The Flash season 5

The Question

Eternal
I'm there there's an Earth where he's a sea creature named Prawne.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OF COURSE IT'S GONNA BE THAWNE.

What's up with earth 90?

The Question

Eternal
There should be an invisible version of the Reverse Flash. Eobard Gawne.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The use of the Smallville theme song was great.

Elizabeth Tulloch was a very good Lois and Superman was good too. Maybe some day someone will make a Superman tv show or movie again!

The CGI during the big battle was terrible, but it was good silly fun anyway.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Just wait till the next episode, they have TOS level off stuntman to actor disconnect.

I watched all three in a row last night.

The smallville moment was class.

The Question

Eternal
The use of the Smallville theme song was great.

Elizabeth Tulloch was a very good Lois and Superman was good too. Maybe some day someone will make a Superman tv show or movie again!

The CGI during the big battle was terrible, but it was good silly fun anyway.

Makes me wonder if they're hinting at a future point at which all of the previous TV series' continuities are officially merged. I think the implication of the Smallville theme song was pretty clear -- that the Clark and Lois shown in the Arrowverse are meant to be the same (albeit recast) versions from Smallville, while the 1990 version of Barry Allen was meant to bring that show into Arrowverse canon as well.

The Question

Eternal
Needed way more '90s Flash. At least some closure, like... where the deliciously seasoned slow roasted fuck did he end up? Back on bombed-out-ass Earth 90? Why was Earth 90 Barry Allen the same age as, and physically identical to, Earth 1 Henry Allen and Earth 2 Jay Garrick?

Or... wait...

Are we supposed to assume that 20something Barry Allen looks like Grant Gustin but will age into John Wesley Shipp by age 63?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was cute! I'll definitely watch all the crossovers without Wacky telling me to. lol

CaptainWacky

DO AS YOU KNOW I WOULD TELL YOU TO DO.

The Question

Eternal
HOLY SHIT.

What if that's where Earth 1 Barry Allen disappears to in that "Crisis" from the Time Vault holo-newspaper? Remember it also has a headline that says, "Red Skies Vanish"?

uHoJf4D.jpg

He ended up going back in time to a different Earth to be their version of the "Earth 90 Flash" in that Earth's Elseworlds scenario.

Or, maybe that holo-newspaper is from Earth 90 and that is the Earth 90 Flash, not the Earth 1 Flash. (Granted, that's not the Earth 90 Flash derp-ass costume, but maybe sometime after the Earth 90 Flash series ended he got a better costume, but the Monitor's fuckery ruined it and he had to use an old costume for some reason. Note the chest emblem -- no border on it, so that's not the Earth 1 Flash costume, either.)

Also note the byline -- Evan Gibson instead of Iris West-Allen. Bet ya butt balls that's an Earth 90 newspaper.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was so convinced the vllian of the week was Clara Oswold that I didn't take much else in.

Either that or it was a dull episode.

CaptainWacky

It was really stupid how Barry ran out of an important court case TO CATCH A CAR THIEF. Just let the police deal with it! It's only a car! Or let Nora do it alone (it's only a car!)

Weather Witch was really cute though.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Barry wore the speed suit for 24 hours. I would have made them bring me a bed and some pajamas!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Also if his constant vibration was causing him to fall through the ground, why didnt that happen straight away? Its not like Nora grabbed him instantly.

The Question

Eternal
I was so convinced the vllian of the week was Clara Oswold that I didn't take much else in.

After Capaldi's run started, Clara Oswald pretty much had been rewritten into a villain. So your expectation was not out of line.

CaptainWacky

Also if his constant vibration was causing him to fall through the ground, why didnt that happen straight away? Its not like Nora grabbed him instantly.
The same reason Geordi and Ro didn't fall through the floor of the Enterprise.