Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It’s my go-to 20 minute comedy show when I’m short on time or mental energy. The whole cast is great and the stories are always good natured and funny.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'm still waiting for them to add season 5.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I watched IO. It’s a short story extended over an hour and a half, so quite plodding, but I liked it. There was a lot of guff about Greek mythology it didn’t need tho.

CaptainWacky

I saw that Io and Polar (especially Polar) got bad reviews so mentally reduced the probability of ever watching them, but I might still watch Io one day if nothing else is on and I'm in the mood.

CaptainWacky

The first season is the most consistent. Season two has ups and downs. Season three was a pretty satisfying ending.

Mirah

I love you
I started watching Russian Doll last night and today watched "Always a witch" Or "Siempre Bruja" if you aren't in the US.

Mirah

I love you
Brooklyn Nine-Nine -- funny cop show with Andy Samberg, Terry Crews and Andre Braugher, that was on Fox for years, then canceled and picked up by NBC last year.

I watched this a couple of times and like it. Andy's character also reminds me of someone I worked with, so sometimes It is annoying! :D

CaptainWacky

I've watched Russian Doll over the last couple of days (it's only eight, 25 minute long, episodes), it is very good and I would recommend it. Very well acted and full of twists and quite funny! Has a satisfying ending while leaving a lot of stuff unexplained and the possbility of further seasons.

Have also been watching Titans on the slower pace. Wasn't really sure of it at first, seemed a bit self consciously dark (they make sure to have the word "fuck" said several times an episode and it can feel forced) but I'm enjoying it a few episodes in. Characters are mostly good with the teenage girl and the alien woman (spoiler?) being the most interesting so far. Some good guest stars too, though it does have a habit of introducing characters then just moving on to new characters the next episode. I liked the "family" of assassins. I'll watch the whole season!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I’ve been watching Nightflyers the last few days. It’s a moody scifi show about an Earth ship sent out to make first contact with aliens. It’s based on a short story by GRRM and has a bit of a Sphere/Event Horizon feel. The reviews are terrible and I must admit the plot requires way too much suspension of disbelief at times, but the acting is decent and it looks fantastic. The design work is a feast for the eyes.

CaptainWacky

Is there enough story to fill a whole season?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yes, because there’s a crazy computer, lesbians, a psychic and alien contact. Oh and the main character is played by Sir Gawain from Merlin, though he’s so dour in this it took me a while to realise.

Love Child

One Love
So I turn on Netflix with the goal of watching a movie, maybe something serious and what pops up first is Netflix special Ken Jeong You Complete me Ho-stand up comedy series and I'm like, "No....I'm not clicking on that...I'm watching something serious I don't want to watch this....." and I'm watching, and it is pretty good.

CaptainWacky

I'll definitely watch this.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Looks awesome and like the Animatrix which is awesome.

CaptainWacky

I'M STILL GOING TO BUMP THE PRoPER THRADS SO CASSIE SEES.

(It's not a surprise.)