Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another WRX "Kill"

Sadistic Bastard said:
(chuckle)

Don't bother trying to troll the troll, kid. I was bracket racing and street racing before your mother's brother was busy "making" you.
Eh. Am I the only one who thinks bracket racing is crap? Either you can beat someone heads up, or you're not as fast..

Big Dick McGee said:
I can't tell you how many times I've been in my buddy's de-badged M5 and watched him blow the doors off some fool in an RX-8, STi, Mustang GT, even a 'Vette or two.

Looks like a regular 5-series, stings like a Viper.
I'm sure many of those were driver error.

Head's up racing is fine. However bracket racing teaches you how to shift, how to launch, and how to be consistant. It has it's place, your opinion not withstanding.

It's like practicing martial arts with a pre-set kata (sp?).

Lilith said:
I'm sure many of those were driver error.

Doubtful. About the only car that can hang with an M5 (with an experienced driver at the wheel) is a Mercedes AMG SL 500, a Corvette ZR1, or an exotic like a Ferrari, Lambo, etc. The M5 is SPOOKY fast.

Definition Stolen from elsewhere:

"What is a 'Ricer'"

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

So how was calling the WRX in the OP a "ricer" justifed by that definition? Stock exhaust is usually moderately loud ;)