments as the company continues to build to the Clash at the Castle premium live event on Sept. 3. The highlight of the show was a confrontation and match between Kevin Owens and Drew McIntyre. While McIntyre will challenge Roman Reigns for the undisputed WWE universal championship at Clash at the Castle, Owens wanted to make it perfectly clear that he considers himself the next man up for the winner, leading to a memorable segment and match between the two men.
Click Here For Full Story
Monday Night Raw Results
- The Judgement Day beat down Rey Mysterio after Mysterio attacked the group during their show opening promo. Mysterio dominated Finn Balor and Damian Priest but Rhea Ripley involved herself multiple times, knowing Mysterio could not hit her. This eventually allowed Judgement Day to take over, with Balor hitting a Coup de Gras onto a chair that had been laid on Mysterio's torso.
- Damian Priest challenged Edge to a match next week in Toronto. Priest said it would be one-on-one with no other Judgement Day members present. A video aired later in the show with Edge agreeing to face Priest.
- Alexa Bliss & Asuka def. Doudrop & Nikki A.S.H. via submission to advance in the women's tag team title tournament when Asuka forced Doudrop to tap out.
- The Miz & Ciampa def. Mustafa Ali & Cedric Alexander via pinfall when Ciampa hit Ali with the Fairy Tail ending.
- Riddle attacked Seth Rollins and challenged him to a match at Clash at the Castle. Rollins was in the ring, waiting for Riddle's health update. Rollins believed Riddle was at home, but instead, Riddle announced he was medically cleared and ran to the ring to attack, leading to a lengthy brawl.
- Veer Mahan def. Bo Keller via submission with the cervical clutch.
- United States Championship – Bobby Lashley (c) def. AJ Styles via pinfall after a spear. The Miz and Ciampa came to ringside during the match, with Lashley eventually spearing Miz. Dexter Lumis also jumped the guardrail before the match but was taken down by security.
- Theory def. Dolph Ziggler via pinfall after hitting A-Town Down. Earlier in the night, Theory and Ziggler brawled backstage when Ziggler interrupted a Theory interview about his Money in the Bank contract.