Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

lol... I noticed they always started on Annie's boobs ALSO.

Good episode. I feel like I should watch it again so I can catch the things I missed or something? I didn't laugh much either!

LoL. I don't, though I know you speak of the annoying Sherri Shepherd. I've been told I need to watch because there's a really HOT dancer that may outhot Maksim.

THE COLOR RED

Well Maks' brother Val is a pro dancer this year (he's with Sherri, Maks is with Melissa "Half Pint" Gilbert), but the real hottie is new guy Tristan. He's Irish, with the accent and everything. He's making people forget Maks and Derek.

But my heart will always belong to Derek. (I know I'm weird)

BTW I watched the epic conclusion to Pillow Wars, and maybe I need to watch it again, because I was like "meh" when it was over. I'M SORRY I'LL TRY HARDER.

I really enjoyed it, but after reading some IMDb threads I've started to wonder more about whether all these wacky set-piece episodes are such a good idea. Season 1 was probably the most solid year, and it gave us Modern Warfare, but that was really the icing on the cake. The rest of the episodes were more down to Earth and let us learn about the characters. We don't learn anything much about the characters now because the crazy plots take precedence. And we don't see them in class with Chang as a teacher because his crazed antics take precedence there too. They should make him a teacher again (of any subject, they can use "budget cutbacks" as an excuse for him teaching something he knows nothing about) and save up these massive trippy concept episodes so they can be infrequent and special, rather than the norm.

It’s just a fucking mediocre sitcom! I want people to laugh and this isn’t funny. It ain’t funny to me because I’m 67-years-old and I’ve been doing this a long time. I’ve been making a lot of people laugh — a lot better than this.

It's from a year ago.

People are getting pissed at Chevy Chase for this, but he didn't leak these phone calls. People get pissed off at work ALL THE TIME!

REALLY! If my bosses actually checked my chat logs with my friend, we'd be...well they'd probably bounce us for being pervs more than being insubordinate lol.

WE DID THIS.

Why Community Is the Most Popular Show on the Internet

By Max Read - Apr 11, 2012 4:00 PM

Yesterday, Community, NBC's sitcom about the odd and endearing relationship between a diverse group of community college students, was named TV Guide's fan-favorite comedy, and its fan-favorite ensemble. Its time slot competitor Big Bang Theory, the CalTech-set CBS comedy about a pair of nerd genius roommates, didn't win in any category.

Community's wins were unquestionably driven by a highly responsive and devoted online fanbase — currently mobilizing to vote in Hulu's "Best in Show" contest. On Reddit, "the front page of the internet," the Community subreddit page has more than 40,000 subscribers; the Big Bang Theory, a tenth as many. Yet less than a week ago, Big Bang Theory was the highest-rated comedy in the country and Community, all but guaranteed cancellation within the next year, posted its lowest-ever ratings. For some reason, the show about geeks is the one that everyone watches, while the show about everyone is the one that only geeks watch.

As anyone who has ever paid attention to television, the internet, or human beings can tell you, the relative popularity of the two shows — and the locations of that popularity — has essentially nothing to do with their quality. (For the record, Community is clearly a better show than Big Bang Theory, though not by as much as Community fans think.) Really, the odd phenomenon of Community's internet popularity is less about any specific critical judgment than about a sea change in geek and internet cultures over the last decade, one that's still developing and that not many people in television have caught up with yet.

That is: where once geek and internet cultures overlapped to large degree, and barely at all with mainstream culture, the opposite is increasingly true: geek subcultures are an integral part of mainstream popular culture, as imagined in movies and on television, while internet culture has developed over the last decade or so into its own beast (or into several interrelated beasts), no longer dominated by the hand-me-down geek culture that defined the 1990s internet.

Long full article here...they talk about Asperger's!

"That is: where once geek and internet cultures overlapped to large degree, and barely at all with mainstream culture, the opposite is increasingly true: geek subcultures are an integral part of mainstream popular culture, as imagined in movies and on television, while internet culture has developed over the last decade or so into its own beast"

The dumbest, most inane sentence I've read today, and I read several of Gwyneth's newsletters.

GOOD EPISODE!

Britta just hits it out of the park (an american sports term) every week. (She's really funny.)

For some reason I found the Dean's "What's wrong, Annie? You came out of the bedroom smiling but then you leaned against the door and the smile faded!" hilarious.

I bet Chevy hated sitting on that bench with the horse.

Same thoughts as you guys!

I loved the lampshading of Annie's expression (she does that sort of thing a lot, so maybe it's something that a big group of fans obsess over?).

I have to agree Britta looked really good in this episode.

Abed asking for help reacting to something.

Everytime Chevy Chase turns up I'm looking at him trying to detect his inner hatred of the entire show and its creator, but he's been making people laugh for 60 years, so does a great job of masking it!

Everyone kind of seemed like a normal person this week... I liked the more subdued, sometimes melancholy atmosphere.

I could figure out if Annie's cleavage was for comedy effect or to get pervy viewers.

I liked this episode!

Any chance we get to explore more of Britta's utterly broken emotions is welcome, more so when they also use it to explore Jeff's broken emotions!