Cassie - Sci Fi Reading list please

I forgot to review Demolished Man: it was very good. The problem is whenver I see a review of one of these sixties sci-fi books it says something like "THIS BOOK INVENTED THE INTERNET" or whatever and they can't ALL have invented the internet or whatever so really I have to arrange all these books in publication order and go through them seeing which one really did invent the internet or whatever.

Err, that has nothing to do with The Demolished Man.

Reading The Name Of The Wind at rapid pace, great stuff. I think Cassie would enjoy it.

OH, one of my other non-TK friends recommended The Name Of The Wind. THAT'S TWO RECOMMENDATIONS. I shall have to look for it.

Does anyone write on their books? I'm reading a non-scifi book, "Leviathan, or The Whale" by Philip Hoare and I keep finding ideas and things I want to keep note of, but it seems WRONG to scrawl on a new book and I'm too lazy to transcribe everything onto computer (or, God forbid, write with a pencil).

Get some of those little sticky things and mark the pages you want to go back over.

I AM RETURNING TO THE LAND OF THE READERS.

I just ordered Dance with Dragons, Canticle for Leibowitz, and The Name of the Wind. In order to get free shipping I'll have to wait for Dance to come out and then they'll all ship together. I AM EXCITED TO BE BACK WITH ALL OF YOU.

DOUBLE POST

(not really, but Squeeeeeee and stuff)

I will update you on my recent reading list / sci fi stuff tomorrow...

excellent seeing this rising from the dead again for the summer...I look forward to stealing ideas for good reads. if I have any of my (Don't at the mo) own, I'll wade in. Kisses!

After Dance with Dragons, I'm gonna probably be reading Canticle. It's a classic that I've been meaning to read for YEARS.

I know this is for "proper" scifi books, but I'm currently reading the novelisation of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and it's really quite good (I will read Dune eventually... but I came to the end of Cosmos and this was on the shelf giving me that sad "you've had me for a year and not read me yet" look). Adds a lot of credible new material to the film and builds up characters such as David Marcus and Saavik, who we never really got to know.

I wanted to go to the library to get it today but Rupert Murdoch had erected a giant machine that blocked out the sun and the staff had insisted that they close because they can't afford to have the lights on all day.

From the Search for Spock novel...

Chekov wore a jumpsuit of relatively severe tailoring, while Sulu wore jeans and sandals and an embroidered Filipino festival shirt.

I reckon Sulu might have the gay!

HEADVOID (or any other MFer really) I was wondering if you'd read Riddley Walker by Russell Hoban? I'm currently reading A Canticle for Leibowitz (it's fantastic) and I did a little googling about it, and something I read somewhere said it was the most successful literary science fiction novel until Riddley Walker came out in the 80s. I have never heard of Riddley Walker, but now I'd love to read it.

ARGHHHH... more googling led me to this book and now I want to read it too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Dave

NEVER HEARD OF RIDDLEY WALKER. If it was so successful, HOW COME WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT, EH?

Will Smith is a very intelligent and amusing chap so I might read that book, GOOD LINK CASSIE.

Back