What's the difference between Chuckie and a Pizza?

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, I could go for one myself. We only have two pizza joints in town, though, Pizza Slut and Little Seizures, neither of which is all that great.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
We have great pizza in our little town. "Piecasso's" is Manhattan style thin crust, and then there's a little pop up cart that appears here and there that does the most fabulous deep dish pizza's. Finally, right next door is the best wood fired style you could ask for.

The Question

Eternal
See, that's the down side of a little podunk town like this: there's barely anything here. Tempe had everything you could want, and plenty of it.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
How small is your town? The one I live in doesn't even have four thousand people, and we still have two pizza places, an ice cream shop, a Chinese restaurant, and a hoagie place.

The Question

Eternal
Roughly 5,000-ish people. It's on Route 66, so most of the businesses here were dependent on the "mother road" to stay afloat. This town's been in steady decline since the freeways came in, now it's mostly nostalgia tourism keeping it from dying out.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
One day, Blackfoot won a ticket to Vegas. When he got there, he walked into a locker room that has a magic mirror that devours anyone who tells a lie in front of it. He decided to give it a shot, and stood behind two other men who were also willing to try it out. The first man is morbidly obese, an absolute lardass. He steps up to the mirror, and says "I think I'm the skinniest man in the world!" Instantly a mouth forms on the mirror, and swallows the fat man in a single, audible "Gulp!".

The second man walks up to the mirror, and this guy is absolutely hideous. He looks like one of the Hillbillies from "Deliverance", if he fell into the same vat of toxic waste that Emil fell into in "Robocop". The second man looks in the mirror, and says "I think I'm the most handsome man in the world!"
"Gulp!" The mirror devours him, too.

So finally, it's Blackfoot's turn. He sits in front of the mirror, ready to say whatever he needs to say.
"I think-"
"Gulp!"

jack

Wow everyone that works is getting a stimulus check and lots of extra unemployment!

Guess that leaves Blackfoot out, since he hasn't worked a job in years :D

Oerdin

Yeah, I could go for one myself. We only have two pizza joints in town, though, Pizza Slut and Little Seizures, neither of which is all that great.
Believe it or not some of the fresh (not frozen) pizzas sold at grocery stores are pretty good. Especially if you have a pizza Stone to put in the oven.

I mean, they aren’t the world’s best or anything but they are a decent option sold at a fair price.

Oerdin

Wow everyone that works is getting a stimulus check and lots of extra unemployment!

Guess that leaves Blackfoot out, since he hasn't worked a job in years :D

They are talking $1200 per adult, $500 per child, and four month of unemployment at $600 per week. Not great but not terrible either. Hell, file your taxes while you are at it and that should net you a few grand more.

The Question

Eternal
Believe it or not some of the fresh (not frozen) pizzas sold at grocery stores are pretty good. Especially if you have a pizza Stone to put in the oven.

I mean, they aren’t the world’s best or anything but they are a decent option sold at a fair price.

I don't even have an oven, let alone a pizza stone.

The Question

Eternal
They are talking $1200 per adult, $500 per child, and four month of unemployment at $600 per week. Not great but not terrible either. Hell, file your taxes while you are at it and that should net you a few grand more.

I'm on Disability, have been since 2005 since I'm going blind. I don't get shit. As usual. I don't even get the money I fucking do the work to earn.

I mean, that's the deal, right? That's the "social contract" isn't it? Do the work, you get paid, you're a productive member of society, all that hot horse shit, right? Well, I do the work, and I still get fucked by flakey-ass skinflint fuckers who then just don't pay me. Nice. Real fine fucking joke.

And even still, even when I get treated like this, I don't believe in welfare and that shit. I may have to use it, but that doesn't obligate me to think it's fair or right. Even as I get fucked raw in the ass by fuckers who don't pay their fucking invoices.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Even if your a non essential state worker getting paid time off?

jack

You cant file for unemployment til the paid time off stops. Mine ends tomorrow so I'll be filing monday since the gym will be closed at least til the 15th of April. They're still squabbling over the 600 a week last I read. But it makes me smile that Blackfoot gets nuffin :bigass:

jack

What does Blackfoot do during the coronavirus epidemic?

What he always does...nothing of value.

Oerdin

I'm on Disability, have been since 2005 since I'm going blind. I don't get shit. As usual. I don't even get the money I fucking do the work to earn.

I mean, that's the deal, right? That's the "social contract" isn't it? Do the work, you get paid, you're a productive member of society, all that hot horse shit, right? Well, I do the work, and I still get fucked by flakey-ass skinflint fuckers who then just don't pay me. Nice. Real fine fucking joke.

And even still, even when I get treated like this, I don't believe in welfare and that shit. I may have to use it, but that doesn't obligate me to think it's fair or right. Even as I get fucked raw in the ass by fuckers who don't pay their fucking invoices.

That sounds pretty sucky. Maybe try online work for a different employer who actually does pay? Were you ever in the service? I ask because you can get a no service connected disability pension (tops out around $1200 per month) as well as VASH (VA subsidized Housing). I know several people who have done this. Alternatively, you can apply for a service connected disability claim, I did this and although it took two fucking years for them to complete it at the end of the day it is a nice tax free side payment which you are entitled to if you have a service connected claim.

Oerdin

I am not sure as the bill only passed the Senate yesterday at around 11pm. The stimulus checks are for everyone no matter what as long as they file taxes; that is a free $1200 per adult and $500 per child. Here in CA unemployment usually tops out at $450 per week but, supposedly, the new bill ups that by $600 per week for a max of $1050 per week.

Who qualifies for unemployment payments is different in each state so take the time to find out if you qualify because $4200 per month to sit at home and watch tv (for four month) is fairly decent and should get you through the mandatory shut down.

The Question

Eternal
That sounds pretty sucky. Maybe try online work for a different employer who actually does pay? Were you ever in the service? I ask because you can get a no service connected disability pension (tops out around $1200 per month) as well as VASH (VA subsidized Housing). I know several people who have done this. Alternatively, you can apply for a service connected disability claim, I did this and although it took two fucking years for them to complete it at the end of the day it is a nice tax free side payment which you are entitled to if you have a service connected claim.

Good advice, but no joy for me. My visual disability rendered me 4F, though I did at least try to join.

jack

I just filed and got accepted, so we'll see what actually happens now. My employer promised to rehire me as soon as it was safe. I haven't been on unemployment in fucking years.

Oerdin

Ok, update, they didn’t actually pass it in the Senate last night so politicians are still ducking around on this one. Last I heard the cash payout remained the same and the wording was still plus $600 per week on the max UI weekly benefit amount. So in California $1050 per week.