Doctor Who: Season 32, Series 6, Part 1

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I merged the thread since people would probably just post in this one anyway.

It was a good episode, better than last week's I THOUGHT. Though they might have put a bit too much in: the three month jump at the start seems kind of pointless looking back and I'm not really sure why the men in black (were they the robot men in black from SJA? No, probably not!) were chasing them anyway.

Hopefully they'll explain why the Silence were only interested in conquering Earth this time whereas last season they were trying to end all of creation (IF IT WAS THEM?)

So the little girl...I have no idea. Maybe she's River and Amy and Rory are the parents and secret Timelords but that won't be it! She's not Jenny anyway.

What's a time head?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It was an enjoyable episode, but I didn't know what the fuck was going on quite a lot of the time.

Schrodinger's baby?

That thing with the window in the door and the actress who's BEEN IN THINGS who disappeared.

As it stands, the Doctor still dies by that lakeside, right?

Presumably, some of The Silence survived.

Um, in the James Corden episode with the timeship there was a girl at the top of the stairs that kept beckoning people in. Was that just a projection or could it be related to the spacesuit girl?

CaptainWacky

Yeah when that woman appeared and said "she must be dreaming" I just thought "well, that'll be explained by time travel in the season finale."

Yes the Doctor still dies. Strange that it wasn't really mentioned much this week other than the Doctor asking River about the envelope.

You'd think there would be lots of dead silence bodies lying about everywhere because of all humans being programmed to kill them on sight.

The girl at the top of the stairs was supposed to be a self repair programme, I think?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
You'd think there would be lots of dead silence bodies lying about everywhere because of all humans being programmed to kill them on sight.

Ever trip over something, but then can't seem to find anything on the ground to trip over?

Or can't seem to remember finding anything on the ground to trip over...

CaptainWacky

WELL YES but they still show up when flimed SO I'VE FOUND A HOLE IN YOUR CHARMING SOLUTION.

CaptainWacky

Ah-h-h-h!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I was really surprised (considering it's a happy flappy kids/family show) when they brought up RACE right at the end, and then even MORE surprised when they brought up GAYS. Good work, Moffat!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Where the hell did they get dwarf star material from?

And how were they even able to lift it if it was that dense?

CaptainWacky

It was Area 51 so I assumed it was salvaged from some alien ship. Maybe they could lift it BECAUSE THEY WERE ACTUALLY ROBOTS.

CaptainWacky

I was really surprised (considering it's a happy flappy kids/family show) when they brought up RACE right at the end, and then even MORE surprised when they brought up GAYS. Good work, Moffat!

As soon as he said "I wanted to get married" last week I said* "YEAH, GAY MARRIED" because it's Doctor Who and it's a bit obvious now, really (it was still well delivered this week.)

*I didn't actually "say" it.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Sure you didn't say it in chat? I think someone said it, but I was still surprised. I thought he just wasn't allowed to get married for security reasons.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I knew it was going to be a man in this episode, but for some reason it never twigged last week.

I'm surprised they didn't cut back to the present and show old canton getting in his truck with an old black man waiting for him.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The theory that the baby is River is really buggering my mind.

whisky

Boobie inspector
But is the baby/girl a time lord, or did the suit just let her take the one regeneration it stole from the Doctor?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I AM CONFUSED. I'm having a hard time following any of this, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be MAYBE THE SILENCE ARE MAKING ME FORGET.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
The theory that the baby is River is really buggering my mind.

I don't like thinking that either, but I am. Bastards.

I've never liked River Song, even from the Library episodes. She's just shady and sneaky and I don't like thinking I know who she killed to be in prison, but I do.

I JUST DON'T LIKE THINKING OKAY

Yub

Anachrophobic
I was sad for her when she kissed the Doctor. Sad first/last kiss.

SHUT IT, I'M ALLOWED TO LIKE ROMANTIC SILLY THINGS. BASTARDS.