Wrestling?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ryan Satin says Sasha and Bayley lay on the floor for hours to protest their loss, or something. But he's a dick so who knows.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

(It's Punk.)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I knew he would be back eventually. Finally got tired of being beaten up in the MMA world. Wonder where he will end up (if he wants another run)

CaptainWacky

He's apparently done this before, on very small shows promoted by friends of his. Probably doesn't mean he's coming back (and that GTS was sloppy!)

OR WILL HE BE ON RAW THIS WEEK AS STEPHANIE'S NEW MYSTERY MAN!?!

CaptainWacky

Yeah all those absent talents like Roman who...wait he came back and the ratings are still dropping...

CaptainWacky

The update on Harper is that Vince McMahon, in writing, told him he wouldn’t release him.

He was earmarked to work a program with Zayn after Mania, but the decision was made not to do it. One person close to the situation told us that he needs to get out because they made a call that they weren’t going to use him after Vince saw him in his return. Vince said that he didn’t “get him” and complained that he couldn’t even do a Southern accent (that was from them wanting him to do a Southern accent four years ago). He was regularly pitching ideas when he was out with an injury and they turned down every pitch.

He wasn’t booked anywhere after being cleared but Fan Axxess, and then Vince McMahon out of the blue wanted to know why he wasn’t in the Battle Royal, so that’s why he was put in at the last minute. Apparently the end was a mess as Strowman forgot his spots, which is one of the reasons Strowman hasn’t done much since winning. He was booked to start the Zayn program the day after Mania, but was then told after Mania he wasn’t needed for TV. So he went home, but then was called to comeback on Tuesday for a match with EC 3. He was basically used as the opponent to test out the EC 3 and Maverick pairing as wrestler/manager. The agents set up a bunch of manager spots in the match. Vince then watched it and said he hated the manager spots.

The creative meeting the day of the draft when it was asked about which brand Harper would be on, Vince said how the guy can’t even do a Southern accent, said the match with EC 3 was bad, so they didn’t put him with either brand and that’s when he asked for his release.

HE CAN'T EVEN DO A SOUTHERN ACCENT, PAL!

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

I watched Double or Nothing. It was a great show. Every match was very good to great.

The battle royal at the start was probably the worst match because it was a bit of a clusterfuck and the production was messy at times. But even that was entertaining!

Good to see Awesome Kong even though she didn't do much in the ring. Britt Baker and Fake Bayley both seemed like good bets for first women's champion.

The tag match with the Best Friends and the other guys maybe went on a bit long but they had time to fill with Pac/Page being cancelled. Jack Evens does some crazy shit.

Love the six women tag! Some great action and I love seeing Japanese women's wrestling on the big stage. Riho is a cutie.

Cody/Dustin was great with the emotion and the tons of blood. Dustin gave it his all at 50.

Young Bucks/Lucha Bros was what it needed to be. Yes they kicked out of too much stuff but it's the first ppv and they needed to show the incredible action they're capable of.

Jericho/Omage was good. They (well, Jericho) did botch a bit at the end. And I'm not sure I'd have had Jericho win, but he does have to win sometimes I guess so that he's not just a fat joke. His new elbow finisher was funny. I'm sure Kenny will be fine. Moxley's debut felt like a big deal because he was a huge star in WWE just a few months ago.

THE WRESTLING WAR IS ON

Last edited:

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It was a solid show, I agree with everything you said. Yes, the production was sloppy at times, and there was a bit too much botching in general but considering this is the first big show I think it was a pretty good success. Moxley really did feel like a big deal, and the biggest "fuck you" to WWE (Yes, more than Cody smashing Triple H's cringe throne)

It just made all the jobbing out he was doing on TV before he left to feel all the more sweeter. They can book you into the ground on their own program but it's not going to carry over any more.

Is it actual competition for WWE? I'd say for sure, but they still need to hit the ground running with the weekly TV show, which again, is a totally different animal from a one-off big event.

CaptainWacky

The best thing was that it felt like a proper ppv event, like a big WWE show woud. Like you say it all depends on tv now, but if they can make it feel as fresh and big as this show then we've got a wrestling war going on!

AOC is All In.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Another great NXT Takeover last night!

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Moxley thinks because he beat up a Japanese guy he gets to keep him.

CaptainWacky

She's a Cutie McDuck but I saw that bump she took into the trunbuckles from a Bayley sunset flip...another concussion. :(