Star Trek: Picard

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
With those mutant dwarves from 'Farpoint' pointing and laughing.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I really, really, really want to be hyped for this but I'm struggling. They should have just brought Next Gen back more than a decade ago. I hope this is good but it could quite easily be trash as well. I guess we will see.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
They should have just brought Next Gen back more than a decade ago.
Nemesis killed any hope of that (thanks Brent Spiner).

I have a feeling this will be a show starring Patrick Stewart but the storylines and supporting characters won't remind people much of TNG.

CaptainWacky

IT'S A SHOW ABOUT PICARD AND Q AS WACKY ROOMMATES AND YOU CAN'T CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I say to myself “of course it’ll be good, Patrick Stewart is in it! He has standards!” and then I remember he played the smiling poop in the Emoji movie.

Dershocka

dershocka
It should be a show about Picard being sent back in time to assassinate an alien who's impersonating the U.S. President. He fails then his time device is destroyed, and he's sent on the run as a fugitive. He also has a spunky 10 year old sidekick who's Zeprhaim Cochran's future grandma or something. Then Q shows up to bust his balls. Eventually in the series finale he finds out he's his own great great great great great(great?) Grandfather.

CaptainWacky

"And Sarah Silverman's in it because I want to sleep with her!" - Brannon Braga, probably

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
‘Star Trek: Picard’: Michael Chabon Named Showrunner Of CBS All Access Series

By Nellie Andreeva
June 27, 2019 9:15am

EXCLUSIVE: “I’m really so delighted, and I can’t believe I get a chance to be part of this,” Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon told Deadline last fall about joining the writers room of CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Picard series as an executive producer. The lifelong Star Trek fan has now been named showrunner of the Star Trek revival that is bringing Trek icon Patrick Stewart back into Federation space.

Chabon, who had been part of the core creative team on the series, is working closely on the day-to-day production with fellow executive producers, veteran Star Trek writer/producer Akiva Goldsman, and Alex Kurtzman, who continues to oversee the expansion of the growing Star Trek universe for CBS TV Studios.

“Daring, lyrical, humane, whimsical, celebrated: words that describe both Jean-Luc Picard and the literary genius of Michael Chabon,” said Kurtzman. “Despite a laundry list of accomplishments most writers only dream of, Michael shines with the heart and soul of a Trekkie who’s finally found his dream job. We’re so fortunate to have him at the helm as we explore this next chapter in the great captain’s life.”

In Star Trek: Picard, Stewart reprises his role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on Star Trek: Next Generation. Star Trek: Picard will follow Picard in the next chapter of his life.

Star Trek: Picard, produced by CBS TV Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment, will also star Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway, Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd and newcomer Evan Evagora.

Stewart, Kurtzman, James Duff, Goldsman, Chabon, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth executive produce, with Aaron Baiers of Secret Hideout serving as co-executive producer and Kirsten Beyer as supervising producer. Hanelle Culpepper will direct the first two episodes of the series, making her the first woman to direct a pilot or debut episode of a Starfleet series in the franchise’s 53-year history.

“Star Trek has been an important part of my way of thinking about the world, the future, human nature, storytelling and myself since I was ten years old,” said Chabon. “I come to work every day in a state of joy and awe at having been entrusted with the character and the world of Jean-Luc Picard, with this vibrant strand of the rich, intricate and complex tapestry that is Trek.’”

Chabon is the bestselling and Pulitzer Prize-winning author of the novels The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, Moonglow, Wonder Boys and The Yiddish Policeman’s Union, among others. His screenplays and teleplays include John Carter, Spiderman 2, Unbelievable– which he wrote with his writing partner and wife, Ayelet Waldman – as well as the Star Trek: Short Treks episode “Calypso.” In addition to the Pulitzer Prize, Chabon has won the Hugo, Nebula, Mythopoeic, Sidewise and Ignotus awards (Spain’s Hugo Award) and many others.

Star Trek: Picard will air exclusively on CBS All Access in the US and will be distributed concurrently internationally by CBS Studios International on Amazon Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories and in Canada on Bell Media’s cable networks, Space and Z, and OTT service Crave.

CaptainWacky

It's weird that they've only just decided on a showrunner after several months of filming?

The Question

Eternal
That poor guy. Blew so much sunshine up his ass, he probably farts in the middle of the night and wakes himself up with the flash.

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Wonder Boys was great. So there's that. (Although Steve Kloves did the screenplay adaptation but whatever).

CaptainWacky

I don't know what anything is.

CaptainWacky

BRANNOn aND BRAGA HAVE no RESpecT for CANON giVING PiCaRD A DOG when HE DIDN'T haVE onE BEfore!!!1

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Stewart suggested that they change his name to "Jean X. Picard" but they said no.

whisky

Boobie inspector
So in the pilot someone beats up Picard, steals his ship and kills the dog, then he spends the rest of the show going round doing headshots and fighting in the rain?