YEAR LONG DIARY THREAD (2008)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
1/1/2008 - Posted this.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
12-31-2007 - Just wanted to post in ONE MORE TIME while it's still 2007! (FOR ME)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
1.1.08 - Just got a surprise Happy New Year's call from Devon, he's doing well and is still quite sexy. :D

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Woke up
Fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head.

Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
looking up, I noticed I was late
(pant pant pant)

Got my coat and grabbed my hat,
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
somebody spoke
and I went into a dream....

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Jan.1st,2008:

Quite a bit of snow - glad didnt go anywhere last night.
sipping 1st latté of the year. If I have a headache it's from watching too many damn vids in a row. Snowing out. Left my car out on the street to make room in the driveway for visitors. Nice to see it hasnt been towed away to make room for the snowplows.

whisky

Boobie inspector
1/1/08 later

Went to comet, to get an extension wire for the DVD player since I finally put up the shelf so that six months after moving in we can watch DVDs in the bedroom.

Saw a brand new quad core pc that I would love to have, but know I cant afford.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Jan 1 2008: Cooking black-eyed peas for luck in the new year, and some fresh collard and mustard greens JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD.

CaptainWacky

What are "collards"?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collard_greens

Collards, also called borekale (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group), are various loose-leafed cultivars of the cabbage plant. The plant is grown for its large, dark-colored, edible leaves and as a garden ornamental, mainly in Brazil, Portugal, the Southern United States, many parts of Africa, Montenegro, Spain and in Kashmir as well. They are classified in the same cultivar group as kale and spring greens, to which they are extremely similar genetically.

The plant is also called couve in Brazil, couve-galega in Portugal, (col) berza in Spanish-speaking countries and Raštan in Montenegro. The name collard is said to derive from Anglo-Saxon coleworts or colewyrts ("cabbage plants"). It is also said that collard is a pidginized version of colored.

I did not know all that about collard greens.

CaptainWacky

I do not think I'd like to eat those.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
If you don't like greens, then you wouldn't like them. They are similar to turnip greens, but maybe not as strongly flavored.

whisky

Boobie inspector
2/1/08 Woke up to go to work, after four or less hours sleep, feel very tired

Dr Dave

pillzlol
1/2/2008

Wen't to Target, then later a grocery store. Been hanging out online a good part of the evening.

CaptainWacky

2/1/2008 - Head hurts, everything fuck hurts.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
2/1/08: First day off in two weeks. Lots of snow, another storm. Dog looks like a dolphin in the deep snow. Must. Go. To. Gym. mmmmmhot toast with melted butter and peanut butter for breakfast. Coffee. Lots of coffee. I'm tired of doubles, it's the only fucking way you can pay the bills anymore. I want to be in cancun at least once before the apocalypse.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Jan 2/2008: got highlights touched up for the big surprise party tonight.
WILL THERE BE DRUNKEN CURIOUSa2z PIX POSTED TOMORROW?
I hope Donna keeps him away from the windows cos they live out in the country and fifty cars down the long driveway might be a tip-off. just sayin'.