COVID-19 check in thread

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
We were supposed to have a family member parade thing at the nursing home today, and we made a sign blew up some balloons, but my stepfather doesn't feel good so it's canceled. They've been bringing a few of the residents outside every afternoon for the past few days so they can see their families from a few feet away.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It was my oldest sister's birthday yesterday, and my other sisters and their kids and some other fam/friends did a family parade outside her house with signs and balloons etc.

I had to work while it was going on, of course.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Today is my granddaughter's birthday (she's 11) and my wife and I did a happy brthday rap/dance video for her, (along with about thirty other friends and family) and sent them to my daughter. She's compiling them today for a massive birthday video.

I whined about doing it at first, but after a glass of wine had a good time :bigass:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I was trying to think of a good reply for that tweet when I saw it. This one beats anything I came up with.

Mirah

I love you
I'm a little at the pissed off stage right now. And pissed off over the dumbest littlest things. Like, I want to watch a show to escape, but much of the pre-covid stuff is pissing me off. Or like even when I thought, "I'll watch Sabrina" I looked at it and just thought, nah, that seems too normal now. I'm starting to realize that it is going to take a lot longer than any of us would like. We might open back up again, but at what cost and what caution?
I'm fine, I'm just having a moment.
I watched something tonight that talked about re-calibrating our expectations. It was completely spot on and I know that is what I need to do.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Great British Bake-Off is great therapy TV. The genial atmosphere, nobody is a jerk (okay Paul Hollywood is sometimes but he's benign) -- even the music is calming.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Nardole for PM!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Great British Bake-Off is great therapy TV. The genial atmosphere, nobody is a jerk (okay Paul Hollywood is sometimes but he's benign) -- even the music is calming.

Paul Hollywood picks up a cake and crumples it within his Thanos-like hand.

“It doesn’t hold together very well.”

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Good news! According to the IRS website it looks like I'm going to get my stimulus payment direct deposited on May 20th. As soon as I know I got the stimulus payment I'm ordering my new bed and laptop. Bad news I won't be going back to work until june 1st.