Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cait...[Truth or Dare]

Caitriona said:
Thanks. I always wondered... You can lose the sig. ;)
Sorry, that one was for free. Unrelated to the game.

Besides, milady SaDiablo is the one who has to give that permission. ;)

S. SaDiablo said:
Shatna: Funny, witty and very talented (yes, I heard the TK radio ;)). Also someone I'd like to get to know better.

Well, ain't I blushing six shades of purple. Thank you, that's very flattering - I figured maybe four people I know of even listened to that stuff. :D

As for getting to know me: I'm here!

S. SaDiablo said:
Truth it is, then. :)

What is the stupidest, craziest thing you have ever done and do not regret?

Ah, well. The first thing that comes to mind is of course sexual in nature, but I think I'll tuck that one away for now - to go against type for one thing and because... well, it just needs to be a secret for a while longer. ;)

My answer then may seem pretty mundane, even boring in fact. Also pretty damn lengthy. Stop reading here if you want, I won't be offended.

Twelve years ago - twelve! - I was 29, and at an absolute full-stop in my life. I had been hearing the grinding gears coming slowly to a halt for some time, but like turning up the radio so you don't hear the rattling noise in your car's engine, I simply turned up the volume on other, fairly pointless aspects of my life. Sex. Music gigs. Idiotic dalliances with idiotic people, most of them women. And so it took me some time to realize I was dyin' inside, literally in a spiritual (but not religious) sense. I lay awake late one night in April, listening to the rain spatter against the windows of my lonely, dead-quiet apartment and was for once completely honest with myself.

I had nothing. I had come to nothing. I had a job I didn't like, women who were no good for me, piled-up debts for ridiculous expenditures, and a soul that was rotting from the inside. And I also came to realize that no matter how much my friends and family loved me, they had come to see me in much the same way as I saw myself: aimless, penniless, achievement-less, absurd, and very very often quite unpleasant to be around.

So for once I listened to that inner voice I usually ignored but was the only one I should have ever trusted, and it was saying Get the Fuck Out. Out of Jersey, with its whitebread suburbs and office parks and big hair Shore lifestyle, out of the circle of friends and family who even though they loved me had pretty much given up on me and were now hemming me in, as if to make certain that never changed. (For which I take full responsibility, by the way; I was the one who taught them to see me that way.) I immediately announced to all of them that I was gonna Get the Fuck out, and they slapped me on the back and wished me well and didn't believe a word of it. After all, where was I gonna go? What was I gonna do? All alone, by myself, leave all that security and sameness behind?

Sometimes your friends can be your worst enemies.

Not only did I Get the Fuck Out even earlier than my set date; not only did I Get the Fuck Out and land a new job in a ridiculously easy fashion (and the next job even more ridiculously so), but I Got the Fuck Out in a way that breathed new life into every pore of my skin and every inch of my soul, immediately. It was like the end of "Groundhog Day", when Bill Murray is finally freed from the tortorous sameness he thought he'd been condemned to forever.

This was all crazy and stupid because I had absolutely no plan beyond Getting the Fuck Out, and I had no net because even if things got bad, going back was unthinkable. So I arrived where I am now, in one of the most interesting cities of the world, and I can look back at my thirties and know they were a decade of joy and achievement and possibilities I never knew could exist. Crazy and stupid, because sometimes saving your own life means stepping off that precipice and into the void, not knowing where or even if you will land. And when you're halfway to heaven and just a mile out of hell, you never ever forget the shit that almost killed you.

Wow, I can so relate. We left Connecticut almost 2 yrs ago and the minute we crossed into Ohio, it seemed as the biggest weight in the world was lifted off of our shoulders
We made it to Az with no money and no friends save the kid who had the apt we crashed at for 6 months
We left our safety net on the east coast, and there's no goin back for it

Wow...a lady goes to have dinner and look what she faces when she returns.

For all those who asked for dares, I'll get back to you shortly. ;)

And Rommie: no.

Chaddee said:
I'm going to regret this but...Go on, someone, dare me.
edted to add..no scanner or camera tech that can interact with the laptop, so I can't do anything related to them. Or printer for that matter

Okay, Chaddee. I see you don't have an avatar. So, my dare is this: At least for the next 24 hours put up an avatar that reflects a side of you that no one would expect. Allow it to express a side of you that you rarely show. Provide an explanation.

S. SaDiablo said:
Shatna,

Awesome. That was just...awesome. Thank you.

You're welcome. And thank YOU. :D

And everyone else.

Blade, not having the net is almost liberating, isn't it? 'Cause when you have nothing to fall back on your only option is to go full-tilt boogie straight into the wind and there's a joy in that kind of freedom that can't be matched.

WHAT!? You didn't ask for exposition!

Oh, FINE!

Yeah, so a buddy and I, and a couple lesbians who we were close with (Don't ALL great stories start out like this?) were fucking around one night (metaphorically, not figuratively) and were being goofy. They painted my face up like a whore, and I slipped on the sheer black nightie (boy, THAT was a tight garment for me to fit in) of my bud's fiancee and some flower-print skirt of hers. (Much to her utter HORROR later.) ANYWAY, they dressed him up in a button-up shirt and a tie and I jumped in his arms for a one-off pic to celebrate the ridiculousness.

Oh, and no alcohol or chemicals were a part of the festivities. Just people - good friends - being silly and having fun.

*considers posting the pic, but thinks better of it.*

As a wedding gift for my bud (I was his best man) I BLEW UP the pic, framed it and gave it to him. Boy was his wife PISSED! (Tee hee!)

They're divorced now.

Shatna said:
You're welcome. And thank YOU. :D

And everyone else.

Blade, not having the net is almost liberating, isn't it? 'Cause when you have nothing to fall back on your only option is to go full-tilt boogie straight into the wind and there's a joy in that kind of freedom that can't be matched.
Oh fuck yeah! It's scarey and liberating at the same time, Shit if I knew packing up the wife and kids and blindly moving 2600 miles would be this good...we would have done it years ago!