Star Trek: Picard

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Can you really play a vinyl LP in space?

Interesting developments but again it's all so slow moving. I feel like this season could have been a movie.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Oh being half Vulcan/half Romulan was pretty funny after we were all wondering which one she was earlier in the season.

Narissa finally got a bit of depth.

The stuff with Seven on the Borg Cube was...sadly pretty disappointing. She turned into a Queen, activated a bunch of drones...then the drones instantly died. I'm sure she'll factor into the season finale but this all felt a bit pointless.

Picard felt more like himself after Deanna telling him off so that's good and hopefully will carry through to him ultmiately convincing Starfleet to be nice again.

I know terrible Scottish accents are a running joke in Star Trek and I did like the Rios hologram scene but it would be nice to have an actual Scottish person cast just once.

The stuff about Rios's Captain tying into the synth story felt too convenient but whatever I know lots of tv shows do that you don't have to come up with examples of other tv shows doing it to prove it's actually good okay.

I hope Agnes still has to face consequences for killing Maddox. She might have been brain poisoned but she was still in control of her actions.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's too bad they didn't assimilate Narissa!

The Question

Eternal
MENTY TO GUEST STAR ON STAR TREK: PICARD?!

(No, almost certainly not.)

CaptainWacky

So how does Data painting Soji (or more likely the robot ambassador) all those years ago fit into this Planet of the Robots? Did he visit it and just not tell Picard?

CaptainWacky

We saw the planet he was made on in TNG (and there were other unsuccesful earlier Data prototypes there too.)

Last edited:

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
We saw the planet he was made on in TNG (and there were other unsuccesful earlier Data prototypes there too.)

No, we saw the planet he was found on. Apparently Soong created him there, but that's iffy and open to debate. The only other eye witness was herself an android.

And the only other prototype found there was Lore.

CaptainWacky

Clearly I wasn't paying attention to the huge exposition dump in the latest Picard.

I was thinking of this scene but yeah that's Lore's bum...

wRA3AbX.jpg

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I was hoping for a little while that the warning on the planet was from a species assimilated by the Borg when they swept through the beta quadrant thousands of years ago (and then moved onto the delta quadrant when they’d taken anything of use). That would have been a sufficient reason for the Romulans to fear all synthetic life and would’ve given the Borg a bit of mysterious backstory.

I’m actually confused now about how many androids there were and what we’re supposed to know and what’s still a mystery.

Implying that Seven might get addicted to being the Queen only to effortlessly remove herself from the LAN collective was a missed opportunity. I guess the thought process was internalised, but the scene would’ve had more weight if Legolas had needed to convince her to disconnect. He could’ve referenced his choice to leave a comfortable life at home to help Picard and both characters would’ve had their growth highlighted.

I like Santiago Cabrerra’s accents... I think they’re meant to be a bit dodgy?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That was ANN MAGNUSON???

omg I'm going to have to watch it again lol.

CaptainWacky

Next week he states that he doesn't know how to play the flute.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I just started watching it, but watched that one and it nblew me away