The Flash season 5

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Nora's kind of a dumb bitch to be an adult who's also a scientist.

Just like her Dad.
You'd be like that if you had been chipped and controlled your whole life. Nora's not their daughter, she's their pet dog or monkey at best. At worst a she's a drone or smartphone app.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Iris in that red dress omg.

CaptainWacky

They still didn't explain why the ice people split personalities are evil.

Cicada's acting is bad.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Deanna Troi of team flash!

I really don't like this version of Harrison. AND ALSO, why is Barry acting like there's no reason to be suspicious about Caitlin's dad? HE FLIP FLOPPED. Okay Caitlin's dad is half evil.

Finally, Killer Frost is back. SORT OF :rwmad:

The villain (I can't remember his name) that cicada killed awhile back was more interesting than cicada.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
The Deanna Troi of team flash!

I really don't like this version of Harrison. AND ALSO, why is Barry acting like there's no reason to be suspicious about Caitlin's dad? HE FLIP FLOPPED. Okay Caitlin's dad is half evil.

Finally, Killer Frost is back. SORT OF :rwmad:

The villain (I can't remember his name) that cicada killed awhile back was more interesting than cicada.
Gridlock.

CaptainWacky

If they use him I hope they do him better than Gotham where he's just a goon in a costume.

The Question

Eternal
What in the crisp, refreshing fuck is with the Flash writers going 1,000% overboard with daddy/daughter crap this season?

Dershocka

dershocka
The dude playing Cicada is a terrrible actor, but its still a good villain story wise. The manipulation from the doctor is a nice addition as well. I haven't watched Arrow or Legends at all this season, but i think Supergirl and Flash have had some strong villains this year. They're also very similar.. Maybe they'll meet during the elseworlds stuff.

Nora is an annoying, but it has helped more than hurt. The preview for the next episode looks interesting. Looks like we'll get to see the Thawne version of Wells again. The best version. They should really find a way to bring him back. I think they will.

I rewatched the first episode a few days ago, and was floored by how good it was. How good the first season was altogether. I miss the style, and pace of the first year. It wasn't too silly, but I wasn't a fan of the finale either. It had me all the way up to when Eddie shot himself, and destroyed all logic in the show from then on out.

The Question

Eternal
Nora was pretty effective at the start. But the absolutely unbelievable recurrence of daddy/daughter dynamics this season has completely oversaturated it to the point where every instance -- including Barry/Iris/Nora -- just comes off as a painfully obvious and self-referential trope at this point.

Seriously, let's line 'em up:

Barry/Nora
Cicada/Grace
Killer Frost/Icicle guy
Weather Dick/Weather Bint

What's really got me concerned is that they haven't done some Joe/Iris shit, and the fact they haven't makes me wonder if the actor playing Joe has cancer of the ass or something.

But I'm sure they'll get around to having Jessie show up so Sher-loque can go, "Aw haw haw, allo allo, I em not yer fah-zzair, aw haw haw, you see, Ah am Frawnsh you know, now speed ah-weh or Ah weel taunt you a second time-uh!"

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
At least Killer Frost is back.

CaptainWacky

The Question

Eternal
That whole thing, the impression I get is of Pauly Shore impersonating David Carradine. Badly.

Dershocka

dershocka
Well that last episode didn't disappoint. And, it seems I May have been on to something with my crazy theories. (Well, kinda) And, it was great seeing the Thawne Wells. As much as they throw logic out of the window when it comes to time travel I still find myself enjoying the episodes that feature it.

Kinda cheesed they played the same Elseworlds prologue as they did on Supergirl.

CaptainWacky

Yeah they managed to do the time travel thing without completely fucking up for once. Of course their plan didn't work because they never do. I wish it had though, Cicada's boring.

It's good that they remembered Nora writting in her journal in the weird language last season and looking kind of sinister. And an evil future Wells! Plus maybe Sherloque is actually Thrawne Wells in disguise (since he said the same "clever girl" thing about Nora.) So it's promising that we won't just have goofy Sherloque all season.

The Question

Eternal
Plus maybe Sherloque is actually Thrawne Wells in disguise (since he said the same "clever girl" thing about Nora.)

It's almost definitely Thawne, IMO, and yes, that's why. Come on, his French accent is fake AF. And if Team Flash can zip zap and zurp to alternate Earth's, so can Thawne, and it's not like it'd be the first time he embedded himself in a time/place he didn't belong.

Dershocka

dershocka
I think Sherloque is Thawne too. I think at the conclusion of the Legends season 2 he found a way to stay alive, and he's been hiding out waiting ever since. Or when he encounters her back in the season 1 past and realised he never makes it back to the future he began setting up contingency plans for survival. He's been using her to further alter the timeline for his benefit. Then he found a way to manipulate her in the future as well as the past in his Sherloque disguise. But Sherloque perceived shadiness or Thawne like behaviour could be a red herring for when the real Thawne officially rejoins the show. If he didn't still live the timeline wouldve changed forever after season 1. No, he's been alive and manipulating team Flash all this time.

CaptainWacky

I call him "Thrawne" because it sounds cooler, clearly.