COVID-19 check in thread

Mirah

I love you
Also
Are you going to continue wearing a mask where you live? Whats the rule? I want to burn all of my masks, but I still must wear it for work.
How do you feel? etc etc
Is lipstick going to be $30 now?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I plan to keep wearing my mask for some time.

Right? I'm staying far away from people without masks. In my area, everyone indoors thats shopping for necessities has not changed their habits. Outdoors is a problem, but being antisocial in public has its advantages. I haven't changed my Covid behavior in the slightest and I'm fully vaccinated.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'm getting my first vaccine on Wednesday.

jack

CaptainWacky

It was the AstraZenica, so if I disappear in the next couple of days it's because I'm dead.

(I've had no side effects at all yet, my arm isn't even sore.)

jack

It was the AstraZenica, so if I disappear in the next couple of days it's because I'm dead.

(I've had no side effects at all yet, my arm isn't even sore.)

Nah that's actually one of the safer ones. The difference is it doesn't use encoded mRNA, it's actually a genetically modified form of adenovirus.

You'd have to be in a .00001 of the people who got the shot to be affected that badly, plus you had to have an unknown history of clotting.

So, CONGRATULATIONS.

The new CDC mask guidelines are bullshit confusing though. If these guys are going to lead, I wish they would. I feel like a ragdoll the way they change their minds over not "shocking" the public, while they shock the public.

I am sad for my friend. It was a similar story to mine-she had just found out she had a brother and has only known him for 5 years. : (
That's a bummer :( It will be such a relief when the infections finally subside and people can get back to something resembling a normal life. I think so many people are just fatigued of the whole quasi-lockdown thing and become more willing to put themselves and, unfortunately, other people at risk with each day that passes. It's been a long 14+ months.

jack

Moderna dose #2 for me tomorrow. I cleared my calendar for the weekend just in case it hits me hard, but hopefully it's no worse than the first round (or just, not much worse).

If you drink lots of water and don't exert yourself your side effects should be mild, if at all.

CaptainWacky

I've still had no side effects apart from slight arm pain.