Doctor Who: Season 32, Series 6, Part 1

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I do hope they actually reveal who River is or at least who she killed in her next appearance. ENOUGH'S ENOUGH.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I thought "The next time you see me, that's when everything changes" was this time.

So what exactly changed?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OK, so you guys kinda think the little girl in the space suit was the chick who kissed the doctor, and her name is River? ALSO, they are traveling in opposite directions in time, so now, for him, he's just met her, and for her they've known each other for ages, but now when she sees him he won't know her, but he's getting to know her? BAH, that doesn't make any sense, but OK.

I was thinking the girl in the space suit was Amy's baby.

CaptainWacky

NO I CAN'T.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Someone should (or knowing the internet, already did) draw a diagram of River and the Doctor's encounters. I get the general idea, but then they do something like synchronising their diaries, where they talk about adventures that are in both of their pasts and I get confused.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
She can only time travel backwards? And how does she keep escaping from prison and them not realizing it?

whisky

Boobie inspector
She isnt time travelling backwards, each time the Doctor meets her in his chronological order, its earlier in her life (with a few exceptions).

If he keeps this up eventually from her point of view she will be meeting him for the first time, by which point he will already be in love with her.

But of course when she died he had only just met her, and wasnt aware of quite what or who he had lost.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
See!!! CONFUZZLED

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, that doesn't help AT ALL.

CaptainWacky

Imogen Poots for young River.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That is great, but it doesn't explain how their romantic life can exist BEFORE their first kiss. OMG, I'll just try not to think about it.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
The first time The Doctor kisses River (which we saw in the episode) was the last time River will kiss The Doctor.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I thought that was a good, light episodes which is exactly what we needed after the two heavy ones we just had.

Could have done without the old "FATHER CONNECTS WITH SON" generic storyline, as well as the Rory death fakeout (you can only kill a character so many times!) but apart from that it was good and had a nice twist in the story.

Next week's will rock the fucking house.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Anyone else a little disturbed that the Doctor gives a space ship to a man who's "killed a thousand innocent men" and his entire compliment of pirates?

That said it was pretty cool that he would sail to the binary dog star.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, it was pretty good. I'm sure the "malfunctioning alien medical program" story has been done several times before (The Doctor Dances FOR ONE) but it was still an adequate plot and the pirates having a spaceship was cool (even if they are all evil!)

I NOTICED A CONTINUITY ERROR: Okay so Amy, Rory, Toby (the boy) and TWO pirates are in the locked room. The pirates try to get out. Toby cuts one of them with a sword. The other pirates runs away. The cut pirate STAYS IN THE ROOM. The run away pirate is then "killed" by the mermaid after she appears in the reflection of the crown. But when the Doctor and the captain go back to the locked roomed, the cut pirate isn't there and no one mentions him or what happened to him. So that was a bit weird (no one else noticed or cared I'm sure!)

Next week's should be good.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, it wasn't bad. There were some good lines, like Rory asking for a pirate phrase book and the "understand?" "yes" "good, because it's nothing like that at all" bit.

Another 'hole in the wall' shot as well... anyone got any theories on that? Is Amy imagining all this?