Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

It was a dead-on parody of L&O. I larfed a lot.

Weird Head Kid is officially the Frank Grimes of Community.

But does this mean
Star-Burns
is really dead? I'm thinking it does...

I was disappointed by the lack of Britta (other than one great scene!) She wasn't even a tthe court room bit at the end. Maybe she was filming something else.

BUT YEAH, GOOD EPISODE. I like when they bring back all the recurring characters and they do funny thing according to their personality.

Poor Starface.

DONG DONG!

Fun episode. They need to have the black teacher guy in the show MORE.

Fuddlemiff, The Mine Field, 21:00 GMT

So many good lines. I LOLed more last week, but really the two episodes are so different in tone that they're beyond comparison. Another ep I'll have to watch twice over at least.

"May I remind you, this is not a court of law!"

Jeff making the Dean spunk himself. "Uniforms!"

I'm surprised they didn't end with "is this because I'm a lesbian?"

OMG, they killed Starburns! (Yeah, I reckon he's really dead)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/27/community-law-order-death/

Last night, at the tail end of “Basic Lupine Urology,” Community’s shrewd Law & Order homage, that quirky, shady, lizard-toting, top-hatted, leather-vested student with funky facial hair seemed to have met his end when his car was rear-ended, causing the makeshift meth lab in his trunk to explode. We were spared the grisly visuals, instead watching Professor Kane (Michael K. Williams) receive a phone call with the tragic news. Next week’s episode allows proper space to mourn, as it picks up with his funeral.

Interesting! I had no idea he was a writer. I always kinda thought he was a real extra who turned up with those sideburns and they got him noticed enough to get lines.

Yeah, he's the brainchild behind "Morel Oral" and "Mary Shelley's Frankenhole" on Adult Swim, and he wrote a bunch of "TV Funhouse" shorts for SNL, plus MadTV, Conan, Letterman...

I'm starting to think that the same 20 people write all TV & movie comedy in the world.

DONG DONG!
DOINK DOINK

5130.imgcache.gif

NBC Moves Community Finale into May Sweeps

April 27, 2012 04:36 PM PDT
by Matt Webb Mitovich

Well this is Changsteresting…. NBC has moved Community‘s Season 3 finale up a week, to May 17, thus landing it within the May sweeps ratings period.

In doing so, NBC “added” a half hour to the acclaimed comedy’s season-ending night, by tacking the double-episode finale onto the episode that was to precede it.

In other words, the night will look like this:

8:00 Community — “The First Chang Dynasty”
8:30 30 Rock season finale
9:00 Community — “Introduction to Finality”
9:30 Community — “Digital Estate Planning” (season finale)

The “loser” in this shuffle is, in a way, Awake, which was to have a double-episode finale on May 17, starting at 9 pm. Instead, the underperforming freshman drama will now air the second hour on May 24 aka the night after sweeps ends.

Mind you, NBC will have announced all of its renewals (and thus cancellations) for next TV season by Monday, May 14.
As as the comments sum up, people don't know whether to take this as a vote of confidence, or as NBC burning off the rest of the unaired episodes to be done with it.

If they're going to cancel it I'd rather have three weeks of new episodes, than one night (I won't be able to resist downloading them obviously).

The thing is, 30 Rock has the same shit ratings and gets renewed year after year, because it's a Lorne Michaels show and it managed to win Emmys and so it has "prestige".

But the ratings for the whole Thursday block are shit compared to the other networks, even The Office (which has the highest ratings of the block). To put things in perspective:

5148.imgcache.jpg

That a show on a major network (meaning any of them except Fox or the CW) to only bring in 3-5 million totals viewers, usually would mean instant cancellation. but NBC's whole Thursday night lineup has been sinking this way for a while. When your numbers almost get beat by Vampire Diaries, every day you're still on the air is a gift.

I think Community and 30 Rock get a break because NBC purposely puts them up against American Idol and Big Bang, basically the two highest rated shows on television. NBC is already making money off 30 Rock in syndication, and they just have to decide if it's worth giving Community one more season so they can make back-end money off it as well. I think the fact that it looks like 30 Rock will get one more season is good news for Community, since justifying one show means justifying the other as well.

Or they could just scrap the whole night and move The Voice there. Who knows?

I can't believe that many people still watch The Mentalist. It's not a horrible show, or anything, but I got tired of it pretty quick. I tried to watch a rerun last night and (Trip was in it!) but I couldn't even bother to watch the last few minutes to see who did it.