"You gonna get another job?"...

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
To wax philosophical for a moment . . .
Yes, the Unabomber was a whackaloon. He mailed bombs to people. But that doesn't mean that everything he thought/wrote was wrong. This is what I refer to as "the source of an idea does not by itself invalidate that idea." Kaszinski was a shithead but, much like Henry David Thoreau in his little house at Walden Pond, he had some good insights about how society was going. I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory shit Volpone mentioned, but given the human proclivity toward short-term thinking it's not hard to see where things are running off the rails.
Meh. Various figures including Ra's al Ghul, Jinjiro Kurita, and Thanos probably had the right idea . . . "kill 'em all."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Ah, but if you read the manifesto, the *reason* he mailed bombs to people is that was the only thing he could think of to get his manifesto published where people would see it. And you know what happened after he'd spent 20 years mailing bombs to people? They published his manifesto. I get the impression that he wasn't particularly happy to kill people. Neither is the soldier or the police officer or the shopkeeper or home invasion victim. But sometimes there's no other way to protect your self and your way of life. If he (rightly, IMO) felt that academia was actively working to subvert the American way of life, then they were the enemy and he'd have been justified in killing them even if it wasn't a means to get his writings published. Heck, that he only killed 3 shows amazing restraint.

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, the impression I'd had was that he was just mailing out dozens upon dozens of bombs to totally random people 'for teh lulz'. To me, he was just this pop culture blip, "wooOOOooo, it's the Unabomber!" Like "the boogeyman".

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
So tired and jumpy today. I keep trying periodically to recover my Facebook account, but I suspect it is impossible. Facebook is run by robots and the hacker has a robot. I can't get my PIN entered before the hacker robot enters its PIN. At least I assume that is what's happening, because they send me a PIN and when I try to enter it I'm told it is invalid.

Meanwhile, trying to switch insurance companies and, in spite of being told twice by USAA that my home claim is closed, it is still showing in the system as open. So me and the new broker did a conference call with USAA to have them send some kind of insurance letter. Of course USAA sent a letter that did NOT confirm the claim is closed, so as of today I'm still stuck with them.

I didn't get any work done on the rental and haven't even finished all the chores that should've been done by Sunday. The Dr. Who prop board I'm a member of, our benefactor is on hard times so I agreed to chip in a bit towards this year's Web hosting. While I was looking up how to make this happen, I got an e-mail to take a satisfaction survey from a company I don't remember buying anything from so I had to go see if my credit card had been compromised. It doesn't look like it has been--although now I realize I need to figure out how to check the new card I just got to replace USAA--so I e-mailed them back, telling them about the hack and that I wasn't aware of buying anything from them. Then I got the Web Hosting thing banged out--not without a couple hiccups. So now I've got...15 minutes or so to do some bookkeeping. I hate bookkeeping so much. And I really need to screw down and get it all done. I've been doing just enough to keep things more or less on track for a few weeks now but I really need to know how much I have and where it is so I guess I should get back to it.

You're just going along like "DOOTY-DOOTY-DOO...", fat and happy, and at any moment something you have no visibility on could clobber you out of the blue and completely screw up everything you've been working on.
More of the same. Didn't manage to finish up bookkeeping yesterday before I had to go to work. Because I had to go to work I didn't get up until after 11 today. No word from my insurance agent, so she must not be making any progress in her efforts to get me new insurance, which means I'm going to have to get on the phone with USAA. Again. Sink full of dishes and trash needs to be taken out. But before anything else I must walk The Dog.

This time of year, she likes to tromp around in the tall grass, hunting groundhogs and baby bunny rabbits. This time of year there are also all manner of nasty seeds--particularly ones called "foxtails." These come off certain grasses and have barbs on them that cause themselves to work their way inward. Into your boot and sock and foot. Into your dog's fur and skin and vital organs. They're nasty. But they're where The Dog likes to patrol so the best I can do is be vigilant. Oh, and I'm pretty sure she has an ear infection, so I should call the vet today. And talk to my bank to see if cancelling my insurance on the home with the HELOC so I can get different insurance will be a problem if that's my last option. But yeah, by the time I've finished eating lunch all that will be closed.

But I'm rambling. Foxtails. My dog is also sensitive to the heat, so she will take breaks in the shade. If she can find a puddle to lay in, even better in her mind. Well where we go, she's discovered a concrete storm drain she can crawl into. It's cool and shaded and there's often rain water in the bottom of it, so she'll sometimes go there multiple times during her patrol. Today, while she was in there, I took the opportunity to shake foxtails out of my boots and pick them out of my socks so I wouldn't get them in the house when I got home. So when she was cooled off and rested, she immediately charged into the thickest, most tangled batch of weeds she could find and just like that, my boots were full of seed and weed crap again.

When she was finally ready to go home, she was also covered with seeds and weeds and stickers--including a foxtail on her nose. As I went to pick it off, she licked her nose, swallowing it. I grabbed her mouth to try to pick it out and that's when I realized her mouth was FULL of them. I mean, it makes sense, running around with your mouth wide open. So I wiped out as many as I could and hope for the best.

Get home. Check the mail and there's 3 new bills. So now there's a good chance that, not only will I not make it down to work on the house AGAIN, but I may not even get done with bookkeeping today. And of course I work tomorrow night.

When I got home I stopped outside to clean out my boots. And then when I got inside and changed into flip-flops, of course a bunch of foxtails fell out of the boots anyhow. It just never ends. Oh, and then there's the woodticks, but you get the idea.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Interesting. I've said I'm getting too old to renovate houses, but I don't know. While I've been stressed out and miserable of late, I decided rather than work on my bookkeeping some more, I would run down to the house and do the last cleaning on the last bedroom. (I cleaned the whole house with TSP/Bleach/Water and now I'm going through a second time with Pine-Sol/Vinegar/Water.) Still have the rest of the house to do, but we'll say we're maybe 30% done with cleaning. I think it will work--although there was still more of a smoker smell than I'd expected when I showed up, and I'm definitely going ahead with priming with KILZ before painting.

But I'm rambling. The point is, cleaning the bedroom went well and was fairly quick. I had a little time for something else. This is a dangerous thing for me, because it's easy to plan to stay another 15 minutes and wind up staying another 2 hours--as I did again tonight. Had on relatively nice jeans when I cleaned the living room. Since there was dirty bleach water everywhere, I opted to skip crawling around, pulling up carpet staples until a later time, when the floor was dry. Was set to do that tonight. But then I realized I'd probably be cleaning bathrooms next and I had some minor(?) demo work to do in the full bath.

At one point, the tub had ... No, wait, I'm still getting ahead of myself. The tub, when I bought the place, appeared to be in decent shape--something I keep an eye on after repeated failures at restoring an old worn out tub in the first rental. It did have some kind of odd putty job around the overflow drain, but I wasn't terribly worried about it. Or the red stain in much of the bottom of the tub. Tried the red stain a few days ago. Thought it would come up with a bit of scrubbing. No. Got some CLR and more abrasive substances for the next attempt, but for now I've held off on that. Well I decided before pulling staples, to get the putty knife and scrape away some of the weirdness around the overflow drain on the tub. Somehow, today it came up really easy. And I learned that the reason for the putty is that about an 8" circle around the overflow drain is totally rusted away. Seriously. How does this fucking happen? I don't understand it. So I'm contemplating BathFitter or some other tub liner--or patching the tub with fiberglass. It should actually work pret--yeah, I'm not going to finish that sentence out loud and fucking jinx myself.

So with that settled, I realized the next thing I'd be cleaning was the bathrooms. Now the full bath had a shower door at one point. That's not a big deal. What is a big deal is, for whatever reason, at some point someone decided to run a partial wall across the ceiling over the tub edge to meet up with the shower door. Bad idea. Makes a small bathroom look smaller. Demo could be a pain, but I decided it HAD to be done. So I took a shot at it. I'd already smashed a small hole in the drywall with a wrecking bar as a preliminary investigation. I opened that up with my drywall saw to get a better idea what I was dealing with. Yeah. No, this was no impulse project. This was probably done when the place was built and was very well executed. Steel (aluminum?) studs, screwed to the walls, ceilings, drywall, and each other. Not the quick project I'd hoped for. In the end, I wound up having to completely dismantle the entire bastard, piece by piece. And that's when I found out the bits joining it to the walls were glued in place with construction adhesive. Actually some top notch craftsmanship. Getting it apart was so much work that I might have just left it if I hadn't already fucked it up enough that repairing it would be about as much work. When I got it out, I approved. Makes the bathroom look twice as big.

The point of all this is that none of these surprises worried me or freaked me out. I looked at them the way 30 year old me would've: "Huh. Didn't expect that. Oh well, I'll just have to adjust the plan." It was actually almost fun.

This is a long way of saying maybe I need to do more renovation work and less brain work. Because after getting my Facebook hacked, getting an email from a store I didn't remember buying anything from, asking me to take a survey, filled me with paranoid dread--even though I'm certain(?) any credit cards involved in my Facebook profile have long since expired. Meanwhile, huge problems with my bathroom were met with almoste pleasure: "Ah, this is the unexpected expense that I've been waiting to see pop up." I maintain that you just need to stick about $8K in our budget for the left field unexpected expense that you never saw coming.

Well, I should get going. Tomorrow's another day. And I have to work. And my dog seems to have an ear infection, so I need to touch base with the vet. And I've still got deferred bookkeeping I need to bang out. Oh, and working out on the USAA phone monkeys. Because I really fucking hate this company and really really want to end my relationship with them ASAP and I can't do that until I can get the March 3 claim to show up as "closed." Now you'd think that would be simple. Make a phone call. "Hello? Yeah, that property claim? I don't need any more money and the work was actually completed over a month ago. Just go ahead and close it out." Easy-peasy. But you are not a 2023 USAA customer. Simple things involve tortuous odysseys. I've had 3 people tell me the claim is closed. I even have a screencap from the message board. But apparently the claim shows as still open in whatever database insurance companies use--which prevents me from getting a new insurer. Yesterday me and my new agent did a conference call with USAA, asking for a letter stating the claim was closed. They agreed to this and sent a letter that said they are my insurer and they've paid out $X on my claim. Fuck you very much. Thanks for giving me something that doesn't at all say what I asked for it to say. So now I have to--ONCE AGAIN--figure out what magic words I have to say to get someone at shitty, shitty USAA to do what they've said they did 6 weeks ago.

The Question

Eternal
Interesting. I've said I'm getting too old to renovate houses, but I don't know.
The rest of the post kinda makes it sound like you're getting too old to NOT renovate houses. lol

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
You know what it is? I'm in control. Rusted out hole in the tub? Not fun. But I knew there was something wrong from the redneck repair. And there are options to fix it. I'm free to select what I think is the best option.

The other stuff? I have absolutely no control. I think The Dog has an ear infection. So this morning I called the vet. Got voicemail. Didn't hear back so I called again after lunch. Still no answer. Getting ready to go the next round against USAA so I called up my new agent to strategerize and plan out options. Got voicemail. So I called the cell phone number she gave me. Got voicemail. So I'll just have to wing this. And it will ultimately probably accomplish nothing, because that seems to be the way it is. And there will be absolutely nothing I can do to cause action. Maybe cancel the account. But what if I do that and my new agent can't turn on the new policies today? What if they say they canceled the account but don't actually take the steps to? No power, no control. Just at the mercy of idiots and incompetents and robots.

The Question

Eternal
You know what it is? I'm in control. Rusted out hole in the tub? Not fun. But I knew there was something wrong from the redneck repair. And there are options to fix it. I'm free to select what I think is the best option.

The other stuff? I have absolutely no control. I think The Dog has an ear infection. So this morning I called the vet. Got voicemail. Didn't hear back so I called again after lunch. Still no answer. Getting ready to go the next round against USAA so I called up my new agent to strategerize and plan out options. Got voicemail. So I called the cell phone number she gave me. Got voicemail. So I'll just have to wing this. And it will ultimately probably accomplish nothing, because that seems to be the way it is. And there will be absolutely nothing I can do to cause action. Maybe cancel the account. But what if I do that and my new agent can't turn on the new policies today? What if they say they canceled the account but don't actually take the steps to? No power, no control. Just at the mercy of idiots and incompetents and robots.
Look at it this way: You're off the hook for things outside your control. If blame comes down, distribute it accordingly.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Sitting here on hold with my thumb up my ass because my dog seems to have an ear infection and veterinarians work about as well as everything else in this foul year of our Lord, 2023.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
A quick anecdote to sum up my feelings on the actual state of the USA in 2023: I'm doing my grocery shopping. They're out of gallon jugs of whole milk. I could just take 2 half gallons, but looking through the glass door, I can see crates and crates of product in the cooler. I think for a second about finding an employee before thinking about how much faster and simpler it will be to just go through the access door that is RIGHT THERE, grab what I need, and continue shopping.

BUT! The door says "EMPLOYEES ONLY, PLEASE." And there's a 75 year old stock boy tidying up the eggs not 15' away so I decide to play by The Rules.

I go over and stand right next to the guy, on the side he's working from and watch him, waiting for him to in some way acknowledge me. For 15 seconds he diligently ignores me so I say "Fine. We'll do it my way," walk through the EMPLOYEES ONLY door to the cooler, get my milk, and leave.

On the way out a woman asked if I could get her milk and I was just like "I don't work here. I just got tired of waiting."

To her credit, she just said "Excuse me" to the 75 year old stock boy without waiting to get eye contact and he grudgingly got her a gallon of milk and put a second gallon in the rack in case another customer might want a gallon of milk before going back to organizing the eggs. But I liked my solution better.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
There are things I shall miss Facebook for. A year ago a friend got a hip replaced. Saw a meme of someone who saved his old hip and turned it into a handle for a custom cane. Harder to share with him now. Or my car. '09 Mustang. Gunmetal. Basically designed on Steve McQueen's "Bullitt" Mustang. Which was Hunter Green. It has come to my attention that the entire John Wick franchise was launched on the strength of a gunmetal Mustang. So the temptation is to add some "John Wick" elements to my car. But the problem is, understatement is nice. The "John Wick" Mustang is in no way a "sleeper' car. The "Bullitt" 'stang is not particularly stock, but it isn't flashy to the degree the Wick car is. And trying to reference both runs the risk of being neither.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Just rewatched the iconic chase scene on YouTube. Kentucky does not have front plates. So I'm sorely tempted to slap a 1968 California replica plate on the front bumper. And to move to Bullitt County, a few miles south of here, so the back plate says "Bullitt" instead of "Jefferson".

And wear a tweed sportcoat with a navy turtleneck at all times.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Why do software companies decide it is a good idea to make their product shittier, more worthless, and more unuseable a good idea? Just happened on a neat picture I wanted to set my desktop to. Unfortunately it is apparently now impossible to set the resolution so it displays in a non-retarded manner. Thanks, Bill Gates! Top notch job, making your product more annoying and worthless! But keep trying, because Google and Facebook are far ahead of you.

I miss Windows 2000 Pro. Just a really nice OS that was user friendly, fast, and powerful. Now we've got this Pla-Skool fake driving wheel Maggie Simpson shit that is almost completely useless.

The Question

Eternal
Which version of the Pla-Skool fake driving wheel Maggie Simpson shit are you running? I might be able to help.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
When I lived in the Twin Cities, for many years I drove by the minor league St. Paul Saints ballpark to and from work every day. Always kind of regretted not going to a game. Never went to a Portland Beavers game before Portland went to shit and they turned it into a soccer field. I have been to a few Louisville Bats games, but the past 2 years, the Saints have been in our league (I saw the "Bull Durham" Durham Bulls and M*A*S*H's Klinger's Toledo Mudhens take on the Bats, but not the Saints). Furthermore, tonight was "Star Wars" night.

That said, Kentucky gets miserably hot after the Kentucky Derby. Even for night games. And I'm up to my eyeballs in work these days. Still, I was determined to go. But my body felt "off."
Then it decided it needed a nap. And I realized I was in no shape to go downtown for a baseball game. Sitll kind of hoping to catch "The Flash," but I also need to make up for lost time. And I have to work tomorrow. :/

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. Gotta gossip about the job a bit. I actually like it a fair amount (apart from the effect working nights has on my sleep schedule). I just don't like a good number of the people I have to work with. I don't remember if I mentioned it yet, but the actual supervisor is a complete non-entity. No charisma, no leadership, nothing. His backup is actually pretty good. He checks up on people throughout the shift, makes jokes, makes sure everyone knows what they're supposed to be doing, teaches people, and generally gets things done. One night he was off and one of the workers was running things, so I thought both of them were off, but no, the actual supervisor was working. He just has no interest or aptitude in supervising so he was off running a forklift or something.

We've got 2 workers..."Worker" is a bit of a misnomer. The one has inch long fake eyelashes and wears a beadazzled 'rona mask on her chin while she wanders around the building with a cell phone in each had for most of the night. Another one wears a headset like a 1970s air traffic controller and spends the entire night talking to someone on it. He shows up, spends about a half hour watching TV in the break room, before coming to the receiving dock and periodically tossing a box on whatever pallet seems convenient. I mean, like, putting a lightswitch on the plumbing pallet or window blinds on the power tool pallet. I have no idea what the process is. And it is literally just tossed on there, fucking up the rest of the pallet as far as stability.

Hell, even the hard workers have no idea how to stack a pallet, creating unstable pallets that are a lot smaller than they need to be, but I digress. The rest of the night he wanders up and down the electrical aisles, talking on his big clunky headset and occasionally opening a box and putting it onto a shelf--before shuffling off back to the pallet to pick up another box (as opposed to loading up a shopping cart and doing a bunch of items at once.

But the guy I really need to gossip about...I feel bad. Because I genuinely LIKE the guy. But...remember the old Demotivator parodies of the Successory posters? One was of a rusted out beached cargo ship with the caption "FAILURE. Because it could be that your reason for living is to serve as a warning to others." That's this guy. Like, after around 2 months, it still regularly takes him several minutes to log in and out of the payroll system. He lost his gloves. He lost his box cutter. He lost his scanner. He lost his cell phone. Yesterday he lost his wallet. He often comes to me with problems with his scanner. One time he couldn't log on. He had somehow opened some kind of alternate minimized window view that I had to figure out how to get him out of. Another time he was no longer connected to the wireless network. Last night the device wasn't working at all. He's somehow managed to get the back panel off and get the battery out in his attempts to "fix" the problem. Then, somehow, the button to operate his box-cutter blade wasn't working. Meanwhile I can see that the flashlight on his cellphone is on because it is shining out his back pocket. I'm like "I should say something," but I'm also like "fuck it, he's a grown-ass man, you're not his nursemaid. And if you help him, he'll just keep coming to you."

Then there's the conversations: "Don't buy shoes drunk. I got these shoes, but I must've took the wrong box because they're 4" longer than they need to be." (that is paraphrased but the basic gist.) Or "I should go home. I was throwing up all morning. I need to eat out more, because my cooking is killing me." Seriously, how can an adult be that incapable of surviving? Fuck, there's TV dinners, Spaghettios, and frozen pizza. How do you fuck those up? What's hard about mac & cheez? Or even basic scratch recipes? How does is an adult unable to prepare food? Came in on the middle of a conversation so I didn't get the exact details, but apparently he drinks around a 12 pack of Mountain Dew a day. Every day. To the point that he coughs uncontrollably when he drinks water. "You know how your pee is supposed to be dark yellow? [it isn't, it's supposed to be almost clear, but go ahead] Mine is red." JFC.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh. The other thing. Today I realized one of my super powers is being able to look at evidence and reconstruct what has happened. Or to reverse-engineer a solution or diagnose a problem. I just kind of assume everyone can do this, but even people I consider fairly smart--and often more successful than me--will be completely bewildered by something I've figured out--even after I explain it to them.

This Facebook "hack." Friend told me I should bet 2 factor authentication. I explained to him that the hack exploits Facebook's password reset "wizard" so the only thing 2FA gets you is a more urgent, real-time notification that someone is trying to steal your account. Because the hacker asks Facebook to reset the password. And he tells the wizard that he no longer has access to his e-mail, phone, or any other methods of contact on file. So. Instead of someone at Facebook going "Hmm. That sounds mighty fishy, person logging on from China to an old white guy in Kentucky, I'm going to have to look into this" the automated tool says "OK! That's totally reasonable. Send us a new e-mail address and upload a picture of your ID and we'll give you access to the account." I explained this to the guy twice and he's still like "yes, but with 2FA, your accont is more secure." :bang:

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Random stuff in no particular order:

The Cat was Out for 5 days at the start of the month. When he came back, he had injuries to all 4 feet. Yesterday I had a look at him to see how he's recovering and realized he is missing most of his claws. They seem to be growing back but damn, I wonder what he got into.

Today The Dog found a soft pretzel on the morning patrol. Like a big-ass state fair 7" diameter pretzel. Just in the middle of nowhere. I don't know how this happens, but she lovingly brought it home. And since it wasn't a murdered groundhog, I let her bring it in the house...where she curled up and resource-guarded it like a murdered groundhog. Tonight I have found pretzel crumbs in various locations that documented her adventures with her soft pretzel. She eventually ate it when I got home for the night.

Meanwhile, The Cat was Out for most of the day. He came In when I got home for the night; proceeded to disappear into the basement to Fuck Shit Up down there for long enough that I had to go down and make sure he was alright.

Did some chores and bookkeeping today. I hate bookkeeping. But I see its importance, so I try to stay abreast of it. I made progress today, but didn't get fully caught up. Needed to go work on The House, since I didn't make it down the past 2 days. Finished the 2nd cleaning on the interior. Mostly happy with it. We'll see if it smells like cigarettes now. Now I need to take down a little more wallpaper and do some touch-up plaster work. It's possible I could start painting this week. It would just be priming with KILZ, but even so... Actually, my cleaning has been successful enough that I'm tempted to skip the KILZ, but I realize cutting corners just makes more work in the end, so I might as well take my time and do it right (thanks Mister Rogers).

Of course my car also needs an oil change andI want to see "The Flash," "Transformers," and maybe a few other movies. So who knows?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yeah...I'm not painting this week. Aside from realizing I have to work tomorrow night, today I got started on drywall/plaster repair and fully realized just how much of it there is. Because time was limited and I also needed to feel like I was making some progress, I stuck to picture nail holes and other small repairs. Practically, I should've started in on the big stuff, because that's going to take time and multiple layers to build up, but I needed to feel like I accomplished something, so I went for the low hanging fruit.

In other news, my friend is goddamned exhausting. I'm busy as shit, managing my own life and the decisions I've made and he calls me up to whine about existential angst. Other night, I was at work and he happened to call just as we were going on break so I took it: "There's this girl that works at the food co-op and she always stops to talk to me and tells me how good a parent I am. Last time she kept putting her hand on my arm. I don't know what I should do." Fucking ask her out for coffee. This isn't fucking hard. Worst that could happen is that she says she's married/a lesbian/a married lesbian. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take and the risk of asking someone out for coffee is virtually nil. But he just stays on the call, whining about his angst until I have to say "look, I'm at work. I can't talk right now."

Tonight I got back from the house and was checking out a spare ceiling fan I wound up not using at another place and he calls: "The VP of blahblahblah just asked me to be on the board of the local 7 county United Way as Treasurer." So do it. Or don't do it. If you want to do it, go ahead. If you don't just say you don't have the time. "But what if it hurts my career?" I don't fucking know. I don't know office politics. If you want to renovate a house or stage it for sale or if you want to stage an amphibious landing to overthrow a dictator, I'm your guy. If you want advice on office politics, understand that I work part time nights at a hardware store receiving dock because I don't want to deal with a career or office politics. I'm just trying to get this last house fixed up and rented so I can retire.

I don't even understand his situation. He's worked there for 23+ years. But apparently he's still 8-10 years away from retirement because he has a kid in private school that wants to go to a private college and he blows his money on stupid shit.

He had to take a call so he was going to call back. And because I'm OCD crazy, that means I'm waiting for his call, but it's been 40+ minutes and I need to go to bed soon.

Speaking of which, if The Cat doesn't come In soon, he'll be spending the night Out.

[EDIT: Shit, I'm an introvert. With a tiny cell phone. Calling me up at the end of the long day to whine about your doubts uses up my emotional and actual batteries. Then I need more time to recharge them. Tell the food co-op girl about your problems. ]

The Question

Eternal
The Cat was Out for 5 days at the start of the month. When he came back, he had injuries to all 4 feet. Yesterday I had a look at him to see how he's recovering and realized he is missing most of his claws. They seem to be growing back but damn, I wonder what he got into.
Either a catnip bender, or something involving Denis Leary, a motorcycle, and a TikTok "challenge."

I'm guessing, obviously. But I'm 100% convinced that cats do "stupid human shit" -- just... feline versions of it.