Stranger Things (Netflix)

Mirah

I love you
I just woke up from a dream where I was stuck in the upside down world.
I was trying to get back and didn't know how.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ask Barb for directions.

Mirah

I love you
It was the craziest thing ever.

I was in a hospital hallway with someone and suddenly the hallway began morphing and turning and the person's face became distorted for a moment and I was about to tell them that THEY were going into the underground/upside down world (I know that isn't how it exactly happened on the show)

So I was going to be the one to bring them out of it, and then I realized it was me that was in the upside down world. And then I freaked out.
I ran down the hall, everything was wonky. I started hitting people I passed in the hallway because I knew it didn't matter and I thought they were all monsters anyway.

I hid myself in a room and started baricading the door so nothing could get in. When I realized nothing was trying to get in I realized I had to go find a way out. So then I found myself in a hospital ward with lots of sick people-and some dying/hanging and other various horrors that I tried not to look at.

And then of course I woke up.

Mirah

I love you
The upside down world is nearby
It is so close

I was driving home after working in the theater tonight
and a street light at the school was flashing on and off
but it wasn't just flashing
it seemed like morse code.
I know I should have stopped and captured a video, or try to figure out the code, but I wanted to get home, so I kept driving.

CaptainWacky

Probably just aliens.

CaptainWacky

I hope he doesn't shout at people as much next season.

CaptainWacky

Mirah

I love you
I just re watched Stranger Things
I was thinking I had missed the new release and then I just kept watching anyway.
So.....It was March 22 when I was watching the scene where Will says his birthday is March 22
WOA
So I guess we have to wait until May.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

This starts tomorrow, but I won't watch any until the weekend because Obi-Wan has priority (and the high ground.)

Mirah

I love you
No no no no
There is a name
at the end of ep 4 that I am sure everyone else already knows about, but I did not and just seeing it gave me enough of the creepiness vibe for the night.
NOOOOOOOO!

CaptainWacky

I haven't watched any of it yet. The long runtimes are a bit daunting.

CaptainWacky

It took a while to get through the season because I don't really like watching more than two episodes of something in a row, and the extended runtime was a bit daunting. I did enjoy it overall. Some of the stories were better than others: the Hawkins stuff was the best part and didn't drag much. Sadie Sink was great in episode 4 and that whole ending scene was one of the best of the whole show. The Russia stuff dragged but at least had a decent ending. The Eleven stuff dragged too and the highly organised bullying campaign against her was a bit much. Mike is a dick. Didn't he used to be the main kid? Doesn't feel like it now! So yeah it was good but could have been shorter.

CaptainWacky

I enjoyed the final two episodes. They were probably still too long, but there was a lot going on and a lot of characters (but again, probably too many characters! You can bump Jonathan down to guest star, it's fine!) The big moments were very well done in terms of acting, visuals and music. The things that make up a tv show, basically! Sadie Sink is still the season's best performer but everyone's good (Mike is probably the weakest?) The Russia stuff was still not as good as the rest and it was all a bit convenient that they happened to do something that help at the exact right moment. Steve, Nancy and Robin were being choked by tentacles for like half an hour without dying so that's weird. I think they'll do a big time jump for the final season and it will start with Max coming out of her coma WITH A WARNING.

It's disappointing El didn't go back and fuck up that bully girl from the start of the season.

MODMAN

[SPOILERS]

Did Eddie remind anyone of Robert Downey Jr? I liked him - loved the Metallica solo.

I found Mike a bit annoying and aloof. Will. . . lol, that look of eagerness and verge-of-crying he maintained throughout the season was impressive. So Will is GAY - gay in the 1980's, no less. Please be careful of the AIDS when you start exploring your bits with other men, Will.

I do like Robin and the actress playing her. I'm glad she's making peanut butter sandwiches with her crush. I'm thinking given the look they exchanged in the gun shop the crush might also share the attraction, but is still in the closet / not fully in touch with her inner. . . you know what I mean.

Story threads coming together with some big answers were satisfying. Top marks for the brief flash of Wynonna cleavage - glad her and Hopper will finally be a thing.

Pretty solid stuff. I agree it dragged here and there but I can take it with this show - it still manages to tie together nicely.

So far as the upside down, do these reveals mean there was no intelligence before One entered the realm? Has One always been The Mind Flayer, or is that still a separate entity?