Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I WATCHED THAT.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It would have made literaly no sense to you. :(

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah, but I was curious anyway. I wanted to see how it's changed since the days when I was exposed to it (when Cyndi Lauper included it in her act)

CaptainWacky

WWE announces the launch of the WWE Network at last.

By Josh Nason

It's official -- the WWE Network is coming, set to launch on Monday, February 24th. The world's largest pro wrestling organization made the presentation Wednesday night at the annual CES event in Las Vegas, NV.

Here are the big highlights:

- The network will be $9.99/month with a six-month commitment. Fans can sign up for a one-week free trial starting on Feb. 24th at 9 AM EST. It officially launches with the RAW post-show at 11:05 PM EST that night.

- All 12 WWE pay-per-views will move to the network, starting with Wrestlemania 30.

- All past WWE, WCW, and ECW pay-per-views will be available on-demand.

- The network will feature original shows like Legend House (reality show featuring retired wrestlers), Wrestlemania Rewind (looking back at specific matches), Countdown (a rankings/list-style show), Monday Night War: WWE vs. WCW, and more. Legends House begins in April.

- NXT and Superstars will be on the network.

- 30-minute pre and post shows for RAW and Smackdown will be part of the network, and a daily live studio show will also launch.

- In total, over 1500 hours of video on demand will be available at launch, including encore airings of RAW, Smackdown, and Main Events. Classic matches "uncut and uncensored" will also be available.

- The network will be available on all devices like PS3, Xbox 360, Roku, smartphones, desktops, laptops, and more. Coming soon: Xbox One, select smart TVs and more.

- Using the WWE app, fans will have access to a second screen experience for live events and original shows.

- WWE will sell a limited amount of sponsorship and ads. Most shows will air commercial free.

- MLB Advanced Media will help power the network, including video stream infrastructure, app development and operational support. They count ESPN as one of their clients. As someone that works in Internet performance, this is a great partnership.

- The network will not immediately be available around the world, and is scheduled to launch in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics by the end of 2014 to early 2015.

The presentation featured Steve Austin, Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Shawn Michaels, Michael Cole, and several key office personnel discussing the Network. Social media reaction was extremely positive, and the overwhelming consensus was that the network already blows the UFC Fight Pass offering in its current state away.

Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez are in Las Vegas and attended the presentation. Tune into Wrestling Observer Radio later tonight for more insight and details.

$10 a month for all that content is a pretty great deal (not in the UK yet though.)

CaptainWacky

10505.imgcache.gif

CaptainWacky

[video=youtube_share;up8f8KdqrpA]http://youtu.be/up8f8KdqrpA[/video]

CaptainWacky

CM Punk walked out again. For real this time.

CaptainWacky

[video=youtube_share;nOSitBxpTWg]http://youtu.be/nOSitBxpTWg[/video]

CaptainWacky

[youtube]XvkRuUwNrMk[/youtube]

CaptainWacky

I would advise anyone with an interest in current WWE to download the NXT Arrival show (or watch it on the Network lol.)

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
A friend posted it on their Facebook page today. I blubbered through most of it. What they all did for that kid was brilliant.

CaptainWacky

WWE suffered a huge stock market crash, investors are calling for a hostile takeover.

--As of the market close, the stock finished at $11.27 per share. It steadied after bottoming out at $10.55 early in the day. The single day volume was almost 41 million shares trading hands. Keep in mind that an average day is probably a million shares. More important, there are probably around 47 million publicly traded shares in total. That doesn't mean everyone sold, because the same shares in many cases were sold multiple times. But it's beyond a frenzy. That's not good in the sense even at this price there hasn't been a substantial buy back. The stock is now undervalued, but they overpromised and they lost Wall Street's confidence.

--This is not the pub they want. Lemelson Capital has bought back into the stock at the new low price, but has called on the Board of Directors to make the move to replace the executive management team because of consistent money losses (read the May 12 Observer for actual details of actual spending vs. revenue), execution issues and material misstatements. The last one really hurt. They bought in but said in their belief, the fair value of the stock is $8.25 to $11.88. They were most upset that if the network does reach 1 million paid subscribers by the end of the year, the company will lose between $45 million and $52 million this year.

--Emmanuel Lemelson, CIO of the company, said, "This follows what we believe to be material misrepresentation by the company about both the performance and operating profit model of its WWE network, which the company was wrongly labeled a home run." Lemelson Capital told WWE that they should either replace the executive management team, or look to sell the business.

Vince McMahon has personally lost $357 million in one day. Which must be annoying!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
There must be massive mis-management if they are losing money, with all the network and PPV TV deals they have in place.

CaptainWacky

It seems to be because they told investors that their revenue from tv rights fees were going to go up by 300%, but when they finally made the new deals they only went up by 33%. It's hard to spin that as a positive.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
So...they're idiots.

CaptainWacky

If you're going to invest in a wrestling company you should remember that wrestling is built on lies!

CaptainWacky

[video=youtube_share;x7LOh_Zx0y0]http://youtu.be/x7LOh_Zx0y0[/video]

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
YOU IN THE FRUITY JACKET! SPEAK UP!