A gay marriage proposal...

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
The thing about discrimination is that it isn't universally banned or anything. It just requires that compelling reasons be demonstrated. So for instance if you run a shelter for battered women, you can restrict hiring to women (for certain positions). Or you can require 20 years of experience for a position, even if that means you are necessarily discriminating based on age (not many 20 year olds will have 20 years experience). My last job required I be able to drive. That would necessarily discriminate against certain people with handicaps. Senior Housing is allowed to not only discriminate based on age, but also familial status (no children - under Title VIII of the 1968 Civil Rights Act familial status is a protected class). Etc. Etc. Etc.

When it comes to gay marriage the states were not able to demonstrate to the courts a compelling enough argument for the discrimination.

So in terms of incest the question is does the state have a compelling enough reason to ban it? I'm not sure. They are such an edge case that I've never really looked into it. Honestly, except for the odd Florida news story (the fact that they make national news is a demonstration of their rareness) you only hear about them in this very circumstance (debating marriage equality with an opponent).

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

The Question

Eternal
So I see Jack's move is complete. And another blue dot has appeared on the map of somebody's neighborhood.

jack

So I see Jack's move is complete. And another blue dot has appeared on the map of somebody's neighborhood.

Speaking of that you fix those frames yet, or are you still doing selfies with the broken pair?

The Question

Eternal
I am pleased and amused by your desperate bid to change the subject, ChoGnome.

jack

So then, they're still broken?

Figures.

The Question

Eternal
Poo frig piss motherfucker turd jizzmopper. Turd bollix bollocks twot fuck turd. Minge turd fuckstick minge twot motherfucker turd cunt bastard cock. Bollix fuck jizzmopper cumbubble twathole twot shit wanker twat. Ballbag turd twat fuck bollix wee turd twot. Jizzmopper ballbag ballbag arse twat wee cunt. Ballbag fucker ballbag minge twathole wee cock arse cumbubble. Bugger bastard bollix twot cunt ballbag bugger cunt shit cumbubble. Cunt cock shit cunt shit twat motherfucker jizzmopper cumbubble. Twathole poo cumbubble cock piss wee bollix.

Frig turd cumbubble cock wanker cumbubble fucker cumbubble jizzmopper jizzmopper. Fuckstick fuck wee arse motherfucker thundercunt. Ballbag fuckstick twathole minge thundercunt bloody shit. Turd poo minge ballbag bollix dick cumbubble bloody. Fucker motherfucker turd minge wee jizz. Twathole asshole thundercunt bollix bugger shit bollix piss motherfucker frig. Jizzmopper twat cumbubble bastard fuck cock minge. Piss dick wanker cock piss cunt fucker cock wanker twot. Arse dick motherfucker shit bollix poo frig motherfucker twat minge. Cumbubble jizz twot wee wanker motherfucker asshole minge twat cunt.

Bollix motherfucker bollocks asshole bastard bastard. Ballbag cock frig piss jizz bastard cumbubble bloody twat ballbag. Motherfucker thundercunt jizzmopper bastard fuckstick fuckstick poo cock minge. Poo asshole jizzmopper bollix asshole twathole. Shit motherfucker twat thundercunt twathole cumbubble poo fuck dick motherfucker shit. Bloody wee shit bloody wanker wanker twathole turd wee arse. Motherfucker twathole twathole poo bollix asshole cock jizz. Cock fuckstick bloody twot thundercunt piss fuckstick shit fucker. Wee jizz turd asshole bugger cock turd. Fuckstick frig fuck cunt bugger bloody asshole twot.

Shit arse asshole jizz bloody dick fuckstick bugger bollocks thundercunt. Frig asshole ballbag twathole dick ballbag. Twat minge wanker jizzmopper twat bloody. Fuck thundercunt cock fuckstick piss twot bugger. Cock fuckstick bloody shit bollocks cumbubble ballbag motherfucker. Jizzmopper twat minge turd arse jizzmopper thundercunt bloody fucker. Poo fuckstick asshole turd poo ballbag cunt. Jizzmopper frig fucker twathole thundercunt dick cock. Fuck thundercunt fucker wee arse poo thundercunt. Shit twot arse wee cumbubble twot motherfucker motherfucker.

Asshole poo wanker asshole bollocks twathole minge fucker. Fuck bugger arse arse arse arse. Fuckstick thundercunt twot cock twat cock. Fuck cumbubble minge poo asshole jizzmopper. Fuckstick asshole wee bloody wee bastard minge cock piss twathole bastard. Turd turd twat twathole bloody bugger shit turd bollix turd piss. Bloody bastard poo bollix thundercunt jizz cunt fucker thundercunt. Turd cock cunt fuckstick cunt cock cock. Piss bloody bloody bugger wanker jizzmopper wanker twathole bloody cumbubble asshole. Twot bollocks turd shit shit jizzmopper poo twathole motherfucker bollix turd.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Well, I did get led down the rabbit hole from my initial point. It's OK. I didn't think anyone would go for it. But I'll revisit it:

A pretty substantial chunk of the American public is opposed to gay marriage. Oh, sure you can trot out polls, but when the rubber meets the road and it comes down to voting, the majority of people vote to ban gay marriage. So then the courts overturn the will of the people and give gays what they want. Unless you've got a Kentucky County Clerk willing to stand her ground.

So why try to find a compromise? Why not use funds from marriage license fees to try to find a cure for homosexuality? We try to cure other mental disorders. Why not this one? And where's the harm? Even if there is no cure as I'm sure someone will argue, it would create jobs. Otherwise the government will just give it to hobos to spend on meth or demand to inspect the pond on your property so they can pollute it with millions of tons of dangerous heavy metals.

And if they DO find a cure, thanks to gay marriage licenses, they'll have a handy registry of people to cure. It sounds like win-win all 'round.

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, but it's only genetic when somebody condemns it as a lifestyle that shouldn't be passed down to adopted kids. Then it's just who they are.

Start talking about a cure, though, and then you're a bigot for being judgmental about their lifestyle. See the problem?

jack

LOL @ "cure for homosexuality". Please explain how homosexuality is a "mental disorder" Volpone?

The Question

Eternal
The same way any mental disorder is a mental disorder, presumably. Just because you are crazy, Jack, that doesn't mean you're knowledgeable about crazy.

jack

I was speaking to Volpone, kindly step back and let him/her answer. I already know what you think.

btw Volpone, you're statement on majority is incorrect, at least according to one of the best measures of majorities:

In Pew Research polling in 2001, Americans opposed same-sex marriage by a 57% to 35% margin.

Since then, support for same-sex marriage has steadily grown. Based on polling in 2015, a majority of Americans (55%) support same-sex marriage, compared with 39% who oppose it.

The Question

Eternal
Jack said:
I already know what you think.

Then why did you post when you already knew you'd be wrong? :joker:

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
LOL @ "cure for homosexuality". Please explain how homosexuality is a "mental disorder" Volpone?
Would you agree that, in order to carry on the human species, people need to reproduce?

jack

Would you agree that, in order to carry on the human species, people need to reproduce?

Sure, but then you're talking about reproduction not sexuality.