COVID-19 check in thread

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I did both of those things and it still fucked me up for a solid 24 hours. Smooth sailing after that though

Yeah, ditto my wife. Laid out flat for a day and a half. I just dealt with the inflammatory response big time and got over the fatigue 24,48 hrs after.

Mirah

I love you
That's a bummer :( It will be such a relief when the infections finally subside and people can get back to something resembling a normal life. I think so many people are just fatigued of the whole quasi-lockdown thing and become more willing to put themselves and, unfortunately, other people at risk with each day that passes. It's been a long 14+ months.

Today I went to the farmer's market (outside) and when I was at my friend's table I realized people weren't wearing thier masks and I mentioned it and she said, "Yeah, you don't have to, but you can, its your choice" I didn't know what to do! So when I walked away I dramatically whisked it off, but then I put it back on, but then I took it off and just continued walking around and chatting w/ people at a safe distance. It was kind of nice.
But odd.
I definitely still wear it indoors tho.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I only wear the mask for work and anywhere else that still requires it. It was great walking around Walmart with no mask. And it was great to see Market32 got rid of their one way and social distance stickers on the floor.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
My youngest nephew was very careful and recently got Covid. He recovered and after testing negative twice and waiting the allotted time, he got his first vaccine shot the other day. To date, Covid deaths and survivals: my brother's wife lost 11 family members last year, my ex-brother-in-law's wife died in March, a cousin's wife died in April, both of my nephews have had Covid and survived - one last year, one this year, a friend's daughter and two of her grandchildren survived this year, three of a neighbor's children survived this year, two neighbors died last year, one neighbor survived this year.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I had a lovely day maskless with my grandchildren for my birthday, and got my old job back!

Sloooooooooooooowly getting back to norbal.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Got my second vaccination yesterday afternoon. But also got my first covid test today because the plumber who came out yesterday is apparently having symptoms and he wasn't wearing a mask. (It was negative.)

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Things have opened up here, though you still need to wear a mask on public transit and medical locations (which is fine and should be permanent).

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I got my second shot of Pfizer on Friday. I had no reaction to the first shot, this one is kicking my arse. I had the migraine of a lifetime most of Saturday, which did not ease until Sunday morning, only to be replaced with rock hard, swollen glands under my tonsil pits in my neck - about as painful as the migraine, and almost impossible to speak most of the day.

It'll still be worth it once I'm past all this shit.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Second dose is rough, if you can get a day off work I recommend just sleeping it off.

Somehow managed to get shingles, either off someone else, or off me, and it just lay dorment, from the last time I had it 30 years ago.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Wishing you the speediest possible recovery from the rock hard, swollen glans in your neck.

CaptainWacky

I totally forgot I even got my second dose as I had no reaction at all. Maybe Astrazeneca doesn't give you side effects unless it kills you.

CaptainWacky

Hope you and your nephew are fine and wearing ballbags at a family reunion soon.