Yub and FBI play Pat-a-cake over the use of Torrents

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Shrug.jpg

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Is it okay to download selected clips from a movie where an actress you find attractive is naked, even if you have no inention of legally viewing the whole thing?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
You can actually see the nipple atoms.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I thought this was an argument over the use of TOMTREKS.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Downloading movies and music via torrents is indeed a little dicey, if you have never bought the DVD or CD and never intend to.

But TV shows are different as far as I'm concerned. They are available either for free with an antenna, or for free as part of the huge cable bill I pay monthly. Also they are available to be viewed for free via the On-Demand channels on my hugely expensive cable bill. Also, for years the studios and cable providers never gave a crap if I taped their content. If I am not going to pirate and sell the content, and only keep it for personal use under the guidelines of the Fair Usage Act, then they can go screw themselves.

Plus I've spent an extraordinary amount of money on DVD boxsets in the course of my life to balance out the media karma.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I have downloaded episodes of various shows my sky box didn't record properly, but like you say, I already paid for those anyway.