All Things SNL

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Charli XCX's clothes pulled out too.

Mirah

I love you
I just got done watching the Christmas Special with Paul Rudd, Tina Fey, Tom Hanks, Michael Che and Kenan Thompson and 2 musicians on the stage, one on keyboards and one on Sax.
I have to say
I'm afraid
I'm very afraid
I think something else is going on
Eggs, what do you know?
Something has happened in New York! No one is saying anything. Something about green slime and green slime monsters taking over. I am sure of it. In fact I am pretty sure that one of them just had a cell phone up as thier camera.
Or it was like some kind of wierd SNL Staff Survivor Island and Kenan and Che were the only ones left.
I don't think its Covid anymore.
I think there is something else wrong
something very
very
wrong
and it all began with those damn socks!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
One thing I read today that I don't remember seeing yesterday was that four ACTORS tested positive, which is what made them sent everyone home.

No wonder they were all skittish on stage, they were thinking they could test positive any day now too...

And the show hasn't said who tested positive yet.

Mirah

I love you
I'm not crying because I am watching a re-airing of S35 E21 hosted by Betty White on May 8 2010
I'm crying because 2010 was so different than where we are now.
When she hosted and talked about FB poking was still a thing. I have a hard time believing it was that long ago that she hosted, she was just 88.
She hosted because the people requested it and it was the best decision Lorne Michaels made!

Also....does anyone suspect that Kenan Thompson will be the new Lorne someday????

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I'm not crying because I am watching a re-airing of S35 E21 hosted by Betty White on May 8 2010
I'm crying because 2010 was so different than where we are now.
When she hosted and talked about FB poking was still a thing. I have a hard time believing it was that long ago that she hosted, she was just 88.
She hosted because the people requested it and it was the best decision Lorne Michaels made!

Also....does anyone suspect that Kenan Thompson will be the new Lorne someday????
Facebook poking IS still a thing. I have a Facebook friend who pokes me like 20 times a day.

Mirah

I love you
What?! How? WTF

Anyway

I need to find out more about this Jenny Slate person....

Also I started watching this episode w/ @ThatweekinSNL on twitch and a bunch of others and I was reading thier chat. Crazy stuff and probably stuff I don't really care about.

Mirah

I love you
I am not watching SNL this season.
I don't even know if it started or not
I couldn't tell you
Not gonna do it
nope
nada
you can't make me!
I mean I might check it out once or twice.
Maybe.
Or maybe I'm just going to save them all up for one big hoopla!

I can't hanlde the whole like gettting excited for an episode and then no one can show up because of covid or something and then everyone is just reading off a cue card and then everyone is dying and then they are doing tributes after tribute and then there is no musician or something bad happens.
The comedy is dead in my soul!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
New episode January 15th.
Host is Ariana DeBose (in the new West Side Story movie) & Roddy Ricch (some rapper singer guy, I listened to 30 secs of a song and clicked away)

A lot of people are wondering why they are trying to do an episode with COVID spiking so much in NYC lately.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
A lot of people are wondering why they are trying to do an episode with COVID spiking so much in NYC lately.

Same reason they came back so soon after 9/11 and put on a zoom SNL during the lockdown. In these tough times people could use a good laugh.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah of course, but the reason they had to do that weird Christmas episode w/only 4 people and no crew was because a bunch of the cast and staff had tested positive. I guess enough of them are negative now that they can try to do a more nornal show?

Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers tape 2 floors beneath SNL. Fallon had COVID over the holidays, and Seth is positive now and taping from home. Maybe the people at 30 Rock need to make the building safer...

Mirah

I love you
Exactly why I am not getting my hopes up!

To Loktar about Jan 15th I say

LALALAlALALALALALALA

(I searched far too long for a gif I liked)

Mirah

I love you
Which is exactly why I can't follow it this season. Thank you for keeping this updated tho.

So now I have a sketch I think they should do.

Kenan, Heidi, Aidy, and Pete-but hes just filiming, and Bowen, they are all looking at the phone and Chris Redd is there and everyone is watching this new Tik Tok challenge and they are all gearing up to do this new challenge and Aidy asks what is this new challenge called and Chris says, "The Aristocrats"
And then Bowen starts dancing, but everyone tells him to stop, even tho its really good and then Melissa walks on stage and says, "Hey guys, watcha doin?" and then everyone scrambles to shut it all down.
Thats it. Thats my sketch. But then Kyle comes out in a diaper and says, "Okay guys I'm ready"

And then Colin and Michael are going to talk about it on Weekend updated, only Tina Fey and Amy Poehler come out and Amy is pregnant again And then Alec Baldwin shows up with his 5 timers jacket and says, "Hey this has to be offensive right?" (and I've crossed a line) and then Paul Rudd comes out and shoots Alec in the head and Tina and Amy drink his blood like wine, out of wine glasses and Lorne Michaels gets on stage and gets a shot glass of Alec's piss and drinks it, gets another shot, and seals it in a case where it will be locked up forever.
Have I left anyone out? I think Fred Armison and Carrie Brownstein from Portlandia come out and say "Put a bird on it"
And then everyone is doing a tribute to long dead comedians and there is blood and piss and tears everywhere and then the CDC comes on stage but its really Cecily Strong and Ego Nwodim and they are making sure everyone has a mask on, has been tested, vaxed and are keeping 6 feet apart.

SNL went down hill really bad in the past 5-10 years, the only thing that I've found funny lately is Weekend Update. Every once in a while they'll have a funny skit.

Mirah

I love you
Saturday Night Live

This thread for all things related to Saturday Night Live, including Saturday Night Live.

Current weeks and some past will be reviewed. This way I can keep all my SNL stuff in one place. Don't just come in here and say, "SNL SUCKS. I LIKE THE OLD SNL, NOT THE NEW" If you love OLD SNL-then post one of your favorite sketches from way back when.

Thanks.