What's the difference between Chuckie and a Pizza?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I worked part time, so I'll probably get like 850 a week. Thank God. My wife and I are safe. I know my rehire date is may 1st (LOL) like thats going to happen. We're about to witness a real time holocaust in NYC that we've never seen before. Stay tuned, as they say. Hopefully the sick won't become walking dead and flood new england to try to stay safe. Holy shit.

Oerdin

Senate finally passed it today after a week of fucking about. It appears public pressure finally got them to act.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Blackfoot's so dumb, he once put a quarter into a parking meter, and then waited an hour for a gumball to come out.

The Question

Eternal
Probably people like me, on Social Security Disability, will get nothing extra. Which is fine.

The Question

Eternal
Blackfoot's so dumb, he read the sign in a Taco Bell restroom that said, "Employees Must Wash Hands", so stood around in there for an hour, waiting for an employee.

jack

Why could Blackfoot never be an astronaut?

His lips explode after 50,000 feet!

Oerdin

Probably people like me, on Social Security Disability, will get nothing extra. Which is fine.

As long as you file taxes at the end ofthe year then you will get $1200 as a single adult with no children. I filed my 2019income taxes today and will be getting a nice tax return (first year joint filing plus claiming my step son) plus an additional $2900 on top. My wife didn’t work last year as we only got married in May and she didn’t officially get her work authorization green card until November of last year. I still managed to get just under $10,000 back in total or will in the next few weeks.

The Question

Eternal
I filled today as well, but am I to understand that the stim checks go out in a few weeks or so and you have until July to get them your paperwork, or else? For people who can’t e-file, the alternative is a world of hurt.

Oerdin

They only know to give you a check if you file a tax return. If you haven’t filed a tax return for 2019 then they will use your 2018 info but if you didn’t or don’t (depending on if we are talking about the 2018 or the coming 2019 tax years) file it for direct deposit then they will mail a check to wherever your 2018 residence was. If you moved since 2018 then you’d better file your 2019 ASAP.

BTW you can email your federal tax return for free and the H&R Block software gives you something like 10 free e-filings with the purchase of the software.

The Question

Eternal
If I’ve read it right, and I think I have, the backup plan for my situation is they direct deposit into the same account your Disability benefits go into

The Question

Eternal
What’s the difference between Blackfoot and a bag of vomit?

No, really, I’m askin’...

jack

If I’ve read it right, and I think I have, the backup plan for my situation is they direct deposit into the same account your Disability benefits go into

I think you still may qualify for the 1200 one time check and the 600 a week for 4 months. Make some phone calls after the dust settles

The Question

Eternal
I think you still may qualify for the 1200 one time check and the 600 a week for 4 months. Make some phone calls after the dust settles

The first one, maybe. I hope. Right now I've got $1.50 to my name and I'm trying to decide whether it's even worth it to walk a mile for a Cup O' Noodles. As for the $600/week, I don't think I'll get that; I believe that's Unemployment, and I've been on Disability since 2005 (I know, some are probably thinking "Die faster, ya fuckin' leech! Die faster!" lol) so no dice there I'm afraid.

jack

That's correct. Don't worry about the timing, Donnie's still trying to get around the limits of the bill so shit will likely get held up til he quiets down.

Oerdin

The first one, maybe. I hope. Right now I've got $1.50 to my name and I'm trying to decide whether it's even worth it to walk a mile for a Cup O' Noodles. As for the $600/week, I don't think I'll get that; I believe that's Unemployment, and I've been on Disability since 2005 (I know, some are probably thinking "Die faster, ya fuckin' leech! Die faster!" lol) so no dice there I'm afraid.

you won’t get UI as you would have to have had earned income from a job for at least two of the last four quarters. Maybe if you declared any free lance work you might qualify.

Jack: the $600 per week is on top of the regular UI amount an unemployed person would be getting. So in California the usual max amount is $450 per week but that now becomes $1050 per week or $4200 per month for four months.

Oerdin

Hell, if you really only have $1.50 to your name collect some tin cans, plastic bottles, and glass bottles. I know a lady, former neighbor, and she’d easily make $80 per week doing that. All while working 40-50 hours per week. The extra money comes out to be like $320 a month which is a decent car payment right there.

If you have even a tiny yard a garden can help. Look into vertical gardening to see how much you can get out of a tiny space.

The Question

Eternal
Hell, if you really only have $1.50 to your name collect some tin cans, plastic bottles, and glass bottles. I know a lady, former neighbor, and she’d easily make $80 per week doing that. All while working 40-50 hours per week. The extra money comes out to be like $320 a month which is a decent car payment right there.

If you have even a tiny yard a garden can help. Look into vertical gardening to see how much you can get out of a tiny space.

Neither is an option here. No places to turn in bottles or cans here, and I'm in a 1950s-era hotel room that's being leased as a "studio apartment." Parking lot of this place isn't even paved. All I can do is what I am doing, which is yielding a 0.0% return on investment, and that is stuffing a web site full of reading material and hoping people either donate or hop on the associated Patreon. Neither is happening yet.

Oerdin

Maybe invest in a camera and start a YouTube channel? It usually starts slow but some of those guys are making millions just uploading videos.