Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Have also been watching Titans on the slower pace. Wasn't really sure of it at first, seemed a bit self consciously dark (they make sure to have the word "fuck" said several times an episode and it can feel forced) but I'm enjoying it a few episodes in. Characters are mostly good with the teenage girl and the alien woman (spoiler?) being the most interesting so far. Some good guest stars too, though it does have a habit of introducing characters then just moving on to new characters the next episode. I liked the "family" of assassins. I'll watch the whole season!

It's pretty good. It was on the DC streaming service thing (whatever it's called) in America and you can tell it's aimed at comic fans because they reference a lot of stuff and talk about Batman a lot (without casting an actor as Batman.) I can see how someone who isn't a nerd could find this annoying as they'd wonder why they spend so much time talking about Batman but we only ever see a stuntman in the Batsuit. It also doesn't feel like a complete season with where it cuts off. They actually shot a season finale but FOR SOME REASON kept it back for season two, so season one ends on an episode that's completely inappropriate as a season ender. It's a weird choice! But it's a perfectly good comic book show, the cast are good and they get to say "fuck" a lot.

CaptainWacky

This is going to be such a mess lol.

(Of course I'll watch it.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ I was going to post a similar thought but I never hit Post. I'm kinda done with 1) dystopian futures 2) alternate dimension/realities.

Either create a fresh universe, or give me the scifi/fantasy family down the street. It's amazing how writers/studios are so turned off by our current reality that they are steering clear of it in droves. I understand the impulse, but we're in overload now.

CaptainWacky

I don't remember anything about alternate dimensions in season one. Then again I don't remember much besides the dancing and her being blind then not blind and it never being explained.

Love Child

One Love
There needs to be a show about a dog sitter.
A girl who goes from house to house and watches their animals and she eventually meets a guy who does the same thing and they form a group and pretty soon they have a business and every episode is just a new adventure of animal sitting.

Love Child

One Love
I accidently watched all of Good Girls tonight. I was being sort of pissy that I am waiting on so many shows that I started a new one-AND WATCHED ALL OF IT! So NOW I AM WAITING ON ANOTHER ONE! THAT MAKES 5! 5 totall shows I am waiting on-I haven't actually counted but I am sure it is that many.

CaptainWacky

That's still not enough!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I watched the first Umbrella... um, Collective? Society? Thing.

It’s an intriguing start. Certainly looks good. The gay guy (Klaus) is like a stereotype from 10 years ago mixed with Jack Sparrow. Go away.

I like the chimp.

I don’t really know what it’s about yet.

Love Child

One Love
I am watching Total Bellas on Hulu.
2016 Season 1 Ep 1
Wrestlers and
Nicki and Brie Bella
John Cena
Daniel Bryan-cool shots from Seattle when he had announced the ending of his career
Kathy Colace engaged John Laurinaitis

Brie and Bryan move in with Nicki and John as Nicki recovers from surgery.

CaptainWacky

I could give you spoilers!

CaptainWacky

I'll definitely watch this.

It's definitely a mixed bag. Some are disappointingly juvenile. Like the animators were thinking "we can do 3D models now! We can make anything! Let's make...A NAKED WOMAN! And GORE! And naked woman gore!" Luckily they're all pretty short (I don't think there's any over twenty minutes) so if there's a bad one you don't have to wait long for it to be over. And some are really good: "Good Hunting" was probably my favourite, "Zima Blue" was strong too and "Ice Age" was fun and I can't remember all the names but they're were definitely some fun ones. So yeah it's worth watching if you liked the ttrailer but you definitely won't like every episode (unless you do!)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No, I don’t like every episode. The first two were pretty good, though the first one had an anti-man thing which was trying to be really current, but came off kind of old fashioned. Men are dumb and women are strong and shouldn’t be viewed as sex objects. Er... having their tits out is a sign of empowerment!

It’s good on the whole, though. I love the exploration of different art styles and worlds. I hope we see more anthology shows.

CaptainWacky

No, I don’t like every episode. The first two were pretty good, though the first one had an anti-man thing which was trying to be really current, but came off kind of old fashioned. Men are dumb and women are strong and shouldn’t be viewed as sex objects. Er... having their tits out is a sign of empowerment!

It’s good on the whole, though. I love the exploration of different art styles and worlds. I hope we see more anthology shows.

The first episode was a really weird choice for a first episode and could have put me off (if I didn't know it was an anthology.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Watched first episode of cukoo, not keen on Andy Sandberg being a douch bag rather than a lovable nerd.