Doctor Who: Season 32, Series 6, Part 1

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
IT'S PROBABLY THE RANI.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'd rather it was Rani than The Rani, really.

(The Rani wasn't very good)

(well, she had potential, but her stories were bad)

CaptainWacky

I've noticed everytime there's a mystery female character, someone says "IT'S THE RANI" (on OTHER BOARDS, not here.)

Did no one else notice the disappearing pirate? :(

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yes I noticed him!

Maybe he'll be something that looks like a mistake but is actual a MASTER PART OF THE ARC (like The Doctor's jacket in Flesh and Stone), or maybe it will be just an actual mistake that people will make retarded theories about (like Rory's nametag in The Eleventh Hour).

What I'm wondering is how much they changed the episode when they moved it to before the mid-season cliffhanger (if at all). That last scene, for example, could've been shot after the fact as it doesn't really add anything to the overall story.

CaptainWacky

Maybe it'll just turn out his pregnancy scan machine is broken.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Looks like we finally get to see a bit more of the tardis next week, although I hope its more than just a corridor.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Quick thought, remember Abigail's song "Silence is all you Know" in the Christmas episode? "When you're alone, all you see is silence." And ends with "Silence is all around".

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Every time there was a post in this thread last night I clicked on it then I remembered that I hadn't seen the show yet, so I didn't read the posts. ANYWAY, if this has already been discussed I missed it, OK? sorry! What's up with the chick Amy saw wearing the eye patch? I think she had an eye patch.

CaptainWacky

We don't know yet.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Quick thought, remember Abigail's song "Silence is all you Know" in the Christmas episode? "When you're alone, all you see is silence." And ends with "Silence is all around".

It's possible, but I think Murray Gold wrote that whole thing in about 10 minutes at the last minute so I'm not sure how much it was really planned to fit into an arc.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, he probably just had the word "silence" in the back of his mind and it subconsciously worked itself into the song.

If the Silence have been on Earth for such a long time and like living there so much, I wonder why they never helped thwart alien invasions. It would've been in their interests to.

The thing with the one eyed woman seems to be suggesting that everything Amy's experiencing is a delusion and that she's in a futuristic mental asylum somewhere, but it's such an obvious conclusion that it's probably dead wrong.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Wouldnt he write the tune, not the lyrics?

He's credited with the lyrics, and he also wrote the lyrics to the previous songs on the series, 'Song for Ten', 'Love Don't Roam', 'My Angel Put The Devil In Me' and 'The Stowaway'.

Usually the lyrics are only written by the writer of the episode of their content has any actual effect on the plot, which that song didn't.

But it's certainly possible that Moffat told him to work 'Silence' into the lyrics, which is easy as it's a song about being alone!

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It's played at the end of The Christmas Invasion when The Doctor is picking his outfit, and when he's eating Christmas Dinner with the Tylers.

The version used in the episode was sung by Tim Philips, but a re-recorded version sung by Neil Hannon which had extra lyrics was released on the first soundtrack.

[YOUTUBE]BFGJz7IKI2o[/YOUTUBE]

It's popped up in the music a few times, especially during Series 2.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Which one was "I've never been to Cuba"?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I never realised that was written for the show, thought it was just some song from the 70s or something.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Steven Moffat shares his views on people who leak spoilers online:

[YOUTUBE]LyiIKHHQYPc[/YOUTUBE]

And then comments on his own rant:

Steven Moffat said:
Finally heard my own rant. Grumpy sod. And what a boring, inflection free voice! It's like been told off by the shipping forecast.
Twitter

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Good for him. Must be really frustrating, but that's what you get for inviting fans. Unlike the journalists, they don't have to worry about being invited back.