Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another WRX "Kill"

Captain Jack said:
I must go to VW and get that brochure/DVD...

Heh, don't know too much about them. I see 'em on the road, and haven't heard any complaints. Jeep (non-hemi) engines are kind of noisy and not exactly state of the art, but I haven't heard any reliability issues with them. If you are looking for a TRUE 4WD vehicle, then this is one of them. The CR-V's, RAV-4's. and such are just pretend. Look at the Ford Escape, and perhaps the Saturn Vue. Neither are hard core 4x4's, but both have AWD, and decent engines. Not going to drain your wallet for gas either.

Ever since Diamler (Mercedes) boght Chrysler Corp, the quality has improved.
Heh, I wouldnt be caught dead even bothering with Rav-4s or CR-V. Yech. Escape, maybe, but not the Vue. Saturn is way too cheap and the Vue is hideous.

I WOULD like one of these for the backroads...(2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon)
5es-4.jpg

Captain Jack said:
Well, not all them tuner cars are bad, ya know. :) I despise fools who try to make their corrolla's, and Civics into rockets. Blown them off so much it got boring. Oh, and those body stickers and giant spoilers didn't help them either. ;)

I like old American Muscle as well. :)

Pre 1974:

1973 Pontiac Trns Am (it had a huge and powerful V-8)
1971 Plymouth Barracuda 426 Hemi
1969 Chevy Camaro
1965-69 Ford Mustang

Present Day:

New Ford Mustang GT
Dodge Charger Hemi
Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet Cobalt SS -I drove a friends, and it is AWESOME!
Pontiac G6 -Haven't tried it yet, but it is sporty.
Nice list.

Lilith said:
I will never trust, let alone buy, a dodge/ Chrysler. Bad, bad things I have found by research, and word of mouth. I am impressed with the Charger and the Crossfire. I cant wait to see the new Challenger when it comes out. (AND the new Chevy Camaro)

I was looking at the new resdesigned Subaru Foresters. Not bad, and it shares it's underpinnings with the Impreza :D
From what I've seen and heard the Challenger and Camaro are supposed to be kick ass

Bladev1 said:
From what I've seen and heard the Challenger and Camaro are supposed to be kick ass

Expect a long wait though. Rumors have been consistant that the Challenger isn't due out until 2009 at the earliest, and the Camaro perhaps a year sooner. Too bad the Barracuda isn't getting a new lease on life. Same goes for the Firebird. :(

Oh god, dont get me started. Id love a Hemi Cuda... I learned how to drive in a 99 Trans Am, hehe, but I prefer 70s TAs.

My mom had an 89 Camaro, she loved it so much that as soon as she found out they were re introducing them, she told Dad he'd better start saving, because she WOULD get one right away:P

Sadistic Bastard said:
Yep, love those ricer drivers. Come up next to you, rev that little engine through the fart can muffler, and then their eyes go wide when my "debadged" GTO smokes 'em. Probably thought it was a GTP or something...

Now an EVO 8 or 9 has a fighting chance with a few mods, but I've found that my "Mostly Stock" M6 LS2 GTO likes WRX's for lunch, usually by about 3 car lengths when I shut down (but they'll launch better than the Goat from the dig...from a roll the gap is even bigger). Of course, after I've left 'em for dead and decided I'd wasted enough gas, they do that good old "Ricer Flyby". Sorry kid, you aren't worth the additional gas, and we both know who won, don't we? Such fragile egos...

Why can't they just accept that my "low Tech" pushrod V-8 is going to push my "overweight" muscle-car down the road faster than a flat 4, no matter how big a turbo it has. We don't EVEN need to talk about how much HP is lost in the 4wd drive-train. 6.0 > 2.5

I've had more trouble from Stage 3 SRT4's than the Subaru's...and at least the Mustang GT drivers usually will give me a thumbs up or a wave as they watch my tail-lights disappear into the distance.

Just a little gear-head trash talk. We haven't had much of that here. ;)

Clearly this guy is full of shit and a MORON to boot. He is bragging about racing a midget car that is perhaps the fastest car in its class on the road. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about dipshit. Here we go:
There is not a 'stock' GTO that can take on a Subaru WRX therefore you are a lying piece of shit.

Paladin, a car only performs as good as it's driver. I've beaten faster cars many times because the punk behind the wheel didn't have the skills to take full advantage of his ride. It happens more often than not.

Lilith, I love the '99 T/A. In fact, I was trying to buy one back then, but insurance companies don't like young guys getting rides like that. :( I'm never going to give up my GTI. It's just too good of a car. As second car may be a Mustang, or a Camaro. Too bad there's no 'Cuda in the near, or even far future as far as I know. Dodge sometimes does some surprising things, so who knows.

Captain Jack said:
Paladin, a car only performs as good as it's driver. I've beaten faster cars many times because the punk behind the wheel didn't have the skills to take full advantage of his ride. It happens more often than not.

Lilith, I love the '99 T/A. In fact, I was trying to buy one back then, but insurance companies don't like young guys getting rides like that. :( I'm never going to give up my GTI. It's just too good of a car. As second car may be a Mustang, or a Camaro. Too bad there's no 'Cuda in the near, or even far future as far as I know. Dodge sometimes does some surprising things, so who knows.

Fair enough but I have seen the fast WRXs. When they first came out they were one of the fastest production cars on the planet for their size. You should see the fuckers take off from a cold start. Scary shit.

I definetly like the late 90s body style for the Stangs. Dont ask why, I cant explain.

I will never give up my 93 either. Not because it's even remotely fast, or in good shape (mechanically, its a tank, cosmetically, its been damaged). But my uncle who was a mechanic gave it to me, got me into Subarus and auto mechanics, etc. He died, so all I have from him is the car. I will NEVER sell this car, it is after all a Japanese made Impreza (from before they started building the Imprezas in America) which were proven to be more reliable than the US made ones.

Paladin said:
Fair enough but I have seen the fast WRXs. When they first came out they were one of the fastest production cars on the planet for their size. You should see the fuckers take off from a cold start. Scary shit.
To clarify- WRX or WRX STi?

Lilith said:
OMG, Luci defending my car????? Now I didn't see that one coming...

Your car? Listen up bitch, I almost bought one. I ran into a snag though. When I told my insurance company what car I intended to purchase they quoted me a price, showed me the quote and burst out laughing so I told them no thank you. NOt worth the aggravation. Fucking insurance companies. Toronto has amongst the highest auto insurance premiums on earth. Can you guess why? I shall tell you why. *pulls my eyes back* Now can you figure it out? Still don't know? How about this 'so solly oh so solly!'?

Paladin said:

Wrong. The Dodge Neon SRT was the fastest production car of that size/class. Sure, it was a piece of shit, but it was the fastest piece of shit. :y_grin:

I have seen fuckers take off from a cold start. You should see me take off from a cold start. ;)

Lilith said:
To clarify- WRX or WRX STi?

What do you think dipshit? The latter although the first WRXs I don't think came out as STi's. The first time I laid mine eyes upon this car after moving your tight ass out from in front of me I was drooling like a bitch! I wanted one the first time they came out.

Paladin said:
What do you think dipshit? The latter although the first WRXs I don't think came out as STi's. The first time I laid mine eyes upon this car after moving your tight ass out from in front of me I was drooling like a bitch! I wanted one the first time they came out.
No they didnt come out as STi's first because the WRX came out before the STi. Dipshit:razz: