DOCTOR WHO IS FUCKING BACK TONIGHT (post in this thread about Doctor Who [please])

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked that one quite a bit, noticed the crack was back, this time in the ship at the end.

I guess its going to be somewhere in every episode.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Good episode (I have a feeling we'll be saying this every week)!

I liked the story about the space whales leading the first explorers through the asteroid belt. A romantic sea shanty-esque feel to that.

Felt like the pacing was about to drag in the middle, but then it picked up again.

Did they explain what the kids job was?

Nice that the Doc mucking about with the water at the beginning had an actual purpose, which was explained and made sense, rather than just being something "FUN" and "ODD" as it might've been when he who shan't be named was in charge.

But Moffat's SCOT AGENDA continued with those comments about a separate Scottish ship! "Good for them!"

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I wonder if the Scottish ship was powered by an enslaved Loch Ness Monster (YES TOMTREK I KNOW THERE WAS AN OLD EPISODE ABOUT NESSIE.)

Good episode, yes. I want to do things to Amy Pond's face.

FEW QUESTIONS: Why did they keep sending kids down to the space whale when they already knew the whale wasn't going to eat them? Also I guess the queen just created the smilers to distract people and keep them in line and frighten children (this one isn't really a question)?

IF RTD HAD WRITTEN IT, WALES WOULD HAVE HAD THERE OWN SHIP AND THEY WOULD HAVE SAVED THE DAY AND THE QUEEN WOULD HAVE BEEN A LESBIAN AND DIED.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Nah, the Queen would've been a gay man and when the Doc found out he would've looked directly at the camera and arched an eyebrow, just to really drive home the point in case anyone missed the gay reference of the week.

Speaking of which, I said "oh FFS" when they did the Star Wars line. It was just a little too blatant. :)

CaptainWacky

I can't remember it. :(

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
"Help us, Doctor, you're our only hope", said by the Queen.

CaptainWacky

Ooooooooooooooh yeah, I noticed that too. NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
ALSO:

After watching it again last night (because I couldn't be in chat and it was 1am and I had iPlayer) what O really liked about this episode was how 80's it felt, in a good way. You got the feeling that Sylvester McCoy would've probably had a similar adventure.

SPEAKING OFF old Doctor Who stuff that no one cares about, a nice lick with a Classic episode was the fact that humanity left the Earth around the 30th Century due to it being made uninhabitable by Solar Flares as we saw in The Ark in Space. It was a nice nod without going "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT EPISODE HEY HEY DO YOU REMEMBER BECAUSE I DO".

CaptainWacky

How come Amy and the Doctor were puked out the starwhale's mouth and ended up in some tunnel somewhere but at the end we saw the mouth opened directly into space?

(It had two mouths.)

SORRY, I'LL NEVER NOTICE ANYTHING AGAIN.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Maybe its more of a spacedolphin than a spacewhale, and blew them out of its blowhole?

CaptainWacky

A BLOWHOLE WITH TEETH?

(It doesn't matter really.)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Well The Doctor described it as an "overflow" pipe, or something similar. So basically I'd imagine that it's another pipe that makes sure the Space Whale doesn't choke on his own vomit or something similar.

Also:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
"Corr, I've had a heluva day, Da!"

"I'LL PUUUTT THHHHHEEE KEEEETTT-LLLLLEEEE OOONN THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN"

whisky

Boobie inspector
""Oh Doctor you will have a cup of tea, go on, go on, go on, go on."

CaptainWacky

I'm disappointed he didn't say it "you are the DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALEKS!" like in that out of context audio clip a year ago.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Did anyone see Labour's party political broadcast this evening? I ask in this DR WHO thread because for some reason it had Sean Pertwee (waffling on about his dad while walking in that self consciously overconfident looking way that only people in adverts do) and David Tennant doing the voiceover at the end.

GUH?!