Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another WRX "Kill"

Yep, love those ricer drivers. Come up next to you, rev that little engine through the fart can muffler, and then their eyes go wide when my "debadged" GTO smokes 'em. Probably thought it was a GTP or something...

Now an EVO 8 or 9 has a fighting chance with a few mods, but I've found that my "Mostly Stock" M6 LS2 GTO likes WRX's for lunch, usually by about 3 car lengths when I shut down (but they'll launch better than the Goat from the dig...from a roll the gap is even bigger). Of course, after I've left 'em for dead and decided I'd wasted enough gas, they do that good old "Ricer Flyby". Sorry kid, you aren't worth the additional gas, and we both know who won, don't we? Such fragile egos...

Why can't they just accept that my "low Tech" pushrod V-8 is going to push my "overweight" muscle-car down the road faster than a flat 4, no matter how big a turbo it has. We don't EVEN need to talk about how much HP is lost in the 4wd drive-train. 6.0 > 2.5

I've had more trouble from Stage 3 SRT4's than the Subaru's...and at least the Mustang GT drivers usually will give me a thumbs up or a wave as they watch my tail-lights disappear into the distance.

Just a little gear-head trash talk. We haven't had much of that here. ;)

I hope you aren't implying that just because they're imports (Subarus) that they are ricers.

Look at my avatar ;)

(chuckle) that's exactly why I singled out the WRX's.

Actually, I'll give props to any well modified, fast car who'se driver worked on it themselves and ISN'T a raging asshole. Of course, one's asshole quotent has nothing to do with the type of car they drive. In any large group, you'll have the spectrum from good to annoying.

But the Goat has yet to loose...and I've only put a CAI on it and took the stupid looking factory wing and "GTO" badges off. No tune, stock rubber, no exhaust mods, no cam...nada.

Carefull, SB.
With that kind of talk, you may make Lilith go aggressive on your ass.

Then she'd find out Who You Are.

Hmmm....
Definately need a vidoetape of that and must take notes.

Heh, I've dusted those WRX's off every time. The EVO's too. They're both ricers. But they're no match for a GTI that looks stock on the outside. ;) The most fun I had was dusting off V-6 Mustang drivers who think they are driving the V-8's. ;)

A good street tuner car would be a GTI, RSX, GTO, Mustang GT, and an RX-8. Anything else, don't waste your money on. Better be careful with Mitsubishi. They have been known to not honor the warranty on their EVO's. And you better not whine about your kidneys aching when the WRX beats the hell out of you even when you drive on city streets.

CJ, as an avid car enthusiast myself, while those cars are great tuner cars, that's not all there is by far. And yes, I also mean good tuner cars, not ones people think they can make good.

GTi-Yes, def agree
RSX- Good, but every true ricer in the derrogatory sense is getting one of these. Old news.
GTO- Nicely done, but Im a bit disappointed in them. Styling is eh, it's heavy as fuck, and no manual! WTF?
Stang GT- Nice, but many people have them. Im bored.
RX-8- You'd better know how to work on that rotary engine yourself, or have money to pour in it. Requires mucho maintenence..

DSM- thats not the only reason not to choose them-they're reliability is horrendous.

Im a Subaru/import gal, so Im a bit bias. I however dont appreciate the ignorance displayed in calling imports "ricers" in the derrogatory sense its mostly used today. Not all are all show and no bite. Ive seen a lot of domestic "ricers". However, if you call them ricers because they come from say Japan etc. in a non derrogatory way, then thats fine.

Lilith said:
GTi-Yes, def agree
RSX- Good, but every true ricer in the derrogatory sense is getting one of these. Old news.
GTO- Nicely done, but Im a bit disappointed in them. Styling is eh, it's heavy as fuck, and no manual! WTF?
Stang GT- Nice, but many people have them. Im bored.
RX-8- You'd better know how to work on that rotary engine yourself, or have money to pour in it. Requires mucho maintenence..

RSX may be popular, but it's for a good reason. They're easy to tune, and you can get tons of horsepower out of them. They're not old news yet. :P

GTO's styling is so blah, it's hurting it's sales. The Pontiac G6 is more interesting. You're right, no manual. :( GM has that problem.

Actually, many people have the V-6 and not the GT. Ford sells the V-6 almost 10-1 to the GT. Very little styling differences, so they're not so easy to tell apart. I can see your point.

RX-8's engine is better left untouched, or to the pro's. The only thing you can do to it is change the turbo, or add a blower. The rest is easier like suspesion kits, exhaust. Weird looking car, but still cool.

GTI I still like very much, but I don't like the brand new styling. I like mine, and it's faster. ;)

DSM- thats not the only reason not to choose them-they're reliability is horrendous.

I so agree! :)

Im a Subaru/import gal, so Im a bit bias. I however dont appreciate the ignorance displayed in calling imports "ricers" in the derrogatory sense its mostly used today. Not all are all show and no bite. Ive seen a lot of domestic "ricers". However, if you call them ricers because they come from say Japan etc. in a non derrogatory way, then thats fine.

I can totally respect that. I may not be a fan of Subaru like you are, but then, you're not an avid GTI fan like I am. :) And that's cool. The Subaru's are pretty cool. And I agree, people tend to use "ricers" as derogatory. I use the word for other, non-menacing reasons. "Dumb ricers" have the noisy and essentially useless "fart pipe" exhaust, as well as adding rediculously huge wings on the backs of their cars. Regular "ricers", to me, are properly souped up imports that are truly to be reckoned with. That's just me I guess. LOL! :D

Hope you get your dream car soon! And if ever we may meet on the road, I'd rather be racing with you, than against you. :)

My husband used to have a GTi, and he's rubbing off on me with his love. He had the previous gen of styling, and I agree, I like that styling better. We're leasing an 06 Jetta right now, and it's a great car.
What I like is how the GTi is so unsuspecting. It looks just like the Golf. People dont expect those little hatches to be fast. What would confuse people even more is to get a GTi and take off the badges :evilgrin:

I also agree fartcans are fucking annoying. However, the STi has an exhaust on the large side for a factory car, especially a 4-cylinder. I think it sounds sexy as hell, and that's difficult to do on those four bangers :P
I love automotive talk anywhere, can you tell? :P

Lilith said:
My husband used to have a GTi, and he's rubbing off on me with his love. He had the previous gen of styling, and I agree, I like that styling better. We're leasing an 06 Jetta right now, and it's a great car.
What I like is how the GTi is so unsuspecting. It looks just like the Golf. People dont expect those little hatches to be fast. What would confuse people even more is to get a GTi and take off the badges :evilgrin:

I also agree fartcans are fucking annoying. However, the STi has an exhaust on the large side for a factory car, especially a 4-cylinder. I think it sounds sexy as hell, and that's difficult to do on those four bangers :P
I love automotive talk anywhere, can you tell? :P

It's too bad you're married because I think I love you. :D You're really cool.

The 06 Jetta is an extremely safe car, and the hot one (not the 5-cylinder) that's turbocharged is a real rocket too. And the reason I bought the GTI is for the reason you just stated. It's unsuspecting. I didn't want "boy racer" styling (which was why I was going between the RSX and GTI). That's why I love dusting off Honda Civics, Celica's, Mustangs (V-6), and other "wannabe" racers. :D

We have a lot of fartcars where I live. Hate 'em.

Can you tell me more about the STi? I'm not that familiar with it. The exhaust on my VW sounds great too. Doesn't sound like a wimpy 4cyl, or a fake exhaust. And I love when the turbo kicks in with that whistle. That's when I wave "bye-bye" :y_grin: to the suckers. LOL.

We just have the 5 cyl- it was a cheap lease and the Lexus we had wasnt well taken care of previously from the other owner. I can tell you more about the STi later, in a hurry. But you can also check out www.subaru.com for now. ;)

Both of you are mis-informed, the GTO comes with either an A4 OR a manual 6 speed.

I happen to own a 6 speed...

You may want to take a looke here:
http://www.ls2gto.com

As for the RX8, I drove one and liked the car, the the lack of torque was VERY disapointing.

Maybe I was thinking of the first year they reintroduced it SB? I remember many people complaining about the no manual option. I'm not slighting your car at all SB- I would take a Goat anyday!

Note to CJ: Dropped off the Jetta at the dealership today for its 5,000 mile service and got to looking at the New Beetle. I was avoiding them like the plague at first with their prissy girl popularity, but now that it's died down and I saw one today, sat in it, etc, I love it. Also got the new GTI brochure too. It comes with a HILARIOUS DVD. Def recommend seeing that for a good laugh. Right now though the STi is a distant wish- Rob and I are looking to purchase some acreage up in the mountain valley and build on it. No pavement, very rocky, so Im looking into Subaru wagons. Once it gets paved, then STi, heh.

Hey SB, CJ, what do you think about the ~2003 Jeep Liberty for rough terrain driving? We saw one at the Subaru dealer for about 16K, very nice. Dont know much about Jeep though. Thoughts? Anyone else knowledgable feel free to comment.

Lilith said:
Note to CJ: Dropped off the Jetta at the dealership today for its 5,000 mile service and got to looking at the New Beetle. I was avoiding them like the plague at first with their prissy girl popularity, but now that it's died down and I saw one today, sat in it, etc, I love it. Also got the new GTI brochure too. It comes with a HILARIOUS DVD. Def recommend seeing that for a good laugh. Right now though the STi is a distant wish- Rob and I are looking to purchase some acreage up in the mountain valley and build on it. No pavement, very rocky, so Im looking into Subaru wagons. Once it gets paved, then STi, heh.

I must go to VW and get that brochure/DVD...

Hey SB, CJ, what do you think about the ~2003 Jeep Liberty for rough terrain driving? We saw one at the Subaru dealer for about 16K, very nice. Dont know much about Jeep though. Thoughts? Anyone else knowledgable feel free to comment.

Heh, don't know too much about them. I see 'em on the road, and haven't heard any complaints. Jeep (non-hemi) engines are kind of noisy and not exactly state of the art, but I haven't heard any reliability issues with them. If you are looking for a TRUE 4WD vehicle, then this is one of them. The CR-V's, RAV-4's. and such are just pretend. Look at the Ford Escape, and perhaps the Saturn Vue. Neither are hard core 4x4's, but both have AWD, and decent engines. Not going to drain your wallet for gas either.

Ever since Diamler (Mercedes) boght Chrysler Corp, the quality has improved.

To me any tuner car is rice, just like jap bikes. Some I like, most I despise. I'm a fan of old American muscle-mostly pre 1973
However...I will take most any vette and the new charger is mighty nice(more horsepower than the stang and cheaper)

missmanners said:
None of you can touch my Police Interceptor.

:D
mm
Been there done that. I've had both a ford and a chevy police car in my time, had to go for the cop car being a crimminal and all. Loved em both, mostly the chevy

Bladev1 said:
To me any tuner car is rice, just like jap bikes. Some I like, most I despise. I'm a fan of old American muscle-mostly pre 1973
However...I will take most any vette and the new charger is mighty nice(more horsepower than the stang and cheaper)

Well, not all them tuner cars are bad, ya know. :) I despise fools who try to make their corrolla's, and Civics into rockets. Blown them off so much it got boring. Oh, and those body stickers and giant spoilers didn't help them either. ;)

I like old American Muscle as well. :)

Pre 1974:

1973 Pontiac Trns Am (it had a huge and powerful V-8)
1971 Plymouth Barracuda 426 Hemi
1969 Chevy Camaro
1965-69 Ford Mustang

Present Day:

New Ford Mustang GT
Dodge Charger Hemi
Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet Cobalt SS -I drove a friends, and it is AWESOME!
Pontiac G6 -Haven't tried it yet, but it is sporty.

I will never trust, let alone buy, a dodge/ Chrysler. Bad, bad things I have found by research, and word of mouth. I am impressed with the Charger and the Crossfire. I cant wait to see the new Challenger when it comes out. (AND the new Chevy Camaro)

I was looking at the new resdesigned Subaru Foresters. Not bad, and it shares it's underpinnings with the Impreza :D