Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I've been watching Psycho Pass the last few days and really enjoying it. It's an anime following police cops in a Minority Report style future, where someone's potential for committing a crime is enough to arrest or even execute them. One detective resists this black and white view of criminality. It's a very stylish show, with above average character development and voice acting.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I guess I'll watch it then!

I DON'T DO ANIME.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Give it a go. The episodes are only about 20 minutes each.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Kimmy Schmidt thing was trending on twitter for a couple days and tumblr is already blogging gifs from it. IT MUST BE GOOD.

CaptainWacky

Give it a go. The episodes are only about 20 minutes each.

I'll add it to My List JUST FOR YOU.

Remember when I asked SAUSAGEMAN in chat if I should watch Pretty Little Liars but he didn't reply so I just forgot about it and will probably never watch it now?

CaptainWacky

12252.imgcache.gif

CaptainWacky

I've watched the first five episodes of Kimmy Schmidt I like it.

Females are strong as Hell.

CaptainWacky

I've watched all of Kimmy Schmidt. I like it. I'd recommend it! Unless you hate things that are really silly. Because it's silly as fuck!

CaptainWacky

It's not on Netflix.

CaptainWacky

Bojack Horseman season 2 is coming July 17th!

[youtube]5sGsBoX6vUo[/youtube]

CaptainWacky

I finished the seaon. It was very good! As good as the first season, if not better. What makes it standout is how much care they take with all the characters. Like they're written better than characters in most live action shows. Everone stays in character and doesn't randomly change for the purposes of a wacky plot (and there are som wacky plots!) And I actually cared about what happened to them! The voice acting is also TOP NOTCH from everyone. I don't know if animated shows win acting awards but maybe they should. Also even though there's lots of famous names guest starring (I saw Tatiana Maslany's name once!) it's never distracting as they all play characters rather than being "look, it's a famous person!" Even Ricky Gervais was fine (in a small role.)

But of course even with all the drama it is very funny! I wish I'd written down some of the lines as I watched to quote because there were some very funny and clever lines. And all the background gags and the signs and animals doing animal stuff. And the Toddfoolery.

So yes this is a great show everyone should watch. The only problem is that it only takes a couple of days to watch then you have to wait a year for next season.

CaptainWacky

Is "Narcos" worth watching?

Is "Wet Hot American Summer" worth watching?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't know about those two, but I did watch something that's almost worth recommending because of how odd it was.

A movie called Coherence, which starred Nicholas Brendon as a washed up actor who played a main character in Roswell and is now having problems with alcohol and drugs. The actual plot of the movie is that a bunch of friends are having a dinner party as an asteroid passes close to Earth, and this results in odd goings on. It's ooh kaaay movie, but it was made a lot more interesting by the totally on the nose casting of Nicholas Brendon.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Sort of like casting Michael Keaton in Birdman. Only with no budget, brilliant visuals, or wit.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yes, although in this case it may be because his character really is Nicholas Brendon, but from another dimension. FWIW.