Doctor Who: Season 32, Series 6, Part 1

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Well it’s that time of year again, Doctor Who time.

[youtube]9vIsQ25Krq8[/youtube]

Three important things to start off with:

1) It’s terribly sad that this season of Doctor Who starts off on a down note, with the death of Elizabeth Sladen. She was, for many, the definitive companion and her passing is a loss to both fans old and new of the show. How this will effect the show, and the Sarah Jane Adventures, is uncertain, but whatever the outcome the show has lost one of it’s best companions and actresses. There will be a short tribute to her at 6:45 on the CBBC channel, in-between the show and Confidential

2) The show is now being shown on the same day in both the US and the UK. That means that the episode that’s being shown on BBCAmerica tonight is the same episode that was shown on BBC1 only a few hours earlier. This is a good thing.

3) This series is being split into two halves. The first 7 episodes now, the next 7 episodes in the Autumn. This is also a good thing.

THE EPISODES:

The first half of the series will be:

The Impossible Astronaut and The Day of the Moon by Steven Moffat
The Curse of the Black Spot by Steven Thompson (this episode was originally going to be shown in the second half but was swapped with Mark Gatiss’ creepy doll episode)
The Doctor’s Wife by Neil Gaiman. Yes, that Neil Gaiman
The Rebel Flesh and The Almost People by Matthew Graham. (who has previously written… ugh… Fear Her)
A Good Man Goes to War by Steven Moffat (the end of this half of the season with A BIG CLIFFHANGER)

SPOILERS:
Let’s put spoilers in spoiler tags. Yes, okay, the Radio Times might have “LOOK AT THE RETURN OF MARTHA JONES… AS A ROBOT??” on every news stand but that’s still a spoiler and some people don’t want to read them! (that’s not a real spoiler)

Apart from that, just watch Doctor Who.

[youtube]xuyeesj-1OA[/youtube]

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm very excited about getting to see the show the same day as all of you!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Its good, I'll say no more, so as not to spoil it for you.

Will write more tomorrow.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah I really liked that. It's biggest flaw was that it was mostly a lot of (very good) build up... but that's sort of the point of a Part 1 of a two parter!

That Sarah Jane tribute was sad. :(

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Y'all go ahead and discuss the episode if you want. Those of us still waiting for it to air should keep out, IMO!

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
You know watching it again (yes, I'm watching it again), I really like all the subtle bits of acting Matt Smith did at the start to feel a couple of hundred years older.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm just amazed that after burning off 10 regenerations in under 50 years he managed to make his 11th last 200 without dying.

Maybe he was travelling alone, he does tend to die a lot saving his companions.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It was good, yeah. It did feel a bit "off" at times though. Like some of the stuff with the Doctor/Amy/Rory felt weird. Maybe it was partly Matt Smith acting older, but I don't know. And did they really have to do the "Doctor? Doctor who!?" line like three times? That stood out since the rest of the banter was funny.

Mark Shepperd was good and I liked that Nixon wasn't evil or anything in the episode, he just happened to be the president at the time. Need to see part two before we can judge, really.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm very curious how they'll explain away that really being the Doctor who died. There hasn't been any hint of him being a clone or alternate dimension version like Amy suggested so far.

Speaking of; Amy was hot as usual.

Loved all the banter throughout. Surprised by the "I'm a screamer" line, but it's not like kids will understand the double meaning there.

I didn't notice the Doc acting older, but that's a good excuse to watch it again!

I'm not keen on the aliens... seem kind of Ood-like.

CaptainWacky

Also all the Founding Fathers being secretly gay is a real thing and part of the GAY AGENDA.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm sure that'll go down well!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The whole thing was a little confusing, but I didn't watch the previous season so it will all probably start making sense after I see a few episodes OR SOMETHING. Is Amy Pond the hottest companion ever? Also, was Rory in Secret Diary of a Call Girl? He looks familiar.

CaptainWacky

I'd like to see Amy and Martha together.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I literally had a fit at the end of that episode. It was like I'd suddenly developed Tourette syndrome and had a backlog of expletives that needed to escape immediately.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I really need to watch the first episode soon.

CaptainWacky

Do we really need teasers for the prequels (which are just teasers themselves)?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Doctor Who, series 6, episode 2

Merge this if you only want one thread for the whole series.

Pretty damn good, spooky and scary like Who used to be when I was a kid, but I'm not sure what actual kids would make of it.

I think Moffett must have been watching lost, as for every answer given he gives us three new questions to ponder.

A girl in a spacesuit, Amy pregnant and not pregnant at the same time, the girl who can regenerate.

Things not happening in the right order, even a first kiss that wasnt meant to be a first kiss.

My guess is its Amys baby that was in the suit, and when she killed the future doctor she took his regenerations.